Joe Namath on New York Jets Hire of Sparano: "I'm Stumped"

flgreen

I find it appaling that JWN gets sh*t on here with regularity, the guy knows football 1000x more than us combined. No one read a defense better, the dude called his own plays to boot, he didnt need flash cards showing him red green and yellow. I think Soprano is a crappy hire too, G&P is a joke without a vertical passing game. So all we need is a RB and a QB. I think it is cool JWN cares about team and shares his disgust as most fans do with this org

90% of the fanbase is so beaten down by 43 years of losing that they just desperately need someone to lie to them and tell them that everything is peaches and cream while they reject outright any discussion that contradicts their delusion. Thus, Greg Buttle has a career.

Joe Namath was spot on a few months when he criticized Rex's style. And I do not think he is too far from the truth on his opinion on the Sparano hiring.

The decision makers for the Jets, and a s we were told there are only three, continue to do things that other teams would not do.

First, they guarantee Shotty will be back unless he lands a head coaching gig. Then, when Shotty does not land a HC job, they fire him, and, in the same breath, hire Sparano. Just makes you scratch your head a little.

I find it appaling that JWN gets sh*t on here with regularity, the guy knows football 1000x more than us combined. No one read a defense better, the dude called his own plays to boot, he didnt need flash cards showing him red green and yellow. I think Soprano is a crappy hire too, G&P is a joke without a vertical passing game. So all we need is a RB and a QB. I think it is cool JWN cares about team and shares his disgust as most fans do with this org

For better or worse...fans wanted Rex to get more involved in the offense and with the release of Schotty and the Sparano hire it appears he has...

I can only conclude that Rex wants to return to G&P with a passion...many fans were looking for brilliant and Rex hired a another OC to focus on execution.

Personally I expect more field goals...but at least it's his baby.

90% of the fanbase is so beaten down by 43 years of losing that they just desperately need someone to lie to them and tell them that everything is peaches and cream while they reject outright any discussion that contradicts their delusion. Thus, Greg Buttle has a career.

This checks!

Namath has a good feel for the game and this team, Jets fans just cant deal with it. Thats not to say I agree with everything the guy says but Im glad he speaks his mind. I think the Jets should have hired him as a consultant years ago

Only jets fans can turn ontheir only Super Bowl MVP. People who cant deal with a little criticism of their team are not fans. They are homers. And this is coming from someone who has always liked sporano and is stoked about him coming here. Jeeze you would think 40+ years of futility would've resulted in some thicker skin around here.

its funny cause it's true..

Only jets fans can turn ontheir only Super Bowl MVP. People who cant deal with a little criticism of their team are not fans. They are homers. And this is coming from someone who has always liked sporano and is stoked about him coming here. Jeeze you would think 40+ years of futility would've resulted in some thicker skin around here.

well dont forget Joe is a QB and some on this board blame just about everything on the QB so I guess joe is not immune

Has Namath actually ever given suggestions of what he'd do differently or just insults everything the Jets do?

I honestly dont know because I could care less about his opinion. Like, who would have Namath hired?

Namath posts here on JN, did you know that? His user name is T0mShane.

When Joe takes a sh!t the turds have a higher football IQ than the pseudo self anointed grid iron geniuses that mock him here.

He was right about Rex and the Jets thinking they were better than were and now because he says he dosent understand the hiring of a fired HC from Miami that has done nothing to prove himself as an OC ever (except maybe to blow Bill Parcells), thats supposed to mean something?

Oh BTW here is his take on Alex Smith from 2010.........

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/10/15/joe-namath-says-not-to-give-up-on-49ers-qb-alex-smith/

Archived