According to Boomer, Sanchez is a chihuahua

Jetman_67

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825ba02b/article/esiason-turns-on-sanchez-also-rips-jets-coach-gm-?module=HP11_headline_stack

Former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason, who defended Jets signal caller Mark Sanchez against criticism earlier this season, has gone over to the other side.

Esiason piled on the third-year player on Wednesday, telling Boston's 850-AM that, "If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky."

He told ESPN later that the chihuahua line wasn't a reference to Sanchez's Mexican-American heritage. "I chose a small dog that always looks shaken and has big eyes, and doesn't like big things -- a chihuahua. It's a skittish dog and he's been a skittish player," he said.

Esiason, who played for the Jets among other teams during his 14-year career, also ripped the Jets leadership for the team's disappointing 8-8 performance and locker room strife this season.

"I think that (coach) Rex Ryan's ways have come back to haunt him," Esiason said. "And (general manager) Mike Tannenbaum ... has a lot of responsibility in this regard, because they have put a lot of bad guys together in this locker room. There's a good core of players for the New York Jets. But unfortunately, all it takes is one guy. And Rex Ryan giving Santonio Holmes the captain's 'C' on the chest was an absolute embarrassment. It's a slap in the face of all the good guys in that locker room."

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason, who defended Jets signal caller Mark Sanchez against criticism earlier this season, has gone over to the other side.

Esiason piled on the third-year player on Wednesday, telling Boston's 850-AM that, "If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky."

He told ESPN later that the chihuahua line wasn't a reference to Sanchez's Mexican-American heritage. "I chose a small dog that always looks shaken and has big eyes, and doesn't like big things -- a chihuahua. It's a skittish dog and he's been a skittish player," he said.

Esiason, who played for the Jets among other teams during his 14-year career, also ripped the Jets leadership for the team's disappointing 8-8 performance and locker room strife this season.

"I think that (coach) Rex Ryan's ways have come back to haunt him," Esiason said. "And (general manager) Mike Tannenbaum ... has a lot of responsibility in this regard, because they have put a lot of bad guys together in this locker room. There's a good core of players for the New York Jets. But unfortunately, all it takes is one guy. And Rex Ryan giving Santonio Holmes the captain's 'C' on the chest was an absolute embarrassment. It's a slap in the face of all the good guys in that locker room."

I guess Boomer needs to answer to his CBS bosses soon with regards to the mexican dog comment. Now here is where I take exception...Sanchez is NOT a dog. This is completely not fair to Sanchez. The kid is a third year QB...with a F'ed up OC....with a HC that has absolutely no clue if one of his captains is even on the field.

And WTF has Boomer won...ZIPPO....in fact he looked scared a few times back in the day...what's funny as well is Boomer is from Long Island and played for the Jets, but doesnt have the balls to admit he is a Jets fan on the Radio....Go F yourself boomer!

I guess Boomer needs to answer to his CBS bosses soon with regards to the mexican dog comment. Now here is where I take exception...Sanchez is NOT a dog. This is completely not fair to Sanchez. The kid is a third year QB...with a F'ed up OC....with a HC that has absolutely no clue if one of his captains is even on the field.

And WTF has Boomer won...ZIPPO....in fact he looked scared a few times back in the day...what's funny as well is Boomer is from Long Island and played for the Jets, but doesnt have the balls to admit he is a Jets fan on the Radio....Go F yourself boomer!

Sanchez is not going anywhere. Fine. I would like to watch him with a new OC. If I have to watch him with this guy for another year I will retch. But if they bring in a new guy and Sanchez is still tossing INTs, I really dont want to hear someone saying: "Well, he IS learning a new system." I think year 4 is a fair time to say fish or cut bait.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

LOL Boomer rules. Spot on too.

If they bring in a OC who actually has a clue, he will not be forcing a "system", but making game plans to maximize the talent he has to work with.

If there's one thing I kill the OC for its how married he is to his system/how much he forces it down throats. His whole ground and pound offensive philosophy and the way he forced Favre to learn his precious system...Yuch.

I'm also a firm believer in Sanchez getting a new coach next year, but it that fails then they both should be gone.

Boomer, and then Carton right after him. If they're going to drag Imus through the streets for "nappy headed ho's," the least they could do is clear Boomer's garbage show off the airwaves immediately.

You cannot be serious.

Boomer and the rest of the media dont realize they dig their own graves when they pile on The Jets and the Players/FO. They have no idea that we are probably one of the largest and quickest growing fan bases in the nfl. WE are going to rally around the team and Rex and 2012 is going to be great. Book it....bitches.

As for Boomer....shouldnt have left so much time on the clock.

Boomer, and then Carton right after him. If they're going to drag Imus through the streets for "nappy headed ho's," the least they could do is clear Boomer's garbage show off the airwaves immediately.

Wow we are actually on the same page. I hate that show...

They need to sit Esiason down clockwork Orange style and make him watch every ridiculous, buffoonery snap that albino freak eer took as a jet. He isnt isnt mentioned as one of the best JET QBs eer. That's pretty embarrassing for a guy who likes to think of himself as a success. If Sanchez is a chuauaua then he was a ******* circus monkey. FOH

Um, if Shotty is still around, 2012 will be the same if not worse. Put away the pom poms and be logical.

Yes, really. we are going to suck and that's that. No way Schotty will go deep into the playoffs.......err. Losing is a disease, my friend. Jet27, Take your ******* pom poms out. **** 3-13 Esiason. Schottenheimer will be a head coach next year because GMs around the league dont read Jets forums, they look at results. Lucky for us, no more excuses. Of course, then we will realize that he may not have been the whole problem as much as Tanny shopping at the scratch and dent, shining up broken sh*t and flip-flopping around like a genius, then running up to the press box to watch his merchandise fall apart.

Sanchez is not going anywhere. Fine. I would like to watch him with a new OC. If I have to watch him with this guy for another year I will retch. But if they bring in a new guy and Sanchez is still tossing INTs, I really dont want to hear someone saying: "Well, he IS learning a new system." I think year 4 is a fair time to say fish or cut bait.

Agreed

They need to sit Esiason down clockwork Orange style and make him watch every ridiculous, buffoonery snap that albino freak eer took as a jet. He isnt isnt mentioned as one of the best JET QBs eer. That's pretty embarrassing for a guy who likes to think of himself as a success. If Sanchez is a chuauaua then he was a ******* circus monkey. FOH

Exactly, what gets me is Boomer was the one in the beginning of the year saying "Sanchez is in his third year...come on guys"...I guess so much for standing by your thoughts and jumping on a freakin band wagon. I still believe we must stick with Sanchez, but we need a new OC. The only time I would change my mind is if we had an opportunity to obtain Manning...and that's risky business.

Archived