Shotty's Gone

JonEJet

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess not well, since I was only asking a question. Take Sanchez out of the equation, who would you rather have?

Just because Schotty went to UF does NOT make him worth a sh*t!! Newsflash - He was a problem. Granted, not the only problem, but quit defending his sh*tty schemes that kept the Jets ranked in the mid-20s for offense through 3 different quarterbacks - including Brett Favre, who blew up the NFL the following year!

Just because Schotty went to UF does NOT make him worth a sh*t!! Newsflash - He was a problem. Granted, not the only problem, but quit defending his sh*tty schemes that kept the Jets ranked in the mid-20s for offense through 3 different quarterbacks - including Brett Favre, who blew up the NFL the following year!

Ha! Its got nothing to do with UF. Haley went to UF too. Dont want him either. I agree he was a problem and I'm happy to see him go but that happiness turned to confusion when Sparano was hired.

Its like going with the lesser of two evils, I'd think I'd rather stick with the one I know.

To me its a complete give up on him. Maybe thats in the best interest of the team, but I have to admit I would have liked to have seen the Jets at least have given him one chance to sink or swim. Every bust gets one. Mark got the rug pulled out every time they tried and they lost a game. Didnt matter if it was his fault or not. The blame almost always went on his passing. Qbs either get better by sitting and watching or being thrown to the wolves. The Jets did some tightrope walk where he didnt sit but was never really thrown to the wolves either. Its going to be 4 years of handing the ball off.

Don't think unknown Jet organization members dumping on Sanchez in the media is a coincidence. Play time is over. Either Sanchez is going to grow up and be an NFL QB who can runa competent passing attack without turning the abll over more than almsot anyone in the NFL, or he is going to be benched for a real pro who can, or have his salary cut or cut altogether.

RichCiminiRich Cimini

Just as I suspected. Schottenheimer will meet with Alabama re: offensive coordinator position, according to Bama beat writer @IzzyGould.

You have to wonder how much he regrets turning down those interviews with the Bills and Dolphins now. The Jags may have been his last shot, his NFL coaching career may very well be over. The fact that he's not even getting interviews for assistant coaching positions in the NFL speaks volumes.

You have to wonder how much he regrets turning down those interviews with the Bills and Dolphins now. The Jags may have been his last shot, his NFL coaching career may very well be over. The fact that he's not even getting interviews for assistant coaching positions in the NFL speaks volumes.

Someone posted on another site a scathing review by an NFL scout (taken from Pro Football Focus) saying that Schitty was the worst OC in the NFL for making adjustments and listed some instances.

It's telling that Schitty lost out to a retread HC with a 14-18 record and team got shutout in the playoffs.

The one thing in Schitty's favor is that he's only 38 yrs old. He can spend 5 yrs in the college ranks and still be considered young if he returns to the NFL

Someone posted on another site a scathing review by an NFL scout (taken from Pro Football Focus) saying that Schitty was the worst OC in the NFL for making adjustments and listed some instances.

It's telling that Schitty lost out to a retread HC with a 14-18 record and team got shutout in the playoffs.

The one thing in Schitty's favor is that he's only 38 yrs old. He can spend 5 yrs in the college ranks and still be considered young if he returns to the NFL

There's a chance he still could be back, but leaving for the college ranks isn't going to help his cause. The whole college coaches in the NFL thing seems to have less interest by the season, especially considering what a disaster some of the most recent attempts at that there have been. It's certainly not impossible, but these days it takes a lot of years of extreme success in the college ranks to even be considered for an NFL job again.

Hackett, Heimerdinger, Schottenmiemer.... Now it's Sparano's turn to be run out of town in three years.

What an idiotic statement. You're seriously trying to make some sort of grand statement about the Jets going through three assistants in 11 years (one of whom only lasted one year solely because of a head-coaching change). This is the NFL, assistants never last that long. And btw, Schotty was here for SIX years, how long exactly should they have kept him around? Of course, why would I expect you to have any clue what you're talking about.

RichCiminiRich Cimini

Schotty has told friends he will consider college jobs. #Jets

He better get ready to consider Home Depot. All the genius's here (one in particular) that were certain this dolt was one of the hottest tickets around for an HC job are currently dining on a much deserved dungburger. It's far from amazing that no one cares how many hours he puts in. Let him go where he can at least make time and a half for his OT. F___ him ... and the horse he is now riding out on ..

Archived