A Season in Hell...

SoFlaJets

Is the name of a poem written by French writer Arthur Rimbaud in 1873. With both The Patriots and Giants on their way to play in both Championship games next week it will also be the name of the Jets 2011 Season video when it's released next summer. WILL it get any worse than this for a Jets fan? Can it? Yes, when there's a rematch of the Super Bowl...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the name of a poem written by French writer Arthur Rimbaud in 1873. With both The Patriots and Giants on their way to play in both Championship games next week it will also be the name of the Jets 2011 Season video when it's released next summer. WILL it get any worse than this for a Jets fan? Can it? Yes, when there's a rematch of the Super Bowl...

In April, when we draft more small school prospects who aren't ready to contribute because our front office think's it's smarter than everyone else?

With the inevitable Pats / Giants SB rematch looming, will there be mass suicides?

Not me. You see, I have other things going on in my life. Unlike those who need to post on opposing teams message boards only to talk sh*t in an ultimately futile effort to feel better about their lives.

We were 8-8 after back to back AFC Championship appearances. We have a new OC. After all the crap I have seen in over 3 decades of watching this team... hell this is not.

Agree. Pats- Giants will make for a good bowl anyway if they get past a tough opponent next week.

Football is a funny game. Six weeks ago Coughlin and the Giants were the organization that the media and fans were calling for heads to roll and firings to take place.

Not me. You see, I have other things going on in my life. Unlike those who need to post on opposing teams message boards only to talk sh*t in an ultimately futile effort to feel better about their lives.

yea, you see THIS I never did get either..

In April, when we draft more small school prospects who aren't ready to contribute because our front office think's it's smarter than everyone else?

<3 u

And those small-school scrubs will all have character issues because Rex is so good at turning those guys around.

<3 u

And those small-school scrubs will all have character issues because Rex is so good at turning those guys around.

I was dead serious when I wrote in that "It's been 43 years" thread yesterday how I'm pretty sure I'll never get to see another Jets SB appearance while I'm still alive on this planet. The league has completely changed from the decades old "it defense that wins championships" idiom to where it's now, here in 2011/12 all about the offenses and who can score that last inevitable last minute touchdown. We saw it happen all year-to us and we saw it yesterday in the 49ers Saints game...so what do our frigging Jets do? Why they go and hire a DEFENSIVE minded coach in the age of the offense...only the Jets-it's uncanny-it ONLY happens to the Jets it CAN only happen to the Jets

<3 u

Maybe we should like, draft a pass rusher from Ohio State or a QB from USC. Yeah, thats the ticket!

and to top it all off, what do the Jets do? They FINALLY fire Brian Schottenheimer and who do they bring in? A guy who thinks that the FG is a big play anymore and will fist pump every one of them only to watch guys like Brady run up and down the field for another 7-8 years-unstoppable scoring 35+ points a game while we are still leaving games with 12-15 points-it just never gets any better...I swear it's like Groundhog Day and we're ALL playing the role of Bill Murray...you almost have to laugh to keep from crying

I was dead serious when I wrote in that "It's been 43 years" thread yesterday how I'm pretty sure I'll never get to see another Jets SB appearance while I'm still alive on this planet. The league has completely changed from the decades old "it defense that wins championships" idiom to where it's now, here in 2011/12 all about the offenses and who can score that last inevitable last minute touchdown. We saw it happen all year-to us and we saw it yesterday in the 49ers Saints game...so what do our frigging Jets do? Why they go and hire a DEFENSIVE minded coach in the age of the offense...only the Jets-it's uncanny-it ONLY happens to the Jets it CAN only happen to the Jets

Jim. You're now co-captain with Klacko.

Or, we should just wait to see who better GMs draft, wait five years, and give those guys gigantic free agent contracts.

I swear I would trade the next 3 Tannenbaum 1st round picks for a chance to have Peyton Manning-who wouldn't trade Kyle Wilson and Mo Wilkerson for a chance to have Peyton for 2 years?

FWIW, the teams that are left all have a lights out defense except the Patriots who happen to have the best QB left in the playoffs. Go figure.

Joe Flacco and Alex Smith make a very strong case for defense still does win championships. Green Bay's D was the worst in the league. Look what happened. And the Texans surely didnt get to the Divisional round because of TJ Yates.

The teams that remain do 2 things really well...defense and running the ball. Except, the Patriots who have the best QB.

Thank God for the Red Wings.

I'm getting to a point in my life that I don't think there's any room for sports teams...I think it's getting near that time...I really do-I may need to start an epic "I'M LEAVING JN!!!" thread-let it drag on for weeks and never really go but make a big a-hole outta myself...it's been a while since we've seen one of those...it may be time

I don't know E ... we lost so many smarts when Shottenheimer left that the OMSQ (overall management smartness quotient) took a huge hit. We simply may not be smart enough to do things like that anymore...

FWIW, the teams that are left all have a lights out defense except the Patriots who happen to have the best QB left in the playoffs. Go figure.

Joe Flacco and Alex Smith make a very strong case for defense still does win championships. Green Bay's D was the worst in the league. Look what happened. And the Texans surely didnt get to the Divisional round because of TJ Yates.

The teams that remain do 2 things really well...defense and running the ball. Except, the Patriots who have the best QB.

Correct, the difference between the defenses left, and ours is they get to the QB and disrupt the heavy offenses, we do the exact opposite we try and stop the WR's, me thinks we should put more emphasis on pass rush, and less on CB's, we have the best one on the planet did we really need to draft one in the first round, and give another 8 million a year?

and to top it all off, what do the Jets do? They FINALLY fire Brian Schottenheimer and who do they bring in? A guy who thinks that the FG is a big play anymore and will fist pump every one of them only to watch guys like Brady run up and down the field for another 7-8 years-unstoppable scoring 35+ points a game while we are still leaving games with 12-15 points-it just never gets any better...I swear it's like Groundhog Day and we're ALL playing the role of Bill Murray...you almost have to laugh to keep from crying

Better than a guy who once said "Any drive that ends in a punt is a good drive".

1-15 more hell than 8-8 -- I am so over this season and looking foward to next -- Dont give a sh*t who wins the SB

Green Bay lost because The Giants are the best, most balanced team right now. The GB receivers had vaseline on the hands and Eli is not only a good QB, he's a smart QB.

Saints lost not only because of SF's stout defense, but Alex Smith decided to play like Drew Brees. That's a pretty lethal combination.

The Texans lost because Yates was the QB and Jones went numb. Ravens defense is stellar and should give the Pats fits - but dang, the Texans defense is even better. Younger, faster. Still, Ravens can, and probably will, contain the Pats.

I think this is the Giants year...again.

Archived