Larkin in the Hall.

PFSIKH

I do not know- Larkin was good but did he put up such great numbers to deserve HOF?

For a pre-Roid era SS, his offensive #s were good, but he had a modest amount of GGs when it is hard not to win it multiple times once you win it once.

That is why I asked. He seemed like a pretty good player, but great and Hall worthy? IDK.

If Barry Larkin is a HOFer, how is Bernie Williams not a HOFer?

Neither should be, IMO. Hall of Fame or Hall of Very Good?

I think what you are going to see when all is said and done with the Dynasty Yankees the only HOF'ers they will get will be Jeter and Rivera. Posada will be on cusp. Pettitte should go but probably won't.

I think what you are going to see when all is said and done with the Dynasty Yankees the only HOF'ers they will get will be Jeter and Rivera. Posada will be on cusp. Pettitte should go but probably won't.

I agree but then they need to take Kirby Puckett out. He got in for being a winner dammit. Bernie and the others were winners.

Or put Jeter in before he retires and acknowledge that he has the Mad Dog Russo loosey goosey factor that propels his teams over the top.

Barry Larkin is absolutely deserving of the HOF.

Yes, he only had 3 GGs but he was unfortunate in that he played in the NL after Ozzie had "established" himself as some sort of defensive wizard. As someone said, once you win one it's hard to not keep winning them. Barry was a better defender (better arm, better range) than Ozzie but didn't do backflips. Don't forget his 9 Silver Sluggers, an MVP, a 30/30 season, and a World Series title.

Larkin helped usher in the era of the offensive shortstop. Bill James lists him as one of the 10 most complete players in baseball history. Only 3 HOF SS since WWII have more WAR than Larkin (Banks, Yount, Ripken).

Larkin will be the 23rd SS inducted in the Hall of Fame and will be one of the top 5 or 6 of the 23.

I agree but then they need to take Kirby Puckett out. He got in for being a winner dammit. Bernie and the others were winners.

Or put Jeter in before he retires and acknowledge that he has the Mad Dog Russo loosey goosey factor that propels his teams over the top.

I have to disagree Max.

In 12 seasons, he was a very good hitter (.318 hitter w/5x200+ hit seasons). 6 Gold Glovess and 6 Silver Slugger awards to go along with being a consistent MVP candidate.

The only knock on him is his eyes giving out and limiting him to 12 seasons.

Archived