The Tony Sparano Lead Jets Offense

Jet27

Guys, this is a very good move for us. Let me preface what I am going to say, that I believe there will be some more additions in the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball.

Here is why this is a good thing. Sanchez will be in his fourth year. There are no more excuses, he will have to take the next step. This offense will be a run-style offense, ball control offense. With the passing game to compliment the run.

The only way you defeat the pass happy NFL teams is to play solid defense, and you effectively pound the ball on the ground and control the game clock. I believe Sanchez and the odffense will be able to do just that with just a couple of additions, and some new wrinkles.

I think we will see more changes to our team, and only for the better.

Our mission: WIN THE DIVISION IN 2012. Plain and simple. Just remember we do have a good team, we have a top tier defense and we just need a few additional pieces...and an offensive game plan that is solid and allows Sanchez to do the things he is capable of doing, not for him to be Brees or Brady but to be Sanchez, win the division, with the AFCCG, get to the super bowl and WIN IT.

GO JETS.....in 2012

this is a sign of the re-birth of 2009, ground and pound all day, with sanchez working off play action, that is what he is most effective at. sparano is a run first guy, everyone knows that from what he did with the wildcat. ball control type person which is exactly what rex wants from a defensive mentality. I like it for the simple fact that they are adjusting to the offenses strengths. this will lead to less sacks, better decision making and controlling the clock just like in 2009 but with a more experienced sanchez.

in order to get back to the 2009 jets though, we gotta be more aggressive on D. blitz just as much as 2009 where offenses knew that when they were 3rd and 5 or longer, they couldnt convert. we will upgrade with the pass rush in the draft assuming we can get Courtney Upshaw, or maybe Mark Barron as the safety.

this is a sign of the re-birth of 2009, ground and pound all day, with sanchez working off play action, that is what he is most effective at. sparano is a run first guy, everyone knows that from what he did with the wildcat. ball control type person which is exactly what rex wants from a defensive mentality. I like it for the simple fact that they are adjusting to the offenses strengths. this will lead to less sacks, better decision making and controlling the clock just like in 2009 but with a more experienced sanchez.

in order to get back to the 2009 jets though, we gotta be more aggressive on D. blitz just as much as 2009 where offenses knew that when they were 3rd and 5 or longer, they couldnt convert. we will upgrade with the pass rush in the draft assuming we can get Courtney Upshaw, or maybe Mark Barron as the safety.

If we're going to blitz a lot, the safety is more important. If we're hoping to get more pass rush when we bring 4 guys, that's when the OLB is more important.

Well Said and Exactly on point!

If we're going to blitz a lot, the safety is more important. If we're hoping to get more pass rush when we bring 4 guys, that's when the OLB is more important.

Yes and I agree....we need just a few pieces guys and we will be fine.

A lot of people will not be impressed with the hiring because they want a Green Bay Packers or New Orleans Saints type offense, but this is what we need. The Jets are going to be built around their defense and need an offense that supports the defense by winning the field position game and controlling the clock. It is not a sexy notion, but it is how this team will win. Sanchez will be a better QB with the running game providing a threat and the play action actually meaning something.

A lot of people will not be impressed with the hiring because they want a Green Bay Packers or New Orleans Saints type offense, but this is what we need. The Jets are going to be built around their defense and need an offense that supports the defense by winning the field position game and controlling the clock. It is not a sexy notion, but it is how this team will win. Sanchez will be a better QB with the running game providing a threat and the play action actually meaning something.

This is exactly right. That's why Sparano is here. This is the type of offense Rex wants for his team. To compliment his defense. Well said man. The Sanchez will be a better QB part is yet to be seen but once I put down my enchanted fork I will try and cross my chubby bloated digits.

This is exactly right. That's why Sparano is here. This is the type of offense Rex wants for his team. To compliment his defense. Well said man. The Sanchez will be a better QB part is yet to be seen but once I put down my enchanted fork I will try and cross my chubby bloated digits.

G&P will not lead to a SB, this philosphy can get u to 10-6 and into playoffs, SB's are won with elite Qb's, the passin rules have now made it that way. No more Dilfering is allowed.. SF has the #1 def, we shall C how far they go with a game manager at QB.

G&P will not lead to a SB, this philosphy can get u to 10-6 and into playoffs, SB's are won with elite Qb's, the passin rules have now made it that way. No more Dilfering is allowed.. SF has the #1 def, we shall C how far they go with a game manager at QB.

Im with you their man and congrats on the championship, nice to see you here.

I think ground and pound to set up play action and controling the clock is fine. But your 101% right that when the chips are down in the post season you need a guy that can take control and win the game HIMSELF. No doubt and it's not Sanchez.

I

This.

I've said it before on here, the Jets will never be a prolific, pass-happy offense as long as Rex Ryan is the head coach. Rex wants a ball control offense. Once you realize that, you realize that Sparano is exactly the type of OC Rex wants.

Rex can finally build the team ENTIRELY how he wants. Expect the O-Line and RB positions to be thoroughly addressed this offseason.

Im with you their man and congrats on the championship, nice to see you here.

I think ground and pound to set up play action and controling the clock is fine. But your 101% right that when the chips are down in the post season you need a guy that can take control and win the game HIMSELF. No doubt and it's not Sanchez.

I

thanks Bama really outplayed LsU in first meeting, but made too many mental mistakes and yea their kicker sucked, people forget they held LSU to under 200 yds of offense

Bama was better team, Saban deserves $6M per year, Mike Shula had ruined program. I hope Schott goes to Bama as their new OC.

If Rexey goes 60 40 run to pass, going to be a long year with sanchez at helm. freakin top 5 pick who is no more accurate than a Blind man in a ho house

thanks Bama really outplayed LsU in first meeting, but made too many mental mistakes and yea their kicker sucked, people forget they held LSU to under 200 yds of offense

Bama was better team, Saban deserves $6M per year, Mike Shula had ruined program. I hope Schott goes to Bama as their new OC.

If Rexey goes 60 40 run to pass, going to be a long year with sanchez at helm. freakin top 5 pick who is no more accurate than a Blind man in a ho house

No other typing required. THIS^^^^^^^^

Guys, this is a very good move for us. Let me preface what I am going to say, that I believe there will be some more additions in the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball.

Here is why this is a good thing. Sanchez will be in his fourth year. There are no more excuses, he will have to take the next step. This offense will be a run-style offense, ball control offense. With the passing game to compliment the run.

The only way you defeat the pass happy NFL teams is to play solid defense, and you effectively pound the ball on the ground and control the game clock. I believe Sanchez and the odffense will be able to do just that with just a couple of additions, and some new wrinkles.

Our mission: WIN THE DIVISION IN 2012. Plain and simple. Just remember we do have a good team, we have a top tier defense and we just need a few additional pieces...and an offensive game plan that is solid and allows Sanchez to do the things he is capable of doing, not for him to be Brees or Brady but to be Sanchez, win the division, with the AFCCG, get to the super bowl and WIN IT.

GO JETS.....in 2012

so we've drafted a guy at 5 and paid him 50M to be a game manager? And that's positive?

If we go back to 09 style and get the run game going, it doesn't change the fact that we've way overpaid at QB

GO JETS.....in 2012

If this is the plan and the thinking, that's fine, I have no problem with that. The problem I have is you are conceeding that Sanchez sucks, and you have no faith in him being a franchise QB, I'm also fine with that, what I won't be fine with is wasting 15 million on your salary cap on a QB that does not fit your philosophy, (that being limiting TO's by being conservative) just go dump Samchez's salary and get the best Trent Dilfer clone for the cheapest price, and use Sanchez's money elsewhere. Also this concede should be am immediate dismissal of anyone who was involved in moving up to draft Sanchez, cause you clearly wasted the organizations money, time, and draft picks.

I also want to state I disagree with this philosophy the Jets should bring in a coach who is willing to create a offense tailoring to Sanchez's strengths and see what the kid can do when he us put in a system designed to give him the best CHANCE to succeed that would be the smart move by a GM who traded up to draft him, and forced the owner to shell out all that cash, Tanny is just conceding here he and Rex were dead wrong on that move, and the only thing keeping there jobs is those 2 AFC championship appearances.

I WAS in the please please keep Rex. But if he needs 2 other HC's on his staff cause he is clueless on that side of the ball, and clearly is not willing to learn and gain control of that side of the ball then maybe he shouldn't be a HC in this league.

I never thought I would type that because of my love for Rex's defense, but maybe he just is a GREAT defensive coordinator and nothing else.

so we've drafted a guy at 5 and paid him 50M to be a game manager? And that's positive?

If we go back to 09 style and get the run game going, it doesn't change the fact that we've way overpaid at QB

EXACTLY. Cut the ****er save 10M to the cap and get back-up/vet/David Garrard type for 3M to manage the game. And then use that extra 7M in FA.

*Pass offense with Schottenheimer (and Hunter) = sacks

*'Ground n pound' with Sparano (and Hunter) = stuffed for a loss.

If coaching is the only change, the Jets have simply adjusted their suck.

Our OL is like a leaky roof. Sanchez and the coaches are the wet furniture. Does a smart person buy new furniture every couple years .....or fix the f***ing roof?

Edit: To carry the analogy further.. Alan Faneca is the shingles you gave up for a nice TV that you placed under the hole where the shingles were.

I know and your right, but what is the alternative?

If this is the plan and the thinking, that's fine, I have no problem with that. The problem I have is you are conceeding that Sanchez sucks, and you have no faith in him being a franchise QB, I'm also fine with that, what I won't be fine with is wasting 15 million on your salary cap on a QB that does not fit your philosophy, (that being limiting TO's by being conservative) just go dump Samchez's salary and get the best Trent Dilfer clone for the cheapest price, and use Sanchez's money elsewhere. Also this concede should be am immediate dismissal of anyone who was involved in moving up to draft Sanchez, cause you clearly wasted the organizations money, time, and draft picks.

I also want to state I disagree with this philosophy the Jets should bring in a coach who is willing to create a offense tailoring to Sanchez's strengths and see what the kid can do when he us put in a system designed to give him the best CHANCE to succeed that would be the smart move by a GM who traded up to draft him, and forced the owner to shell out all that cash, Tanny is just conceding here he and Rex were dead wrong on that move, and the only thing keeping there jobs is those 2 AFC championship appearances.

I WAS in the please please keep Rex. But if he needs 2 other HC's on his staff cause he is clueless on that side of the ball, and clearly is not willing to learn and gain control of that side of the ball then maybe he shouldn't be a HC in this league.

I never thought I would type that because of my love for Rex's defense, but maybe he just is a GREAT defensive coordinator and nothing else.

Actually I am not saying that Sanchez sucks, what I am saying is the organization placed Sanchez in a no win situation because the kid was just not ready to become a mini brady. If we give him another year or two maybe we will see those signs......Of course all bets are off if Manning is in the picture for us.

Actually I am not saying that Sanchez sucks, what I am saying is the organization placed Sanchez in a no win situation because the kid was just not ready to become a mini brady. If we give him another year or two maybe we will see those signs......Of course all bets are off if Manning is in the picture for us.

Why would Manning want to come to a team with this offensive philosophy? Hiring Sparano closes that door that was only slightly open to begin with, sure Tom Moore could be the passing architect along with Manning, but Sparano would call the plays, and Manning knows that would equal suck, and couldn't be something he is interested in, not to mention I dont think he would want to step on Eli's toes and compete with him in NY stealing back pages from him, and stealing his spotlight.

Why would Manning want to come to a team with this offensive philosophy? Hiring Sparano closes that door that was only slightly open to begin with, sure Tom Moore could be the passing architect along with Manning, but Sparano would call the plays, and Manning knows that would equal suck, and couldn't be something he is interested in, not to mention I dont think he would want to step on Eli's toes and compete with him in NY stealing back pages from him, and stealing his spotlight.

If Haley is here as well which I think will happen.......the only question is when will the Jets FO pull the trigger on a winning QB.....yet to be named. Be it Manning or Brees or someone else.

I never thought you said Sanchez sucks, and I don't think it's a forgone conclusion he sucks, I still had hope, what I'm saying is we will never find out if he doesn't suck in this type of offense, he is not that type of QB. And I also never said I wouldn't be happy unless we got a coach from the #1 ranked offense (you referenced this in another post) I don't think there is a chance in hell Mark could run the Packers offense successfully, I just want someone who will design a Offense around Marks Strengths, to see if he can be successful, it's to late you already drafted him, you might as well give him the best chance to succed and Sparano is not it, he already ruined 1 QB Mark is next, some might think he already is ruined but I don't think so.

Also if I have to watch Henne compete with Sanchez, I quit, the dolphins north no thanks.

I never thought you said Sanchez sucks, and I don't think it's a forgone conclusion he sucks, I still had hope, what I'm saying is we will never find out if he doesn't suck in this type of offense, he is not that type of QB. And I also never said I wouldn't be happy unless we got a coach from the #1 ranked offense (you referenced this in another post) I don't think there is a chance in hell Mark could run the Packers offense successfully, I just want someone who will design a Offense around Marks Strengths, to see if he can be successful, it's to late you already drafted him, you might as well give him the best chance to succed and Sparano is not it, he already ruined 1 QB Mark is next, some might think he already is ruined but I don't think so.

Also if I have to watch Henne compete with Sanchez, I quit, the dolphins north no thanks.

a little blurb on the 2006 Cowboys - the only time Sparano ran an offense - he was the play caller in '06

The 2006 Dallas Cowboys season began with the team trying to improve on their 9–7 record in 2005. The base offense was changed to a 2-TE formation. Several high profile free agents were signed including controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens and kicker Mike Vanderjagt. Veteran defensive end Greg Ellis was also converted into a linebacker.

Although veteran Drew Bledsoe was the initial starter at quarterback, fourth-year backup Tony Romo replaced Bledsoe at half-time of their week 6 matchup with the N.Y. Giants. Romo became the starter in week 7 due to Bledsoe's rough starts with frequent sacks and interceptions. Romo initially played very well, going 5–1 in his first six NFL starts, including a win over the previously unbeaten Indianapolis Colts, but finished the season 1–3 with six TDs, six interceptions and two fumbles lost. The Cowboys secured a playoff berth for the first time since 2003, but did not win the division when in the final week they were defeated by the then 2–13 Lions, and wound up losing their first week in the playoffs to the Seattle Seahawks, a game in which Romo botched the hold on a go-ahead field goal inside the final two minutes.

If Haley is here as well which I think will happen.......the only question is when will the Jets FO pull the trigger on a winning QB.....yet to be named. Be it Manning or Brees or someone else.

What world do u live in that u think Brees is ever leaving NO?

Archived