New franchise QB...via Revis?

KINGDIRK

The Packers went 15-1 this year with no defense whatsoever. I'm just looking at the trends of the NFL bro. And those trends don't include a "defense wins championships" philosophy anymore.

True at the moment but if the Niners do some damage in the play-offs that could change. Any trade of Revis would have to be for a 100% sure thing. Don't see where we would ever get that comfort level.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(If there is anything up there besides a normal sized pic of Homer my bad. I should stick to talking football since my browser doesnt cooperate)

but anyway, yeah, the Jets were 11th in the league in scoring last year.

(12th this year)

So, when you are giving a decent answer to my first question, also tell me why YARDS are more important than POINTS in real football, not fantasy.

SO youre saying we were INCAPABLE of winning ONE more game last two seasons??? Do you realize how retarded it is to say that #6 can not get us to a SB? Look at the last two final fours:

Brees, Rodgers, Cutler, Sanchez

Favre, P Manning, Favre, Sanchez

Ben Roethlisderper.

The Packers went 15-1 this year with no defense whatsoever. I'm just looking at the trends of the NFL bro. And those trends don't include a "defense wins championships" philosophy anymore.

Again, Rodgers > Sanchez or any other unproven college player. Not an even comparison of whether Revis is worth trading for, bro.

Difference is, Brees is a proven winner. Some kid in the draft is not.

Again, Rodgers > Sanchez or any other unproven college player. Not an even comparison of whether Revis is worth trading for, bro.

Even if a rookie is unproven, you don't pass on an opportunity to get a talented young QB. If that was the case no one would ever take a QB with the # 1 pick. I say its worth the risk. You don't see us winning championships with Revis, and we never will with Sanchez at QB.

We may have to let go of Revis pretty soon anyways. He's going to want yet another big money deal in a year or 2. Might as well deal him while his value is at its highest.

Even if a rookie is unproven, you don't pass on an opportunity to get a talented young QB. If that was the case no one would ever take a QB with the # 1 pick. I say its worth the risk. You don't see us winning championships with Revis, and we never will with Sanchez at QB.

We may have to let go of Revis pretty soon anyways. He's going to want yet another big money deal in a year or 2. Might as well deal him while his value is at its highest.

I do see us winning championships with Revis.

Sanchez was an overall #6 pick. That gamble was done. To do it again at the expense at our best player would be ridiculous. Set up something for a proven winning QB and then MAYBE.

We won't get rid of Revis cause he wants more money. And I doubt he is going to be making another hold out in a year or two.

SO youre saying we were INCAPABLE of winning ONE more game last two seasons??? Do you realize how retarded it is to say that #6 can not get us to a SB? Look at the last two final fours:

Brees, Rodgers, Cutler, Sanchez

Favre, P Manning, Favre, Sanchez

They don't hand out trophies for that...wah, wah

Just kidding man, you are spot on.

Seems that way, sure. But if trading him meant we got, say, Drew Brees, you do it in a heartbeat. No question about it.

Does Brees offense come with him. Fact is now I believe Peyton Manning will be released before his bonus is paid, and as much as I dislike Peyton's playoff record, I am not opposed to getting him as a free agent. I do not support trading your best player

Does Brees offense come with him. Fact is now I believe Peyton Manning will be released before his bonus is paid, and as much as I dislike Peyton's playoff record, I am not opposed to getting him as a free agent. I do not support trading your best player

So you'd turn down trading Revis for Brees, the single-season record holder for passing yards? Wow.

Archived