So who else here is rooting on the Giants for another Superbowl run?

JonEJet

and to the scoreboard on dec 24th

man, some jets fans are jealous as hell.

I'm not jealous. I am quite content to see the Giants doing well. I was just making a crack about Bradshaw's stupid quote from the other thread...

There are rumblings that many Jets fans feel it's okay to root for the Giants this playoff run.

What the hell is this world coming to? Jets fans just don't root for the Giants unless very special circumstances arise.

I rooted for the Gnats once...and that was against the Pats in the Superbowl. To this day I still feel dirty, like I soiled my integrity.

Fu$k the Gnats and their pompous AARP fans, I hope they burn in hell.

Translation: "When I get big, I'm gonna punch my older brother SO HARD!"

My participation in watching the playoffs is rooting for whoever is playing the Pats. The rest of the games I'll usually pick a team by making up some weird reason...I like the coach, the poor fan base w/out a championship, but usually for the underdog etc. However, I'll be rooting for the Packers this weekend but only b/c they'd have a better chance beating the Pats per chance. So say, Denver beats the Pats...then I don't care anymore and I'll just root for all the underdogs. So consequently, go Giants, possibly.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, will I EVER root for the Giants to win. They ruined everything for the Jets with that Shiitehole they wanted built. I`ve hated the Giants fans for a very long time. All a bunch of Soprano wannabe douchebags who think their shiite don`t smell. Screw them, their new stadium and anyone who cheers for them.

I don't see whats so unbeatable about Green Bay with their ugly D...or the Saints for that matter...

I don't recall saying Green Bay or New Orleans were unbeatable, just that the Giants are the most beatable. Based on their records, I don't think it was a stretch to make that statement.

My participation in watching the playoffs is rooting for whoever is playing the Pats. The rest of the games I'll usually pick a team by making up some weird reason...I like the coach, the poor fan base w/out a championship, but usually for the underdog etc. However, I'll be rooting for the Packers this weekend but only b/c they'd have a better chance beating the Pats per chance. So say, Denver beats the Pats...then I don't care anymore and I'll just root for all the underdogs. So consequently, go Giants, possibly.

See, I'd prefer to see Rodgers out gun Brady in the SB.. just cause it fits in with what I've been saying for a few years now about Rodgers >> Brady

The Giants do their taking on the field first. I respect that.

Go Blue!

Like JPP saying today they're going to beat the Packers? I must have missed that game earlier.

It figures because you follow a team that only talks sh*t and acts classless after just about every win. Typical arrogant, pompous, hypocritical Pats' fan.

Like JPP saying today they're going to beat the Packers? I must have missed that game earlier.

It figures because you follow a team that only talks sh*t and acts classless after just about every win. Typical arrogant, pompous, hypocritical Pats' fan.

Hilarious coming from a Jets fan.

I'm curious, what makes one a fan of either the Jets or Giants? Does it depend on where you live in NY or is it who your Dad or family rooted for when you were a kid?

I think the Packers are going to give the Giants a smackdown this weekend so it doesnt really matter if you root for the Giants or not.

**** the Giants. My old man was a huge Giants fan when he was a kid. Loved Fran Tarkenton. Resented them so much when they traded him that he jumped on the new fledgling NY team. Then raised his kid accordingly. The Giants are the reason why I've been forced to live with this godforsaken franchise for decades now.

I'm curious, what makes one a fan of either the Jets or Giants? Does it depend on where you live in NY or is it who your Dad or family rooted for when you were a kid?

I think the Packers are going to give the Giants a smackdown this weekend so it doesnt really matter if you root for the Giants or not.

It goes back to who you or your dad rooted for during baseball season....historically, a Yankee fan was a Giants fan (grew up in the bronx/manhattan from lower to mid-town), outside of the Bronx-Manhattan you were a Mets fan (but that goes back further with the baseball Giants/Dodgers) and if you were a mets fan = Jets fan.

So to answer your question yes, drawn to who your dad/mom rooted for = geographically connected to the team. This is for the most part, there are expections (like me).

Archived