Cheater will Cheat, and Cheat again

JonEJet

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/38698/mcdaniels-move-caught-nfls-attention

McDaniels' move caught NFL's attention

January, 14, 2012

Jan 14

12:50

PM ET

By Bill Williamson

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- ESPN is reporting that the NFL will look into the case of coaches jumping from one team to a playoff team during the postseason and it will determine whether or not there will be a rule blocking such moves.

Of course, the inspiration for the discussion is the New England Patriots’ hire of Josh McDaniels as an offensive coach. He was St. Louis’ offensive coordinator during the season. Yet, he started to work for the Patriots last week. His first game will be Saturday night against Denver in the divisional playoffs. Denver fired McDaniels as head coach Dec. 2010 after 28 games. He was previously the Patriots’ offensive coordinator.

The Broncos haven’t made a big deal of the situation, but, I know, privately, some folks in the organization -- and others around the league -- think it’s a little odd that such a move could happen.

Don’t you think there are some Rams’ players who would like to the opportunity to work in the playoffs just as McDaniels will get the opportunity?

I knew the league would take some heat over it. It’s just my guess, but I bet this is the last time we see such a move.

Time, and time again they push the envelope....and the league reacts late once again to unfair practices by those Cheats

The pats OC didn't go anywhere yet....can't leave til his season is over.....

There is no scandal. The Pats OC left to take over Penn State and McDaniels was fired. Also, McDaniels wasn't even on the Bronco's this year, so what difference does that make? This is a bullsh*t scandal brought up by the media.

It's pretty cut and dry.

Josh was given the option by the Rams to leave....seeing a new coach was going to be hired, he moved on.

He interviews with the Pats, seeing they needed an OC next season. The Pats realized McDaniels with the Rams had already played and scouted The Giants, Ravens, Packers, Saints, 9ers, Bengals, and Steelers....Ironically all playoff teams this year. Therefore these teams have been scouted by another eye(McDaniels)

Rather than waiting until next year, the Pats hire McDaniels immediately.....So now it's the PatsRams vs Broncos this week

Absolute garbage...dirty cheating scumbags

Edited by JonEJet

It's pretty cut and dry.

Josh was given the option by the Rams to leave....seeing a new coach was going to be hired, he moved on.

He interviews with the Pats, seeing they needed an OC next season. The Pats realized McDaniels with the Rams had already played and scouted The Giants, Ravens, Packers, Saints, 9ers, Bengals, and Steelers....Ironically all playoff teams this year. Therefore these teams have been scouted by another eye(McDaniels)

Rather than waiting until next year, the Pats hire McDaniels immediately.....So now it's the PatsRams vs Broncos this week

Absolute garbage...dirty cheating scumbags

Do you think they'd have hired McDaniels right away if the Steelers beat the Broncos?

Whether you like it or not it's with in the rules your problem should lye with the NFL not the Pats, this happened with the Cowboys a couple of years ago one of there defensive coaches got a college job, and they hired a coach off another team during the playoffs.

Whether you like it or not it's with in the rules your problem should lye with the NFL not the Pats, this happened with the Cowboys a couple of years ago one of there defensive coaches got a college job, and they hired a coach off another team during the playoffs.

But the Pats CHEATED way more this time around.

Do you think they'd have hired McDaniels right away if the Steelers beat the Broncos?

He was hired before the game.

There is no rule against it, therefore how i it cheating?

Josh McDaniels sucks, so not sure why everyone is pissed. Did you see the Rams Offense this year? Did you see the Bronco's UNDER McDaniels?

So, is it true that sour grapes make you scrunch your face and pucker your lips?

• Upvote 1

Yep Coaches should be frozen just as players are, pats fan will claim nothing was done wrong, lol

yup, plus in this case the coach in question has inhouse knowledge of Tebow and his tendencies

but bottom line, its legal at this point and kudos to pats for AGAIN finding backdoor ways to get a advantage

The NFL will "look into it." Which means Goodell might not put a mint on Kraft's pillow when he does the turndown service thing.

But there doesn't seem to be any violation of any NFL rules. If McDaniel had been with the Broncos this season, might have been a different story.

The NFL will "look into it." Which means Goodell might not put a mint on Kraft's pillow when he does the turndown service thing.

But there doesn't seem to be any violation of any NFL rules. If McDaniel had been with the Broncos this season, might have been a different story.

yup, but it still would have been legal. there WILL be a rule change I am sure in offseason.

NFL will allow hiring of coaches but for teams still alive in playoffs, the newly hired coach will not be allowed to interact with new team until playoffs over.

(This is where Pats in future will have a coach on staff feign serious illness and ask for a waiver since they have a opening on staff, lol)

He was hired before the game.

There is no rule against it, therefore how i it cheating?

Josh McDaniels sucks, so not sure why everyone is pissed. Did you see the Rams Offense this year? Did you see the Bronco's UNDER McDaniels?

So, is it true that sour grapes make you scrunch your face and pucker your lips?

So mean. So meeeeean

http://espn.go.com/b...-nfls-attention

McDaniels' move caught NFL's attention

By Bill Williamson

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- ESPN is reporting that the NFL will look into the case of coaches jumping from one team to a playoff team during the postseason and it will determine whether or not there will be a rule blocking such moves.

Of course, the inspiration for the discussion is the New England Patriots’ hire of Josh McDaniels as an offensive coach. He was St. Louis’ offensive coordinator during the season. Yet, he started to work for the Patriots last week. His first game will be Saturday night against Denver in the divisional playoffs. Denver fired McDaniels as head coach Dec. 2010 after 28 games. He was previously the Patriots’ offensive coordinator.

The Broncos haven’t made a big deal of the situation, but, I know, privately, some folks in the organization -- and others around the league -- think it’s a little odd that such a move could happen.

Don’t you think there are some Rams’ players who would like to the opportunity to work in the playoffs just as McDaniels will get the opportunity?

I knew the league would take some heat over it. It’s just my guess, but I bet this is the last time we see such a move.

Time, and time again they push the envelope....and the league reacts late once again to unfair practices by those Cheats

Which rule did they break?

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Not cheating. People need to save their criticism for when they really are caught cheating. Cause you have to know that they really are probably still cheating in multiple ways, especially at home games. People won't take it as seriously if they are attacked even when their not breaking any rules.

He has been Kraft's guest a number of times. Kraft is on the committee that deals with the networks, and the Patriots have been a huge draw for CBS for a decade. You're saying that you don't expect network executives to go to these events that they are paying billions of dollars to televise, and in turn you don't expect the owners to be willing hosts?

As for McDaniels- No one cared about this until the Broncos won. Prior to that, it was a little mentioned blurb that went along the lines of "Pats OC hired by Penn State, so Pats look to bring back old OC." Then the Broncos upset the Steelers and it turns into "ZOMG WHAT HAS THAT DIRTY OLD BILL DONE NOW???!?!?!?"

Your OC is going to be distracted by his new job, no matter what company line the front office puts out about him staying focused on the task at hand. Bringing in your next OC early to help shoulder the load is just prudent.

He has been Kraft's guest a number of times. Kraft is on the committee that deals with the networks, and the Patriots have been a huge draw for CBS for a decade. You're saying that you don't expect network executives to go to these events that they are paying billions of dollars to televise, and in turn you don't expect the owners to be willing hosts?

As for McDaniels- No one cared about this until the Broncos won. Prior to that, it was a little mentioned blurb that went along the lines of "Pats OC hired by Penn State, so Pats look to bring back old OC." Then the Broncos upset the Steelers and it turns into "ZOMG WHAT HAS THAT DIRTY OLD BILL DONE NOW???!?!?!?"

Your OC is going to be distracted by his new job, no matter what company line the front office puts out about him staying focused on the task at hand. Bringing in your next OC early to help shoulder the load is just prudent.

If thats the case why have not we see Moonves or other network CEO's in the suite of another owner in the past ? If this has happened regularly in the past i would not have any objection. But this is the first time i have noticed this.

I wonder what impact it has on commentators when they find their boss is hobnobbing with the owner of a specific team.