Shotty's Gone

JonEJet

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SCHOTTENHEIMER INFORMS JETS

HE WILL NOT RETURN FOR 2012 SEASON

January 10, 2012 – Brian Schottenheimer informed the New York Jets today that he will not return for the 2012 season. Schottenheimer served as the team’s offensive coordinator from 2006-11, helping the team earn three postseason appearances during his tenure.

“After much thought and consideration, I have decided not to return to the New York Jets in 2012,” said Schottenheimer. “I am very proud of what we have accomplished in the six years I have been here. I am grateful for the relationships that I have with our players and coaches and appreciate the hard work and dedication that went into our success. My family and I would like to thank Rex Ryan and the entire Jets organization and wish them continued success. I look forward to the exciting opportunities that lie ahead.”

Under Schottenheimer’s direction, quarterback Mark Sanchez recorded four postseason victories as a starting quarterback, the most in team history, and became the fifth quarterback in the Super Bowl era to win 30 career games in his first three NFL seasons, including the postseason. In 2009, the Jets led the NFL and established a team record with 172.3 rushing yards per game. In 2006, quarterback Chad Pennington earned NFL Comeback Player of the Year while wide receivers Jerricho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles combined for the most catches by a wide receiver tandem in franchise history.

“Brian and I talked and I understand his decision to look for a fresh start,” said Head Coach Rex Ryan. “I’d like to thank him for all of his contributions these past three seasons. He’s been right there with me, shoulder to shoulder, and played a key role in our success, helping us to reach two AFC Championship games. As I’ve said before, coaching is in his bloodlines, he has a tremendous work ethic and I consider myself fortunate to have worked with him. He has acquired a lot of experience at a young age and has a bright future in front of him. I know that he will be a successful head coach one day - probably sooner than later.”

That sucks. I'd say I wonder what he's got in the works, but not really. OTOH, I do wish him well because I think he's a really good coach.

So how real does that whole Sporano/Haley thing become?

Who knows. The real question is how real does Sanchez become!

Cool. Now what?

According to cimini via twitter it's Sparano as OC. This absolutely baffles me let's hire a guy who never ran a offensive passing game in his life, this will seal Sanchez inevitable fail, those dolphins offenses only took 10 games and 2 QB's to get going, oh did I mention it was after he was fired when that happened, I would rather have Schotty. DEAD FUKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the Mike Tannenbaum Jets, man. You KNOW they've totally got a coherent backup plan.

Either way, its Sanchez time. Schotty has been holding him back. Its time to fly.

Nah, on the realz, I'm hoping that we get a former HC who's an offensive guy. If Rex is going to outsource it, I want someone who can control.

That sucks. I'd say I wonder what he's got in the works, but not really. OTOH, I do wish him well because I think he's a really good coach.

So how real does that whole Sporano/Haley thing become? I wonder what their franchise changing system will be.

Sparano by himself right now, disgraceful.

According to cimini via twitter it's Sparano as OC. This absolutely baffles me let's hire a guy who never ran a offensive passing game in his life, this will seal Sanchez inevitable fail, those dolphins offenses only took 10 games and 2 QB's to get going, oh did I mention it was after he was fired when that happened, I would rather have Schotty. DEAD FUKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either way, its Sanchez time. Schotty has been holding him back. Its time to fly.

Nah, on the realz, I'm hoping that we get a former HC who's an offensive guy. If Rex is going to outsource it, I want someone who can control.

Sparano is going to ruin Sanchez the same way he ruined Henne, and when that happens, Tannenbaum is next up on the block.

Maybe we plan to go exclusive with the wildcat. Trade Sanchez, draft RGIII. Championship!

Archived