Derrick Mason Says Jets Locker room was a Cluster F*_-K

Jetman_67

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825db556/article/retiring-wr-mason-says-dysfunctional-jets-were-a-mess?module=HP11_headline_stack

Retiring WR Mason says dysfunctional Jets 'were a mess'

New York signed the 37-year-old wideout in August, believing he'd be a solid complement to Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress. But Mason struggled to produce and quickly was unloaded to the Texans after reports surfaced of griping about offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's play-calling.

Mason wants it made clear that he never had issues with the Jets' coaching staff.

"I never complained to Rex Ryan or Mike Tannenbaum, and I hope that one day it come out who actually did it, but I doubt it," Mason said in a report published Monday by Scout.com. "I never went to Rex or Mike to complain about Brian's play-calling.

"I went to Brian and told him I'm sorry about all this stuff that's going on, but I'm not a part of it. We had a great conversation, Brian and I. We can talk as men. I respect Coach Schottenheimer as a coach. Whenever I've had a problem, I go to the individual and we talk as men."

Mason believes the Jets' continued dysfunction after he was traded is evidence that he was used as a scapegoat.

"They were a mess," Mason said. "It was a cluster you-know-what.

Game-rewind_inside.jpg

Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features.
Get NFL Game Rewind

"You don't see stuff like this, it's not the norm. Before I left, you could see it materializing. Things heated up. If I was the problem, it would have stopped. If I was the guy complaining, it would have stopped. I wasn't the cancer in the locker room."

Cancer or not, Mason's days populating NFL locker rooms have come to an end, at least as a player. Masontold Scout.com he's retiring after 15 seasons in the league.

Mason finishes his career with 943 receptions for 12,061 yards and 66 touchdowns, not bad for a fourth-round draft pick out of Michigan State.

yeah yeah, we get it. Jets dysfunctional. Can't wait for next season. Mason and all the haters can go root for the Giants. Doesn't phase me.

If Things don't get shaken up, we can look forward to more of the same. It tells us that Rex has no control over his team. As much as I hate to admit it, Rex needs to take a very close look at how Belechick runs his team.

I think this is simply the result of us trying to gather as many "punks" as we could an trying to gel them together similar to how the raiders took the trouble makers of the world in the past and made it work. It didn't work for us and Rex, albeit a good motivator, can not give inches to guys like we have on our roster. They take the mile. Mason means nothing to me, but we saw just how bad it was on the field in Miami. That never gets into a live huddle if it was'nt cancerous in the locker room

I think a full offseason and having gone through this will serve the Jets well. Some serious reevaluating should be taking place

If Things don't get shaken up, we can look forward to more of the same. It tells us that Rex has no control over his team. As much as I hate to admit it, Rex needs to take a very close look at how Belechick runs his team.

You are right on with the comment....I want Rex to succeed. As a Jets fan I have every right to [point out things that are incorrect. Rex needs to learn from this year and "adjust" some things....its up to him. But the same holds true for Tanny and Sanchez.....

yeah yeah, we get it. Jets dysfunctional. Can't wait for next season. Mason and all the haters can go root for the Giants. Doesn't phase me.

Didnt sound like hate at all. Sounds like he's simply stating the obvious, unless the obvious to people is that Sanchez is the problem with this offense.

That would be hate imo.

Didnt sound like hate at all. Sounds like he's simply stating the obvious, unless the obvious to people is that Sanchez is the problem with this offense.

That would be hate imo.

Winning cures all ills. Not gonna win with the way Sanchez played this year. Locker room falls apart. Jet fans are left nothing except to root against the Pats. You make the call.

Maybe we can get that Mangini guy in here. I heard he has the Belichick thing down pat

Winning cures all ills. Not gonna win with the way Sanchez played this year. Locker room falls apart. Jet fans are left nothing except to root against the Pats. You make the call.

In the light of all ills change is the remedy. Schotty has been around for as long as this offense has been illprepared.

Thats my call. Unless you're offering me a sandwich, then we can negotiate.

Happy new year bro.

In the light of all ills change is the remedy. Schotty has been around for as long as this offense has been illprepared.

Thats my call. Unless you're offering me a sandwich, then we can negotiate.

Happy new year bro.

Hey Villian remember is preseason what I said about Holmes, Plaxico and Mason ? Man should I necro some threads and some posts.

Maybe we can get that Mangini guy in here. I heard he has the Belichick thing down pat

I meant my statement in a business model sense. Not saying be exactly like him, but he has a proven business model. Belechick has a bunch of no names who become names by following Belechicks lead. Rex needs to be the leader.

Archived