Schefter suggests Peyton wants no business with the Jets

BroadwayJ667

Of course Tyree was never the player Holmes was, but great SB plays don't mean sh*t. It's hyped reputation. Holmes drops as many passes as clutch plays he makes. Plus, he's a bona fide POS.

A trio of Plax, Braylon, and Kerley would have been better for 2011 than what they ended up with. Tanny made the wrong decision on who to retain and, like most every other move Tanny and that fat idiot Rex made this year, it blew up in their faces.

Are you really comparing David Tyree to Holmes? Wow. This argument has just become stupid at this point.

Holmes was the right player to retain. Obviously, considering Braylon was cut right before the playoffs. lmfao.

You dont think Sanchez had any say in who they retain? You really think nobody asked his opinion? Come'on. He clearly favored Holmes when he joined the team after the suspension.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you really comparing David Tyree to Holmes? Wow. This argument has just become stupid at this point.

Holmes was the right player to retain. Obviously, considering Braylon was cut right before the playoffs. lmfao.

You dont think Sanchez had any say in who they retain? You really think nobody asked his opinion? Come'on. He clearly favored Holmes when he joined the team after the suspension.

I dont think SMC was comparing the WR's at all.

Holmes has also never been the player some people claim Holmes has been. His first ever year of being a team's #1 receiver was an unmitigated disaster.

He had dogs hit throwing him passes and you know it.. There's no question he's a piece of sh*t who quit on the team, but with a proper qb he'd put up big numbers

No, I wasn't comparing Tyree to Holmes. I plainly was referring to SB catches or plays in general which are overhyped occurrances. Holmes' SB catch doesn't make him a "big time clutch player."

And Braylong got cut because he was injured and hadn't regained his playing ability as he tried to come back.

He had dogs hit throwing him passes and you know it.. There's no question he's a piece of sh*t who quit on the team, but with a proper qb he'd put up big numbers

Who was throwing balls to Larry Fitzgerald , Dewayne Bowe and Pierre Garcon ? Oh thats right those guys actully get open and can fight for a ball when contested. WTF was I thinking

No, I wasn't comparing Tyree to Holmes. I plainly was referring to SB catches or plays in general which are overhyped occurrances. Holmes' SB catch doesn't make him a "big time clutch player."

And Braylong got cut because he was injured and hadn't regained his playing ability as he tried to come back.

So then Braylon would have been useless for the Jets too.

And how can you say he's not? How many game winning catches has he had for the Jets? 5-6? He's a very clutch player. There's a reason he had the whole Tone-Time thing going.

That can be said of any WR.

True No. 1 WRs like Fitz produce even when crap is at QB.

Would he put up far better numbers than he is now? Of course, the same holds true for any receiver playing with a sh*t QB. The point is, I still see very little evidence to suggest he's anywhere near as good as he allegedly is according to himself and some fans. He's another one who's greatness is more defined by excuses and rare examples than anything else. The truth is, if you look around the league at a lot of the great WRs like Andre Johnson, Larry FItzgerald, and Calvin Johnson, they've still done some great things with QBs just as bad, if not worse, than Sanchez and the bottom line is Holmes isn't anywhere close to being in the league of those kinds of guys. That's not say the guy can't be a good starting WR, he's just far from away from the league's best. It's like I just said last offseason, anyone who thought either Braylon or Holmes were top 10 WRs were out of their freakin' minds. It makes it all the less reason to want to deal with his bullsh*t, because he's simply not one of those players who's good enough to justify it.

Would he put up far better numbers than he is now? Of course, the same holds true for any receiver playing with a sh*t QB. The point is, I still see very little evidence to suggest he's anywhere near as good as he allegedly is according to himself and some fans. He's another one who's greatness is more defined by excuses and rare examples than anything else. The truth is, if you look around the league at a lot of the great WRs like Andre Johnson, Larry FItzgerald, and Calvin Johnson, they've still done some great things with QBs just as bad, if not worse, than Sanchez and the bottom line is Holmes isn't anywhere close to being in the league of those kinds of guys. That's not say the guy can't be a good starting WR, he's just far from away from the league's best. It's like I just said last offseason, anyone who thought either Braylon or Holmes were top 10 WRs were out of their freakin' minds. It makes it all the less reason to want to deal with his bullsh*t, because he's simply not one of those players who's good enough to justify it.

He's definitely below those three. I think when properly motivated he's easily in the next tier of receivers, but at the same time you can't have a guy quiting on the team. If it wasn't for the cap hit, I'm sure he'd be gone'

also, there isn't many QB's worse then Sanchez this year... Smash brings up Garon producing, but that was ona team that was down big in a ton of games and facing soft zones

He's definitely below those three. I think when properly motivated he's easily in the next tier of receivers, but at the same time you can't have a guy quiting on the team. If it wasn't for the cap hit, I'm sure he'd be gone'

also, there isn't many QB's worse then Sanchez this year... Smash brings up Garon producing, but that was ona team that was down big in a ton of games and facing soft zones

jets will have worst QB in AFC East, even if RG3 doesnt end up in Miami

I think upside of moore> sanchez

jets will have worst QB in AFC East, even if RG3 doesnt end up in Miami

I think upside of moore> sanchez

Matt Moore has played in each of the 3 years, 2 of those years he took over during the season and looked good on 2 teams that had nothing to play for, they handed him the starting job in Carolina his 2nd year and sh*t the bed REAL bad, this tells me he could have a problem with pressure, until Moore plays a full season as a starter, and actually makes the playoffs Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>>Moore, and while were at it Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hennne!

Archived