I swear to God I hate Jets Fans!!

flipxneo0

Did Mark Sanchez have HOF WR's and TE's his first year ?? The situation was so bad here his first year we had to make a trade after game 4 to bring in Braylon Edwards DID MANNING HAVE THAT SITUATION WHEN HE WON THE SB OR WAS HE SURROUNDED BY PLAYERS HE HAD BEEN WITH FOR 6 7 AND 8 YEARS ? Your nuts man, this is a team sport not a QB sport.

YET, Indy gets healthier everywhere, but loses it's QB and falls from hosting playoff games to picking first in the draft. HOW CAN THAT BEE!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are changing equations now.

I agree, the defense is large part of the team being where it was, and that is how Rex Ryan constructs the team.

I don't think we we will ever see a RR team that does not subsist off the defense

I just want to say, excellent use of subsist. To my knowledge that is the first time that word has been used on JN. I applaid your post and working subsist in there. Great job.

Wildcat, weakest schedule in NFL history, Favre injury, Brady Injury..

Next.

And remember that 2007 he undermined and pouted about Clemens, he publicly implied the rest of the team stunk after the TN game, He had his dad bash the entire team before the TN game. The first time he caught criticism in 2004 he lectured the media on what an honor and privilege they had to even be able to watch him play... Guy was a filthy pos who told you what a nice guy he was, and you believed it, just like you'd buy a lemon from a used car salesman if he told you how nice it was

Ahh I see he had other people do his bidding LOL . Fact is that offense was poorly run by Shotty who tried to make Pennington something he was NOT we all knew as fans Pennington did not have a big arm he was a 10 yard out man not a 15 or 20 yard Out . yet Shotty wanted to attack downfield and he got his wish with the big armed Clemens yet it still didnt work. Pennington is a pure West Coast QB and its no wonder we did well in Hacketts offense because Hackett ran the purest form of the WCO . Same factor when Hackett tried to make Vinny run the WCO offense and it failed and thats how Penny got his shot. You cant make a QB into something hes not. Funny the Fans knew what Penny was but the jets did not. What the Jets needed to succeed with penny at QB was pass catching threats at RB and Big posession type WR;s in a true WC system that helps weak armed QB;'s get the ball to their playmakers.

Joe Montana was drafted in the thrid round ...Know why ?? Because he had a weak arm. But he cam to the pros and Bill Walsh surrounded him with absilute talent at every single position some the greatest to ever play the game. Smart Man. Im NOT trying to compare just making a point to show how REAL teams and real coaches make sh*t happen

Joe Montana was drafted in the thrid round ...Know why ?? Because he had a weak arm. But he cam to the pros and Bill Walsh surrounded him with absilute talent at every single position some the greatest to ever play the game. Smart Man. Im NOT trying to compare just making a point to show how REAL teams and real coaches make sh*t happen

Joe Montana had real accuracy, he hit people in stride allowing Jerry Rice and Taylor to be off to the races. Pennington always made people slow up and wait for the ball, greatly minimizing YAC opportunities... Plus Montana's arm strength was a ton better, and he wasn't a little yellow bastard and actually let go and threw the ball rather then trying to place it.

YET, Indy gets healthier everywhere, but loses it's QB and falls from hosting playoff games to picking first in the draft. HOW CAN THAT BEE!!

You me and my grandmother who died 20 years ago knew what was going to happen to the colts when they brougt in a guy off the couch 2 weeks before the season started and the other alternative was Curtis Painter. I am not nor never will dispute the fact that Peyton Manning ran that offense but to expect others to just step in and work with guys for the fiirst time to be effective is ignorant and once again not understanding the game of football. That whole team had the wind knocked out of them when Peyton was lost and that contributed as well Chan and you know it. Their OC was gone so they had basicly a first year OC who had no idea WTF was going on and a CBA shortend offseason to figure all this mess out. Did you ever play football ? Do you know how much goes into preperation ? Do you know how fast it can all come tumbling down is people are not on the same page ?

Joe Montana had real accuracy, he hit people in stride allowing Jerry Rice and Taylor to be off to the races. Pennington always made people slow up and wait for the ball, greatly minimizing YAC opportunities... Plus Montana's arm strength was a ton better, and he wasn't a little yellow bastard and actually let go and threw the ball rather then trying to place it.

Ahh Pennington made people slow up LOL he hit his receivers in stride just like any other accurate QB We did not have a sliver of the talent the niners had not even in the same zip code.

Oh and Chan just for the record I think Greg McElroy can be a damn good QB as well but not on this team. Hes in that same Montana Pennington type mold Smart, medocre Arm, very accurate and a winner I would love to see him get a shot some day maybe he will get lucky and get traded away from this dysfunctional organization that nearly got him killed last preseason

Ahh Pennington made people slow up LOL he hit his receivers in stride just like any other accurate QB We did not have a sliver of the talent the niners had not even in the same zip code.

Nope, certainly almost never did that. He's terrible, and if you're just going to lie I don't see any point in continuing. You and pennington can enjoy his two CPOY for all eternity, cause that's the closest he came to winning anything truly noteworthy

How the hell did this thread become about Chadwick? Let's be honest, that guy is awful.

Just awful.

Because, one poster in chest thumping prowess tells us he was right all along in that process, so in a world that relies on orderliness, he is right on every subsequent football discussion.

Logical, right?

Nope, certainly almost never did that. He's terrible, and if you're just going to lie I don't see any point in continuing. You and pennington can enjoy his two CPOY for all eternity, cause that's the closest he came to winning anything truly noteworthy

Just like you refuse to acknowledge the fact the Jets have not had any real skill players on this team for years

Because, one poster in chest thumping prowess tells us he was right all along in that process, so in a world that relies on orderliness, he is right on every subsequent football discussion.

Logical, right?

Well that all depends, first tell me if the person who brought it up was Pro-Chad or Anti-Chad, and then I'll tell you if I agree with their point. :-P

Logical, right?

The point was made in this or another thread that it's a repeat of the same argument by largely the same people, so there's the connection. Not that you would notice, as you are too busy keeping score and worrying about feeling inferior...

The point was made in this or another thread that it's a repeat of the same argument by largely the same people, so there's the connection. Not that you would notice, as you are too busy keeping score and worrying about feeling inferior...

How can one feel inferior? You constantly tell us the pecking order and who resides on top of that.

How can one feel inferior? You constantly tell us the pecking order and who resides on top of that.

Nope, certainly don't do that. I'm sorry that you don't feel as smart as some posters, but maybe find others ways to express it.

and before you go find a post where I called someone dumb, take a look as smash's post at the top of this page.. that goes both ways

Yep, I hear you. I'm probably the biggest Quinn advocate on this board. I've mentioned his name numerous times.

Ditto -- I have wanted Quinn to come in and get a legitimate shot at competing for the starting job. Unfortunately, they are unlikely subject Sanchez's fragile ego to real competition for fear that he'll go into pouty-mode. Still, Quinn would be a great 1A to bring in when Sanchez again proves he cannot hit the broad side of a barn.

Ditto -- I have wanted Quinn to come in and get a legitimate shot at competing for the starting job. Unfortunately, they are unlikely subject Sanchez's fragile ego to real competition for fear that he'll go into pouty-mode. Still, Quinn would be a great 1A to bring in when Sanchez again proves he cannot hit the broad side of a barn.

The bolded is just another in the long list of reasons why it was good kicking Schitty's a$$ to the curb. Do you really think Sparano and (possibly) Haley could give a flying **** about Sanchez's feelings? They don't know him from a hole in the wall, so what do they care. Not to mention, by now both Tanny and Rex must realize that they need another option in case Sanchez sh*ts the bed again, if they don't want it to cost them their jobs. This team will get another QB in the door who at the very least is good insurance, if not someone who will actually push him and compete in camp.

QB play is very important no doubt but not to the extent some here believe it is. There are plenty of ways a team can effect a QB's play and we were getting that first hand with this offense the last 3 seasons.

90 % of the posters here think Shotty was a mess

We all know the O-Line was a mess ..... Sanchez took way to many BIG hits and thats inexcusable it also has a big effect on pocket presence no matter how great a QB is its happened to them all.

and personally I think we lack severely at the skill positions in both speed and brains.

We also have a detached head coach who needs to change his ways as well.

You add all this up and still see that Sanchez made some major strides in both TD's and red zone effciency and I think thats a positive note. Also if the kid was hurt the last six games of the season due to a neck Stinger that we all saw happen, then he deserves more from the fans rather than saying he sucks. Sucks is a strong word and should be used for guys like Jamarcus Russel Not Mark Sanchez.

could you please stop making sense on this board???this is not a place for common sense.we all know sanchez sucks and it has nothing to do with both tackles playing like a jv.nothing to do with lazy wide receivers that cant seperate or cant catch for that matter.nothing to do with tight ends who try to catch balls with their face mask.nothing to do with a non-existant running game for most of the season.and definetely nothing to do with an oc who calls 5 wide shot gun on every 3rd and 2.take some of these posters advice and get on board.mike t needs to axe sanchez and head directly to the "elite qb store" and pick up a brady or brees clone asap.they are cheap.and remember stats are where its at.if you dont have elite stats you suck in this 26 and under, fantasy football world that is most of this board

Crush stop with this silly arguement. We dont need pro bowlers at every position but one or two would be nice at a skill position who can put fear into a defense . When you look at the talent on some of the top offenses you cant compare it to what Sanchez has to work with. There is a reason teams like the Saints, Packers, Pats, Giants, Lions, put up points its because they are ALL loaded down with skill players you go ahead and look at those teams and how they surround their QB's with talent and then tell me why the Jets cant do the same ??????? No.... here at the Jets, we just assume we can fill our roster with SH!T and our QB will make them all great. Its freaking laughable.

I agree 100%, the Jets need to get much much better at the offensive skill positions.

That being said of the teams you listed that are loaded with those skill position players, name 1 player that is on those teams who was signed via FA to a BIG contract away from another team? You can't, everyone of those teams either drafted those players, undrafted FA, or acquired for a draft pick while under contract for a cheap salary, or acquired via FA, to a reasonable salary (and to be honest Sproles is the only one I can think of that signed via FA that was coveted as a big player). Every other player was either scooped up off the scrap heap, or drafted, and developed by the coaching staff.

So what does that tell us? Our front office, and Coaching staff need to get better, AND have an open mind on their philosophy's. Our philosophy for ground and pound is great when it works, but you need a plan B for the games, or seasons (AKA this year) things don't go as planned whether that be it's not working u had am injury, or you need to play catchup football.

This team needs to put a much bigger emphasis on these positions, and draft accordingly.

It's crazy to think the Giants, and Packers have drafted, or signed UDFA every skill position player that contributes, Giants Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Eli. Packers Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Driver, Finley, Cobb, Kuhn, Starks, Rodgers, and yes I will even include Matt Flynn.

The Jets need to get considerably better in scouting and drafting these positions ASAP, or get a staff in here who can, I'm sick of scanning the FA market every year for guys I would like the Jets to sign at WR, RB, and TE, we need to draft and develop these positions continuously in this salary cap driven league to keep your team relevant for more than a year or two, it's just the way it works.

I agree 100%, the Jets need to get much much better at the offensive skill positions.

That being said of the teams you listed that are loaded with those skill position players, name 1 player that is on those teams who was signed via FA to a BIG contract away from another team? You can't, everyone of those teams either drafted those players, undrafted FA, or acquired for a draft pick while under contract for a cheap salary, or acquired via FA, to a reasonable salary (and to be honest Sproles is the only one I can think of that signed via FA that was coveted as a big player). Every other player was either scooped up off the scrap heap, or drafted, and developed by the coaching staff.

So what does that tell us? Our front office, and Coaching staff need to get better, AND have an open mind on their philosophy's. Our philosophy for ground and pound is great when it works, but you need a plan B for the games, or seasons (AKA this year) things don't go as planned whether that be it's not working u had am injury, or you need to play catchup football.

This team needs to put a much bigger emphasis on these positions, and draft accordingly.

It's crazy to think the Giants, and Packers have drafted, or signed UDFA every skill position player that contributes, Giants Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Eli. Packers Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Driver, Finley, Cobb, Kuhn, Starks, Rodgers, and yes I will even include Matt Flynn.

The Jets need to get considerably better in scouting and drafting these positions ASAP, or get a staff in here who can, I'm sick of scanning the FA market every year for guys I would like the Jets to sign at WR, RB, and TE, we need to draft and develop these positions continuously in this salary cap driven league to keep your team relevant for more than a year or two, it's just the way it works.

I agree with you as well I have been screaming for years for the Jets to draft some skill players in the first and second round yet we dont. Even when we drafted Sanchez I expected a WR weather it meant getting a young proven one via trade or Free agency or at the very least trying to get one in year 2 and it never happened signing a 35 and 38 year old and giving a complete moron like Santonio 45 million was just about as bad as it could get not to mention the complete ignorance of the O-Line. Its a joke IMO

Then buy his Fathead and put it on your wall.

Then let's go out and get someone who can at least compete with Mark. Mark sucks in training camp too so if we bring anyone who is even decent I have no doubt what the result would be.

Back for a few more rants today Crush

This logic from some anonymous players, media, and some posters that we need to bring in a QB to push Sanchez is ludicrous, if u want to sign one for just in case he gets hurt fine.

But to bring in a guy to compete with a 4th year top 5 draft pick supposed franchise QB that gets paid franchise QB money, is ludicrous. This needed to be done year 1 not year 4, at year 4 you either decide he is your guy, or build an offensive system tailored to his strengths if you believe he can be that guy. If you don't believe he is that guy and want to get him comp then it's time to move on and just replace him.

The Jets need to sh*t or get off the pot, either realize you made a mistake, or if you think he is still salvageable then build an offense around HIM, if your not willing to do that because it doesn't jive with your ground and pound offense fine, move on Mark is being paid big money, he is not a game manager in skill set or paycheck.

If you believe (coaching staff) Mark needs to be pushed that means he is not your guy stop delaying the process and move on.

Name 1 elite QB who needs a backup to be pushed? They don't, and that means if you think that (coaching staff, front office, not me, you, a player, or the media) he needs to be pushed then he is not your guy.

And if they decide he is not there guy before this season, then they made a couple of huge mistakes.

1. Not having someone hear to push him realistically year 1.

2. (obviously my opinion) you never tried to tailor the offense to what Mark does best, Schotty's system did not do this, nor does ground and pound, game manager.

3. If your not willing to try #2, you completely failed in drafting him in the first place, and someone should be held accountable for it.

Loser mentality cause we want a new QB? Have you seen his stats? You clearly don't follow the game. You got the most of us confused with the minority of toy pretend fans.

God, I hate fans that want to see their team win.

Worst kind of fan in the world. Where's lancemehl anyway. He the only one who gets to determine whether you are a real fan or not.

I agree with you as well I have been screaming for years for the Jets to draft some skill players in the first and second round yet we dont. Even when we drafted Sanchez I expected a WR weather it meant getting a young proven one via trade or Free agency or at the very least trying to get one in year 2 and it never happened signing a 35 and 38 year old and giving a complete moron like Santonio 45 million was just about as bad as it could get not to mention the complete ignorance of the O-Line. Its a joke IMO

Yup and I blame both Tanny, and Rex, Rex for his blind ground and pound philosophy, and Tanny for not being a GM and blindly doing what the coach wants and not what might be in the best intrest of the team. It goes back to my point that the ground and pound philosophy can't be the only plan you can't succeed this way, yet we sign an O-coordinator who takes it to the same extreme as Rex, we need someone who can take that philosophy and expand the passing game off of that, and get some offensive skill players to maximize both.

Archived