Jason423 made Football Outsiders

CTM

Well deserved for Jason423.

Aten is a funny guy man...soon as I saw his posts...around 5 AM...lmao.

Yeah, it's a shame he had to take on hypocrisy in such an aggressive manner. Anytime I saw he quoted me I was filled with the anxious joy of a child on christmas to find out whether or not he had eviscerated me in some way I wouldn't even understand..

Yeah, it's a shame he had to take on hypocrisy in such an aggressive manner. Anytime I saw he quoted me I was filled with the anxious joy of a child on christmas to find out whether or not he had eviscerated me in some way I wouldn't even understand..

Same here, but luckily those moments were extremely rare. Seriously a kickass poster...if you saw an Aten post you knew it would require multiple readings just to translate it...and you did it anyway. You always got the feeling that the f'n guy actually intimidated the majority of other posters somehow...Sucks that he's banned...one of my favorites even going all the way back to the JI days...Plus IIRC he put me onto the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. You can see his influence in other posters if you've been around long enough too...dude's got imitators.

Edit: I should delete this post because it's too nice. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Aten.

Aten was the leader of the intelligentsia, with Dbatesman as his second, RJF an apprentice and ThumSHane as his groupie..

Its was fun watching TOmGayne follow him around like a puppy dog. Used to be that way for dbatesman too, but now that they've openly expressed their love for each other, its kind of lost its luster.

Its was fun watching TOmGayne follow him around like a puppy dog. Used to be that way for dbatesman too, but now that they've openly expressed their love for each other, its kind of lost its luster.

Is that what it's called when you engage Aten in conversation? Following him like a puppy dog? As opposed to what you dolts did, which was to hide under rocks and pray to God he didn't see you just trying to make the point that "no, really, Sanchez is pretty good...really"?

It was actually really refreshing to have another poster on here whose response to something they disagreed with was more than "You're so dumb and you hate the Jets and uhhh Eli Manning obv and you're dumb and everybody hates you derp derp derp." There's WAY too many of that style of dipsh*t poster around these days and way too few of the poster like Jason, or dbatesman, or Aten who can actually back up their opposition with fact and reason. Sure, Aten was way overboard most times in the way he came after people, but I'll take that every day over these clowns who are belligerent for no other reason than that they can't accept that their positions are flawed and therefore respond like bitches when someone contradicts them.

What amuses me now (and why I bumped the "Mark Sanchez is what he is" thread) is how the same infants who were kicking and screaming four months ago in defense of Sanchez are now the same guys leading the charge in ripping him. So, yeah, long live Aten.

Congrats to Jason "the real deal" 423. Well deseved praise for you!

Regarding Aten, it obvious the guy never read Grice's maxim of manner but he will be missed none the less.

His acerbic wit coupled with some actual football knowledge had 90% of the crowd running for the exits when it came time to defend a position.

BTW, Rumor has it Hayley Barbour is working on Aten's and Jetophiles full and unconditional pardon.

Place cant be the same without either of them

Is that what it's called when you engage Aten in conversation? Following him like a puppy dog? As opposed to what you dolts did, which was to hide under rocks and pray to God he didn't see you just trying to make the point that "no, really, Sanchez is pretty good...really"?

It was actually really refreshing to have another poster on here whose response to something they disagreed with was more than "You're so dumb and you hate the Jets and uhhh Eli Manning obv and you're dumb and everybody hates you derp derp derp." There's WAY too many of that style of dipsh*t poster around these days and way too few of the poster like Jason, or dbatesman, or Aten who can actually back up their opposition with fact and reason. Sure, Aten was way overboard most times in the way he came after people, but I'll take that every day over these clowns who are belligerent for no other reason than that they can't accept that their positions are flawed and therefore respond like bitches when someone contradicts them.

What amuses me now (and why I bumped the "Mark Sanchez is what he is" thread) is how the same infants who were kicking and screaming four months ago in defense of Sanchez are now the same guys leading the charge in ripping him. So, yeah, long live Aten.

I <3 Tom

Blatantly offensive rhetoric: "Lol zomg guys ur too much. People are in such a hurry to get offended lighten up."

Big words: "OH MY GOD WHO IS THIS PERSON TRYING TO TRICK ME WITH WORDS FROM THE DICTIONARY AND TELL ME I DON'T KNOW THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT WHEN IT COMES TO FOOTBALL ON THE INTERNET. I AM OFFENDED TO THE MAX."

If you really think these three posters are any way even slightly similar, you have some serious need to work on your reading comphrension.

Aten will be missed... We still have dbatesman though!

Archived