Jets expected to simplify playbook for Sanchez

dolphann4life

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good god...what was this site like when we actually had a bad team? Bunch of babies on this site lately. I guess its not just the Jets organization that goes down in flames after an 8-8 season, its the fan sites too.

Sad part is it is not everyone but definitely the most vocal.

Good god...what was this site like when we actually had a bad team? Bunch of babies on this site lately. I guess its not just the Jets organization that goes down in flames after an 8-8 season, its the fan sites too.

Sad part is it is not everyone but definitely the most vocal.

Man Up Sissies! The feminization of the American Male, By sh4dy15

I think the idea is to bring in a couple of real non-Mulligans to play TE and pound the rock. And of course to replace whatsisname at RT. The protection improves, Mark probably has to find 2 receivers total in a pattern or dump it. My problem is how are they going to get all those drawings of new plays on his wristband? Of course, ground and pound helps a QB like Mark. It did in post seasons 1 and 2. But there are good teams out there who will stop your run, particularly when something is on the line (like in the playoffs: dare I mention it?). We still need some diversification in our passing game. And he will have to handle it.

Pretty much the same. The Jets have sucked since the first moon landing. The idea that a couple playoff runs without trophies "made up" for decades of woeful play is laughable.

The over reaction is what is laughable. 8-8 and a complete ******* melt down on all levels.

Have fun being miserable, I like this team, I like this coach, and this QB deserves another chance.

The over reaction is what is laughable. 8-8 and a complete ******* melt down on all levels.

Have fun being miserable, I like this team, I like this coach, and this QB deserves another chance.

I'm actually not miserable. I'm happy knowing that Sanchez's time is soon to come to a swift end. New regimes mean new QB's.

You're right. Me being more positive will suddenly make Mark Sanchez a competent NFL quarterback.

You're right, it wont but it would just be nice for once in our lives, us NY'ers stood behind our players and didn't throw them under the bus at the first sign of trouble.

I used to love reading this site. You guys always talked good football and were fun to read and some of you still are. It just sucks that one 8-8 season after two AFCCG appearances turns everyone into whining pessimistic little kids.

your right it is sad. Sanchez will be fine I think a new coaching staff on offense will give him a new perspective and Im sure they reviewed a lot of tape on the jets so they will come in with fresh ideas.

your right it is sad. Sanchez will be fine I think a new coaching staff on offense will give him a new perspective and Im sure they reviewed a lot of tape on the jets so they will come in with fresh ideas.

It is sad. Its like the Jets locker room on this site. He needed a fresh start with people who can develop him and help him learn. Every analyst agrees except all the bitter ex-Jets who love to have their name in the paper. (Damien Woody, Kris Jenkins)

You're right, it wont but it would just be nice for once in our lives, us NY'ers stood behind our players and didn't throw them under the bus at the first sign of trouble.

the first sign of trouble w/sanchez was probably his draft day, fwiw

Hopefully they bring in Todd Haley and he can work with Sanchez this off season and get him going back in the right direction.

Rarely has a bad QB been "fixed" by a new coordinator. Sure, Jay Cutler looked pretty good for a while under Mike Martz, but he still couldn't take that next level. If "pretty good" is all we want out of Sanchez, then sure, maybe Haley can do that. But that's not good enough to win a title.

Rarely has a bad QB been "fixed" by a new coordinator. Sure, Jay Cutler looked pretty good for a while under Mike Martz, but he still couldn't take that next level. If "pretty good" is all we want out of Sanchez, then sure, maybe Haley can do that. But that's not good enough to win a title.

We're gonna go through this again....

Eli and Brees. Two examples of guys that got better with new OC. Is Sanchez going to be as good as either of them? I highly doubt it but he doesnt have to be to win a title.

We're gonna go through this again....

Eli and Brees. Two examples of guys that got better with new OC. Is Sanchez going to be as good as either of them? I highly doubt it but he doesnt have to be to win a title.

Cool. Both those guys looked way better than Sanchez in their 1st three years. Its cute when people try to bring up numbers and ignore the eye test even though the game has changed even since those 2 started their careers.

Cool. Both those guys looked way better than Sanchez in their 1st three years. Its cute when people try to bring up numbers and ignore the eye test even though the game has changed even since those 2 started their careers.

Way better? Eli was almost thrown out of NY just like Sanchez is being handled by fans right now. Not only that but both also had more than 1 year of college experience as well. No patience at all.

I think it is but you either need the top rushing attack and/or top defense or both. The positives here is that the Jets have the making of both and are really just a few players away...that said however, makes zero sense to give Holmes 50M last year. Anyway if that want to go that route then draft DeCastro, sign Bell and Mario Williams and then hope Vontaze Burfict can fall to you in the second....then hope you can strike gold with a blocking TE who can catch and stretch the field a bit in the 3rd. Then you maybe sign a mid-level underachieving safety like maybe a Brandon Merriweather or Reggie Nelson and hope they can resurrect their career. Oh yeah and then resign Leonhard for another year or two and hope he can stay healthy. What else am I forgetting oh make McKnight take steroids.

Rarely is the key word there. It doesn't never happen.

I'll add the caveat that I don't expect a miracle when it comes to Sanchez. I'm not even sure he'll be the QB come next season. However I do think another approach to this offense would help him. An offense based around a strong running game and a vertical passing game would be best suited for him. He has a big play arm, but it was never utilized.

Way better? Eli was almost thrown out of NY just like Sanchez is being handled by fans right now. Not only that but both also had more than 1 year of college experience as well. No patience at all.

Eli was almost thrown out of town because of all the turnovers, not for lack of ability. Sanchez is being thrown out of town for both. Just how many years do we wait on him?

Eli was almost thrown out of town because of all the turnovers, not for lack of ability. Sanchez is being thrown out of town for both. Just how many years do we wait on him?

I don't know but has to be more than 3 years, especially since one of which he had no training camp.

I don't know but has to be more than 3 years, especially since one of which he had no training camp.

Did Brees have a training camp? How about Rodgers? Brady?

I'd prefer to make a move now when there are some capable QB's on the market. Let Todd Haley handpick his future QB. Sanchez can start the year as the starter but he has to earn the job and then be kept on a short leash.

Archived