Update on Coaching Rumors

flgreen

I could have run that route and been that open. He was behind the safeties before he even broke. They both creeped up at least 5 yards before that ball was passed. They were creeping pre-snap and Tebow sold the play fake perfectly. This had nothing to do with route design, or route running. It was blown coverage. Tebow placed the ball perfectly (something Sanchez cant do) and Thomas was gone.

And you and Mark Sanchez could have made that throw as well.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more so basing this off of the comments that came from Kris Jenkins who's still got very strong ties to our locker room. The fact that he didnt have the balls to do what McElroy did was just a piece of it but mostly because I'm on the fence whether I think you should keep that in house or not...personally, I liked it in this circumstance because it needed to be said and I'm hoping it shows Sanchez what kind of a pussy he is.

The Holmes thing is secondary. A true leader keeps him at bay. Seems like Mark doesnt have the ball to confront him.

Again, so nobody on the Steelers were leaders either? Safe to assume because they traded him.

There is no basis for this argument because you don't know.

And we somehow almost never have that. I can count on one hand the amount of wide open wide receivers we have. Whether that's on them not running hard routes or Schotty sucking at designing plays I don't know. And yes Sanchez missed mcknight wide open but that's one of only ones I can think of.

SO you go to gamees and watch the receivers rather then the ball then?

Tebow made some nice throws like the one to Eddie Royal for the TD, but to say Pitt always had a defender on them? Denver had guys wide open last night.

WHich of his big throws were to a wide open guy?

This is the reality of sports..."what have you done for me lately?" And Sanchez hasn't done much so people forget that he DOES actually have the ability to make throws. Go watch highlights of 2010 season to refresh memory, plenty of deep throws to Edwards.

lol @ trying to use that excuse... Sanchez, or Tebow, has NEVER been a good qb for an extended period of time. They both stink

SO you go to gamees and watch the receivers rather then the ball then?

Have you ever seen us throw as easy a pass as some of the throws the broncos were getting last night? Honestly?

And don't say Sanchez misses them all because that's just bullsh*t. Our play design is ******* terrible and it has been for 6 years. Once in a while Schotty would call an ok game but 95%I of the time he sucks.

Have you ever seen us throw as easy a pass as some of the throws the broncos were getting last night? Honestly?

And don't say Sanchez misses them all because that's just bullsh*t. Our play design is ******* terrible and it has been for 6 years. Once in a while Schotty would call an ok game but 95%I of the time he sucks.

go back and watch both Cinn games in 2009... same type of sell out on run defense, EASIER throws

And you and Mark Sanchez could have made that throw as well.

No. Mark has shown time and time again he cant make that throw. 9 out of 10 times he puts that on the back shoulder and the reciever has to make an adjustment and cant run after the catch. He does it all the time.

Yes. I could make that throw. JiF >>> Sanchez

Again, so nobody on the Steelers were leaders either? Safe to assume because they traded him.

There is no basis for this argument because you don't know.

Huh? They won the SB with him. This example does not apply.

here's one example

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8159cfba/Keller-45-yard-TD

WHich of his big throws were to a wide open guy?

Hey listen I dont want to take anything away from Tebow he played a great game.

But the big throws where I think the receiver was wide open were:

The Game Winner to Thomas

The second long throw to Thomas

The throw off the rollout to Daniel Fells down the middle

No. Mark has shown time and time again he cant make that throw. 9 out of 10 times he puts that on the back shoulder and the reciever has to make an adjustment and cant run after the catch. He does it all the time.

Yes. I could make that throw. JiF >>> Sanchez

Huh? They won the SB with him. This example does not apply.

So just so I make sure that I have this right, in your opinion has Mark Sanchez ever made a single good throw in the NFL

Hey listen I dont want to take anything away from Tebow he played a great game.

But the big throws where I think the receiver was wide open were:

The Game Winner to Thomas

The second long throw to Thomas

The throw off the rollout to Daniel Fells down the middle

The guy falling down obviously isn't related to play design... and are you saying that on the other two the Jets never have guys that "wide" open? really?? I can probably provide 100' of plays of video evidence to the contrary..

Plus, there isn't a doubt in my mind that Sanchez would back shouldered the game winner causing no YAC and that he'd have missed the long one

edit: hahahah read that wrong, still don't remember the play though

The guy falling down obviously isn't related to play design... and are you saying that on the other two the Jets never have guys that "wide" open? really?? I can probably provide 100' of plays of video evidence to the contrary..

Plus, there isn't a doubt in my mind that Sanchez would back shouldered the game winner causing no YAC and that he'd have missed the long one

Did Sanchez back shoulder the throw to Keller in the video you posted and cause no YAC therfore missing the long one.

The Tebow throw to Fells off the rollout reminded me of this play

yes, just watched the replay. Similiar play made possible by defense selling out on run.. I don't believe the oterh two had a receiver wide open like that though

Did Sanchez back shoulder the throw to Keller in the video you posted and cause no YAC therfore missing the long one.

Actually, kinda yes. Keller had to slow up and caught it behind his head. If he wasn't wide open, he'd have been tackled

yes, just watched the replay. Similiar play made possible by defense selling out on run.. I don't believe the oterh two had a receiver wide open like that though

Thomas is in one on one coverage on the game winner with the defender behind him and has seperation. That is wide open.

Thomas is in one on one coverage on the game winner with the defender behind him and has seperation. That is wide open.

Again, if that's you definition of wide open then I can't imagine how you'd think the Jets never have receivers that open. Wide opens was the Keller pass I provided and the one you mentioned in the Denver game taht I forgot

So you are also in the Sanchez has never made a single good throw in the NFl club?

No, don't be ridiculous. I'm in the club that say Sanchez very rarely has proper ball placement like Brees, Brady and other elite QB's... As of this time yesterday, I was also in the club that said Tebow stood almost no chance of doing what he did yesterday, but I never use terms like never ;)

I think you let Sanche or tebow throw that route 10 times in a game situation and they'd both hit it properly once.

So just so I make sure that I have this right, in your opinion has Mark Sanchez ever made a single good throw in the NFL

No, he's made some very nice throws at this level. Just not very many and far from consistently. The one thing he rarely does is lead his WR. And he definitely doesnt know how to throw someone open.

No, he's made some very nice throws at this level. Just not very many and far from consistently. The one thing he rarely does is lead his WR. And he definitely doesnt know how to throw someone open.

I think he has made some great throws and does at times lead his receivers and is able to throw them open.

I think the key word in your post is "consistently", which is what he needs to work on. The guy has shown flashes.

Archived