Manish Mehta: doing his job, or troublemaker?

nj meadowlands

Hey guys -- I know a lot of this is all in good fun but let's watch the racist jokes. You put a little bit out there and eventually someone is going to take it too far and smack it over the fence.

Well at that point we'll just call in the experts.

Back on track -- I have no problem with him running a negative piece, I actually commend him for that. I honestly didn't think he had it in him because he generally seems super sensitive to criticism. But the part about Sanchez no longer following the main stream media guys...using that as a point in this article? That made it seem more like bitter girlfriend to me.

Manish definitely earned his credentials on this one. He's done a great job. I hope he doesn't get assassinated by Woody Johnson.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a long time poster at The Jets Stream we found him to be an absentee landlord. He is more or a twitter journalist if such thing exists. Sometimes he didnt update the blog for days at a time, even when a story came through. Kevin Armstrong actually does a lot of the JEts writing and I found him more consistant

As a long time poster at The Jets Stream we found him to be an absentee landlord. He is more or a twitter journalist if such thing exists. Sometimes he didnt update the blog for days at a time, even when a story came through. Kevin Armstrong actually does a lot of the JEts writing and I found him more consistant

The writers don't get the best guidance imo from their papers. The strategy they use just baffles me. Some of these beat reporters have large followings on their blogs and 4,000 twitter followers. Yet they seem to devote all their time to twitter. I can understand breaking stuff on twitter but I don't think they have thought it all through.

To be honest, Sanchez has gotten hammered. And also it was not his entire fault. I think it's just so out of hand right now.

I have said it for a while now, Sanchez is in his third year. We are getting a new OC, so lets see what happens this year.

And of course all bets are off if we have the opportunity to sign a big name QB.....

The writers don't get the best guidance imo from their papers. The strategy they use just baffles me. Some of these beat reporters have large followings on their blogs and 4,000 twitter followers. Yet they seem to devote all their time to twitter. I can understand breaking stuff on twitter but I don't think they have thought it all through.

I agree, how can you call yourself a journalist if you dont write more than 140 characters on something! As a professional I would feel rather lazy. Even professional writers need to write and sharpen their craft daily.

Mehta Manish is the best Jets Beat writer we have had in a long time. Cannizaro and Cimini were toads compared to him. Now, I don't agree with people hiding behind anonymous tags BUT that is not Manish's fault, he is there to gather info and its not up to him to expose who the POS on the team are.

LL

Mehta Manish is the best Jets Beat writer we have had in a long time. Cannizaro and Cimini were toads compared to him. Now, I don't agree with people hiding behind anonymous tags BUT that is not Manish's fault, he is there to gather info and its not up to him to expose who the POS on the team are.

LL

Al-jezera is behind this

Archived