Schefter suggests Peyton wants no business with the Jets

BroadwayJ667

He sold Favre

Favre is an Idiot Manning is smart and no way hes coming to this crappy offense and embarresses himself . Thats not to say the Jets wont make an effort to fill some holes but I seriously doubt Tanny has the football sense to bring in the right players to fix it. After all look what he did just last year.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favre is an Idiot Manning is smart and no way hes coming to this crappy offense and embarresses himself . Thats not to say the Jets wont make an effort to fill some holes but I seriously doubt Tanny has the football sense to bring in the right players to fix it. After all look what he did just last year.

Manning's the right player to fix it...doh

Manning's the right player to fix it...doh

Chan we can go round and round on this, Manning would make some difference of course but hes not god and if we pay him 25 mil how do you expect we will sign other players to fill the holes (safety) we have and the ones that are looming like at LB ? Oh I forgot Manning makes LB's and Safetys Better :rolleyes:

This team is not built to protect Peyton Manning and even if we change the entire offensive scheme there are going to be some severe growing pains along with those changes. Remember Manning has worked his offense with a lot of the same guys at key positions for years they are on the same page and can probably run that offense in their sleep with Manning at the helm. Now you want Manning to come here and work with guys like Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller and no blocking TE's will we be able to even sign Plaxico or will the Great Manning convince him to stay for free ? Whos going to be his pass receiving RB ? Joe McKnight ? Whos going to make the tough catches over the middle like Dallas Clark ? Keller ???? If Manning comes here he will get blitzed to death and probably killed in the process it will probably end his career.

Will we have to cut players and not replace them just to sign Manning ? so we're 9 mil under the cap lets say we sign Manning and Dump Sanchez that leaves us 19 Mil under is 19 mil enough to pay Peyton ? explain to me how this happens ?

Chan we can go round and round on this, Manning would make some difference of course but hes not god and if we pay him 25 mil how do you expect we will sign other players to fill the holes (safety) we have and the ones that are looming like at LB ? Oh I forgot Manning makes LB's and Safetys Better :rolleyes:

This team is not built to protect Peyton Manning and even if we change the entire offensive scheme there are going to be some severe growing pains along with those changes. Remember Manning has worked his offense with a lot of the same guys at key positions for years they are on the same page and can probably run that offense in their sleep with Manning at the helm. Now you want Manning to come here and work with guys like Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller and no blocking TE's will we be able to even sign Plaxico or will the Great Manning convince him to stay for free ? Whos going to be his pass receiving RB ? Joe McKnight ? Whos going to make the tough catches over the middle like Dallas Clark ? Keller ???? If Manning comes here he will get blitzed to death and probably killed in the process it will probably end his career.

Will we have to cut players and not replace them just to sign Manning ? so we're 9 mil under the cap lets say we sign Manning and Dump Sanchez that leaves us 19 Mil under is 19 mil enough to pay Peyton ? explain to me how this happens ?

Smash Manning leaves the Colts and they barely win any games. He comes to the Jets as they are and we are at least a 12 win team. THAT is how important QB play is in the NFL. His quick release, accuracy and cyborg like progression of reads make him in-valuable to any squad.

The only downside I see is you will have no more reason to come to JN and defend are horrible QB's and I would miss you.

Manish suggests Jets want no business with the Peyton

Ive been waiting for weeks for an explanation on how this is even possible for a team like the Jets with their current cap position and holes to fill. I dont want to hear the, "Manning makes everyone play better" bullsh!t . There is no sensible plan to get him in here and I challenge any Manning supporter to prove me wrong with a sensible plan to make it happen

Of course. They don;t want to do what they did to Cromartie with Nnamdi to Sanchez. He might start crying and smear his mascara.

Cromartie ended up signing without a problem. If Sanchez is really going to complain to the Jets for going after probably the greatest QB who ever played the game, cut his a$$.

Ive been waiting for weeks for an explanation on how this is even possible for a team like the Jets with their current cap position and holes to fill. I dont want to hear the, "Manning makes everyone play better" bullsh!t . There is no sensible plan to get him in here and I challenge any Manning supporter to prove me wrong with a sensible plan to make it happen

Our cap situation isn't too bad. We have a lot of money coming off the books in 2013 and trading/cutting Sanchez (whose deal was front-loaded) after acquiring Peyton would be a no-brainer to preserve some cap space.

If we fix our QB situation we don't need that much. An impact safety and a legitimate starting RT is about it. A great QB fixes pretty much everything else.

Smash Manning leaves the Colts and they barely win any games. He comes to the Jets as they are and we are at least a 12 win team. THAT is how important QB play is in the NFL. His quick release, accuracy and cyborg like progression of reads make him in-valuable to any squad.

The only downside I see is you will have no more reason to come to JN and defend are horrible QB's and I would miss you.

Im surprised at you crusher. I would like to see Mannings happy feet return when he drops back in the Jets pocket and has right around 2 seconds to throw and gets hit on release constantly. The guy has ZERO mobility we have no threats on offense and he would GET KILLED . Plus heres the kicker he does not want to play for this organization and for good reason

Our cap situation isn't too bad. We have a lot of money coming off the books in 2013 and trading/cutting Sanchez (whose deal was front-loaded) after acquiring Peyton would be a no-brainer to preserve some cap space.

If we fix our QB situation we don't need that much. An impact safety and a legitimate starting RT is about it. A great QB fixes pretty much everything else.

But you dont know our cap situation for sure do you ?? If we go as it stands now and dump Sanchez some of his salary still counts towrds the cap so maybe we have 15 or so mil in cap money next year. So we will have to trim off about another 10 lmil just to sign Manning and not replace the players we cut. So then at that point you want to sign an Impact Safety and a Competent RT ?? 80 I dont have the numbers im not a cap guy but how does this work ?

Tanny convinved Favre.

Yeah but Favre was disgruntled in Green Bay and was out to prove something. Manning has no Ill will towards the Colts and has no reason to make a dumb mistake and come to the Jets for what will almost have to be a discount rate or risk leaving too many holes on this team for them to be effective

But you dont know our cap situation for sure do you ?? If we go as it stands now and dump Sanchez some of his salary still counts towrds the cap so maybe we have 15 or so mil in cap money next year. So we will have to trim off about another 10 lmil just to sign Manning and not replace the players we cut. So then at that point you want to sign an Impact Safety and a Competent RT ?? 80 I dont have the numbers im not a cap guy but how does this work ?

Tanny's never had trouble with the cap. Even T0mShane would admit this. He'd figure that part out without much of a problem.

Not to mention, safeties and average RT's are not expensive, especially if we go through the draft.

Tanny's never had trouble with the cap. Even T0mShane would admit this. He'd figure that part out without much of a problem.

Not to mention, safeties and average RT's are not expensive, especially if we go through the draft.

Well yeah he didnt have trouble last year leaving glaring holes on the O-Line and signing a 34 and 38 year old WR all while staying 9 mil under the cap ..... The guy failed in a huge way and I think moves he DID NOT make caused major issues for this team that was supposed to contend for a Superbowl. This guy failed when a GM is supposed to shine

Im surprised at you crusher. I would like to see Mannings happy feet return when he drops back in the Jets pocket and has right around 2 seconds to throw and gets hit on release constantly. The guy has ZERO mobility we have no threats on offense and he would GET KILLED . Plus heres the kicker he does not want to play for this organization and for good reason

Smash your love for inept QB's is showing. Manning is like a chess champion his mind is three steps ahead of the defense and his ability to get rid of the ball quick protects himself. Also the league will make him very hard to hit knowing he is coming off an injury and they like their star QB's in the game. It's a high scoring QB showcase league, the NFL will protect it's best interest. Mobility is for QB's that need to create time with their feet, Manning does it by intelligence and ungodly talent, kinda the opposite of Sanchez. Plus if nothing else our run game will improve tremendously because defenses have to RESPECT Manning. Even with a bad neck he will command repect. Unlike Sanchez who might as well serve tea to the DB's before the play because they are that close to the line of scrimmage.

cue Smash... thats cause our WR's can;t stretch the field. Fine bring in a burner with him.

Well yeah he didnt have trouble last year leaving glaring holes on the O-Line and signing a 34 and 38 year old WR all while staying 9 mil under the cap ..... The guy failed in a huge way and I think moves he DID NOT make caused major issues for this team that was supposed to contend for a Superbowl. This guy failed when a GM is supposed to shine

None of those problems you speak of would matter if Sanchez were any good. If you're going to blame him for anything, blame him for being enamored with Sanchez's personality, trading up to get him with the full blessings of Rex, and ultimately being wrong.

Good QB's don't need the "our WR's and O-line sucks" excuse like Pennington and so many others do. if Sanchez performed like a top-5 pick we aren't having this discussion. In fact, when Sanchez managed to get them the ball, our WR's were more than adequate, and when Sanchez wasn't dancing around back there, the O-line improved dramatically over the course of the season (except for Hunter).

Smash your love for inept QB's is showing. Manning is like a chess champion his mind is three steps ahead of the defense and his ability to get rid of the ball quick protects himself. Also the league will make him very hard to hit knowing he is coming off an injury and they like their star QB's in the game. It's a high scoring QB showcase league, the NFL will protect it's best interest. Mobility is for QB's that need to create time with their feet, Manning does it by intelligence and ungodly talent, kinda the opposite of Sanchez. Plus if nothing else our run game will improve tremendously because defenses have to RESPECT Manning. Even with a bad neck he will command repect. Unlike Sanchez who might as well serve tea to the DB's before the play because they are that close to the line of scrimmage.

cue Smash... thats cause our WR's can;t stretch the field. Fine bring in a burner with him.

Crusher dont try to use basic principles of football to convince me. Those principles will not work with this team. Maybe you can pay this burner WR were going to bring in and forget about safety and RT and back up lineman screw it Peyton will coach up Wayne Hunter and Eric Smith and he will even teach Shonn Greene how to catch and even Joe McKnight will put on 20 pounds of pure muscle and become a non pussified RB yep we got all the weapons Peyton Manning needs. Freaking ridicuolus

Crusher dont try to use basic principles of football to convince me. Those principles will not work with this team. Maybe you can pay this burner WR were going to bring in and forget about safety and RT and back up lineman screw it Peyton will coach up Wayne Hunter and Eric Smith and he will even teach Shonn Greene how to catch and even Joe McKnight will put on 20 pounds of pure muscle and become a non pussified RB yep we got all the weapons Peyton Manning needs. Freaking ridicuolus

Peyton has operated just fine with less talent in the past. This is a completely different offense if you replace Sanchez with Peyton, even in his old age. Like night and day. No more would we have a QB looking downfield at open receivers and not throwing because he's a slow processor.

Peyton has operated just fine with less talent in the past. This is a completely different offense if you replace Sanchez with Peyton, even in his old age. Like night and day. No more would we have a QB looking downfield at open receivers and not throwing because he's a slow processor.

Really ? Name me one year Peyton Operated with less talent . JUST ONE

2010 when his entire receiving corps and RB corps was decimated with injury. His best target is not even in the NFL anymore, that Blair guy. He still won the division.

Oh you mean the year Reggie Wayne had 111 Catches and 1350 yards receiving ? And peirre garcon had 67 Catches ? and Austin Collie Had 10 TD's ? The same guys that ate us up alive in the AFCCG ? He lost Dallas Clark that year and I think Joseph Addai and had a terrible stretch of like 10 INTs in 4 games towards the end of the year. Even that year the colts had better talent at WR than the Jets and a hell of alot better at protecting the QB and most importantly picking up the blitz

Oh you mean the year Reggie Wayne had 111 Catches and 1350 yards receiving ? And peirre garcon had 67 Catches ? and Austin Collie Had 10 TD's ?

Garcon and COllie would have 7 catches combined with Sanchez.. lol

WHY CAN"T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MANNING MAKES THESE GUYS!!!

Garcon and COllie would have 7 catches combined with Sanchez.. lol

WHY CAN"T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MANNING MAKES THESE GUYS!!!

Oh and just to prove you wrong yet again Pierre Garcon had his best year this year with a pack of Idiots throwing him the football. Thats NOT a knock on Manning It just goes to show the guy is not a POS like you want people to believe.

Archived