Tony Sparano in as OC

BroadwayJ667

RichCiminiRich Cimini

Soon-to-be-announced OC T. Sparano expected to meet today w/ holdovers from offensive staff, I'm told. Keep an eye on Cavanaugh (QBs). #Jets

Rex really does not control things. That he has to have his new coordinator evaluate staff and make recommendations, is telling. No backbone.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like this move. As much as the Fish have underachieved, lets put the blame where it belongs. On he clown car organization that the Dolphins are. The ownership and management are awful.

Look at Sparano. The players never quit on him and played hard even when all was lost this season. His o-line was always pretty good, Matt Moore looked like a pro QB, Reggie Bush proved he could be a feature back. Most of all his players respected and played hard for him. as much of a malcontent as Brandon Marshall could be, he never stepped out of line down there and still seemed to put in the work.

I like this move

You're in pure denial. Let it be known that the Dolphins failures the past three years fall DIRECTLY on the shoulders of Tony Sparano.

This is classic. Not only do we get rid of that turd, but he sticks with our rival. YES! Sometimes life is just joyous.

You're in pure denial. Let it be known that the Dolphins failures the past three years fall DIRECTLY on the shoulders of Tony Sparano.

This is classic. Not only do we get rid of that turd, but he sticks with our rival. YES! Sometimes life is just joyous.

Isn't it a bit early for you to be trolling. I didn't know the sun shone at this time at the rock you live under

I would let this play out a bit first and let's see what they do.

Here is what is good about the move. They have another head coach guy that can help restore some order to the locker room. They got rid of Schotty and can bring Holmes back now, which they have to for cap reasons anyhow.

Give them some time to sort through the exact plan for the passing game. Sparano is going to be a run-first coach which is what Rex wants...

Yeah Sparano waddling around the practice field yelling, "BUCKLE THEM CHINSTRAPS PRIMADONNAS! He'll love Santonio for sure.

The only thing TS will help the JEts do is get Fatty on a diet plan to final shed a couple of bills.

I just want to say, I like this hire. There.

I would love this hire if he was OL coach/assistant HC, I just don't want him CALLING our plays, someone else should call them, I'm fine with him revamping our running game, and enforcing discipline just not calling the plays.

Since when does someone's abilities as a head coach have any bearing whatsoever on their abilities as a coordinator? I don't know, call me crazy, but the last time the Jets hired a coach the Dolphins fired it worked out pretty well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well I think the first priority in FA needs to be RT, but I would be happy with a few skill position players (particularly WR) as well. Forte just worries me because these days, big money contracts for RBs never seem to pan out. RBs hardly even make it to 30 in one piece anymore and he's coming off on an injury. The way the league is these days, there's not a ton to justify spending a lot of money on the position. If anything, I would say address a lot of the other positions of need and then look at RB early in the draft.

I agree, RT was at the top of my list in the "fix the team" thread. Totally agree.

I'm just pipe-dreaming here... :)

Like when you guys signed Pennington. Amiright?

Since when does someone's abilities as a head coach have any bearing whatsoever on their abilities as a coordinator? I don't know, call me crazy, but the last time the Jets hired a coach the Dolphins fired it worked out pretty well. We'll just have to wait and see.

He likes to forget that Sparano called the 13-3 Cowboys offense, which was 2nd in the league. Mostly because the Star Humping organization he roots for did what they do best. Mess it up

Huh?

BB played Football in High School and College.

This signing reeks of, let's get someone who has had success against the Pats D, only thing Sparano has done in 4 years in Miami was he had SOME success against the Pats. If this is the thinking we are so fuked with this regime. Everyone has had success against the Pats D outside of the Jets (except one playoff game).

Yeah Sparano waddling around the practice field yelling, "BUCKLE THEM CHINSTRAPS PRIMADONNAS! He'll love Santonio for sure.

The only thing TS will help the JEts do is get Fatty on a diet plan to final shed a couple of bills.

LOL this is to be expected and I graciously except the harassment. I know all the downfalls, all the negatives. I still like the hire and think he's a good coach. Better fit for Rex and better period than Shotty.

Rex really does not control things. That he has to have his new coordinator evaluate staff and make recommendations, is telling. No backbone.

Wha?

I think its relatively commonplace to let a new coordinator interview the holdovers for consideration of retainment before firing them... its kinda the ethical thing to do.

Wha?

I think its relatively commonplace to let a new coordinator interview the holdovers for consideration of retainment before firing them... its kinda the ethical thing to do.

It is. So is interviewing candidates to fill your O-Coordinator spot, instead of just handing it to a coach who was unsuccessful offensively the last 3 years. Even if Sparano is your top candidate maybe someone else wows you, you never know.

I just don't get it, if Rex wants to ground and pound (which he does and always will) why did he try and get a QB at pick #5 that you had to trade up to get, if your philosophy is to ground and pound, you don't need a franchis QB for that just a competent one, we could have addressed other needs and maybe won a SB already if we stayed put at 17 that year and brought in a Jason Cambell type, that draft pick and his philosophy don't add up, this might show Rex is not suited to be a HC in this league.

I'm talking about playing Football. I honestly dont think Haley's ever played a down in his life outside of maybe pop-warner. He didnt play in High School or College.

Does it really matter that Bill Belichick played HS football and for Wesleyan in like, the 70's? Haley grew up around the game and was watching film when he was just a kid. Besides who knows why he didn't play, could be do to an injury or ailment. He's already proven himself in Arizona as a very bright OC. I don't know what you expected when they got rid of Schittfest. Two ex-head coaches from the old Parcell's brigade is a home run, bottom line.

Like when you guys signed Pennington. Amiright?

Pennington is the only reason that team won 11 games, made the playoffs and kept Sparano around for 4 years. If he stays in New York, the Jets are better than us, we start John freakin Beck that year, win 4 games and Sparano is gone after year two.

Pennington is the only reason that team won 11 games, made the playoffs and kept Sparano around for 4 years. If he stays in New York, the Jets are better than us, we start John freakin Beck that year, win 4 games and Sparano is gone after year two.

Dude I was enjoying your banter until this blow. Wow, of all place to defend Pennington. You could have picked ANY other teams board in the NFL. LOL, good luck with that. I'm still rooting for you though.

are you saying you aren't going to miss the 2nd and 9 end around calls. The 20 yard outs to the left on 3rd and 5. And bounds and bounds of slant passes.

You don't love football if you don't love run plays on third and long.

At least thats what I told myself.

Yeah, but then you wouldn't be in the catbird seat to land the #1 pick in the draft and the greatest quarterback prospect since John Elway; probably even better than Elway.

Does it really matter that Bill Belichick played HS football and for Wesleyan in like, the 70's? Haley grew up around the game and was watching film when he was just a kid. Besides who knows why he didn't play, could be do to an injury or ailment. He's already proven himself in Arizona as a very bright OC. I don't know what you expected when they got rid of Schittfest. Two ex-head coaches from the old Parcell's brigade is a home run, bottom line.

I could have been a very bright OC in Arizona. And yes, I think it matters to play the sport you're coaching at any level.

We'll see. I'm not happy about these moves 1 bit.

Archived