Schefter suggests Peyton wants no business with the Jets

BroadwayJ667

ESPN's Adam Schefter suggested on a Miami radio show Thursday that it would be a "difficult hurdle" for Colts owner Jim Irsay to overcome if Manning is adamant that the No. 1 overall pick should play right away because it's important to his development. NFL GMs have suggested to LaCanfora that teams such as the Seahawks, Cardinals, or 49ers are "possible destinations" for Manning. CBS' Charley Casserly calls Arizona the "one team to watch" because they can get out of Kevin Kolb's contract and coach Ken Whisenhunt has experience with a Super Bowl-winning QB at the end of his career.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is one of the reasons I am hesitant about Peyton coming to the Jets. While he would undoubtedly be an upgrade to Sanchez, my concern is that his heart would not be in it 100%. In a sense this would be a Favre situation all over again. At the slightest moment things go south, Manning would be selfish and sabotage the season, instead of trying to right the ship. Could it work, of course, but my gut says it wouldn't.

So this is one of the reasons I am hesitant about Peyton coming to the Jets. While he would undoubtedly be an upgrade to Sanchez, my concern is that his heart would not be in it 100%. In a sense this would be a Favre situation all over again. At the slightest moment things go south, Manning would be selfish and sabotage the season, instead of trying to right the ship. Could it work, of course, but my gut says it wouldn't.

u crazy, peyton loves the game

Manning is the anti Favre. He has integrity and cares about football, not hyping himself and sending Swantz photos.

What I dont get is why nobody thinks Baltimore could be a player. Half the time Flacco sounds like he is ready to implode (the latest being that if he threw 60 times like Brady he could probably be elite but the media would complain the first time he had a bad game) and his deal expires next year. It only costs them a little over a million to just release him. That defense isnt getting any younger in the back and the crappy QB play has dogged that franchise for a decade. Plus its teh city where Mannings idol played most of his career. Other than the outside weather deal it seems like a great situation for him.

What I dont get is why nobody thinks Baltimore could be a player. Half the time Flacco sounds like he is ready to implode (the latest being that if he threw 60 times like Brady he could probably be elite but the media would complain the first time he had a bad game) and his deal expires next year. It only costs them a little over a million to just release him. That defense isnt getting any younger in the back and the crappy QB play has dogged that franchise for a decade. Plus its teh city where Mannings idol played most of his career. Other than the outside weather deal it seems like a great situation for him.

Personally, it's because I assume that Flacco, like Matt Ryan, is better than he is because the team around him has been so successful.

I heard Peter King today on the Dan Patrick Show say that the Jets are a possibility because Mikey T and Rex were so convincing.

This is my position all along.. Tanny will do the hard sell and that hick will sign anything

Cause his team keeps making the playoffs so the perception is that he's a franchise QB... He's not

ESPN's Adam Schefter suggested on a Miami radio show Thursday that it would be a "difficult hurdle" for Colts owner Jim Irsay to overcome if Manning is adamant that the No. 1 overall pick should play right away because it's important to his development. NFL GMs have suggested to LaCanfora that teams such as the Seahawks, Cardinals, or 49ers are "possible destinations" for Manning. CBS' Charley Casserly calls Arizona the "one team to watch" because they can get out of Kevin Kolb's contract and coach Ken Whisenhunt has experience with a Super Bowl-winning QB at the end of his career.

Why is there nothing about the Jets in there?

Cause his team keeps making the playoffs so the perception is that he's a franchise QB... He's not

I have to imagine the team agrees too. Just like Mark the second they gave him too much responsibility he imploded and they quickly truned things right back over to Ray Rice and the defense. This has happened like 2 of the last 3 years with him. Ill never understand how all these reporters who get paid to watch football and talk to people around football look at guys like Flacco as a franchise QB. I get the whole idea that the NFL Network and ESPN especially want the viewer to believe that all these players are great unless they just blatantly bomb in prime time but there are only a handful of QBs in the NFL that deserve that treatment. Everyone else is expendable.

I have to imagine the team agrees too. Just like Mark the second they gave him too much responsibility he imploded and they quickly truned things right back over to Ray Rice and the defense. This has happened like 2 of the last 3 years with him. Ill never understand how all these reporters who get paid to watch football and talk to people around football look at guys like Flacco as a franchise QB. I get the whole idea that the NFL Network and ESPN especially want the viewer to believe that all these players are great unless they just blatantly bomb in prime time but there are only a handful of QBs in the NFL that deserve that treatment. Everyone else is expendable.

Plus, Newsome gets the benefit of the doubt.

It all comes down to wins and losses. Flacco's never really had that 20 INT year either..

Eli's very similiar. He's a guy that can play like an elite QB for a few games in row, but he's never really sustained it. This past season was his best year, but he's still no where near the Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady level

sorry I cut off the top portion

After canvassing sources around the league, NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora doesn't believe Peyton Manning will end up with the Jets because "it just doesn't add up to where he wants to be."

So pure speculation?

Manning to the Cowboys.....Romo to Jets, maybe.

Jerry Jones has about had it with Romo. If Manning is available (likely), he will get in the hunt. Money no object for Jones, plus that brand new INDOOR venue....perfect for Stat Boy to run up his numbers.

Will have to move Romo, and NY is Tony's kind of town.

Nothing about Peyton Manning agrees with the Ground and Pound. We don't need to spend big bucks on someone to hand the ball off.

So, considering that Sanchez makes 10M + .. you're advocating we dump him too?

Maybe bring in Henne at 2-3M and use the extra 7M to get us a RT?

Personally, it's because I assume that Flacco, like Matt Ryan, is better than he is because the team around him has been so successful.

Yes but they are also teams that have/are struggling to make the switch from being a run oriented team to a passing team.

This is going to be Flacco's best shot at getting to the Super Bowl this year. With New England's defense being an abortion and the Texans having to go with Yates, I think this is the Ravens best shot.

The question is are the Ravens going to pound teams with Ray Rice or are they going to put the game and the season on Flacco's arm.

Never really thought about Arizona for Manning but that does make alot of sense. Imagine Manning throwing to those receivers. Yikes.

Archived