Here's LT's Interview on Showtime

JonEJet

Post image for LaDainian Tomlinson on the Jets Locker Room

How bad was it inside the Jets locker room?  LaDainian Tomlinson joins the ‘Inside the NFL’ crew to talk about what he experienced this past season.  This 5 minute video is pretty insightful and although L.T. indicates this can be fixed, it definitely highlights exactly how much work needs to be done.  The task of cleaning up this team is not a small one.

What do you think?  You can talk about the New York Jets in our

di
di

awQH-o85r9s

View the full article

Never said a word about himself, or his role, or what he wanted. He stated facts and when he stated opinions, he qualified it with "this is just my opinion...". A consumate professional who's earned the right to make statements about a team he's been dedicated to. He has accepted a diminished role. He has been an asset to the team. He has not disparaged anyone and speaks from his heart. Kudos to LT. There will be some that think he's complaining. But I can't see a thing untrue in anything he's said. And I believe him. Also find it interesting that he names Mike Tannenbaum as the culprit before anyone else. Very telling. A good interview and a solid person.

Guess we know why he re-signed, why he has been willing to take crap money and a limited roll here... because he wanted to be in that lockerroom.

Oh wait... that contradicts the narrative that people are trying to construct...

You've been on the money lately.

They want melodrama, and they will squeeze it out of a rock. lol It's very simple: getting your star player/team captains from the bargain bin might make Tiki-Bar Tanny look like a genius, until the team starts losing,, they aren't getting theirs numbers, the NY tabloid sharks start circling, and everyone wants to deflect the blame (which, of course, carries with it the venomous rancor of the most intimidating city on the planet.) You know how you "fix" it? You ******* start winning.

Which reminds me: Have you called braylon yet, you fat ******* turd??

You've been on the money lately.

They want melodrama, and they will squeeze it out of a rock. lol It's very simple: getting your star player/team captains from the bargain bin might make Tiki-Bar Tanny look like a genius, until the team starts losing,, they aren't getting theirs numbers, the NY tabloid sharks start circling, and everyone wants to deflect the blame (which, of course, carries with it the venomous rancor of the most intimidating city on the planet.) You know how you "fix" it? You ******* start winning.

Which reminds me: Have you called braylon yet, you fat ******* turd??

Well let's look at it this way:

-In 2009 and 2010, there was never any indication that the locker rooms were in "turmoil" and the fact that the team came together for 2 straight playoff runs bears testimony against this.

-Who were the 'bad apples' added between 2010 and 2011 on offense that made it such a mess? Allegedly, Mason. He was released very early on.

Allegedly, Burress. Now, in fairness to Plax, NO ONE in the lockerroom is calling him out, nobody. So we don't even know for a fact that he was a problem. We DO know that in public he was fine.

You still had the keystones of the line in place with Brick, Mangold and Moore. Hunter had been there for years. So had Greene. Keller is not an issue. No reason to suspect Kerley of anything. Slauson is pretty out in the open with his comments, but he's never been a problem so far as I can tell. L.T. re-signed on the cheap while being told he wouldn't start. If Sanchez is tearing everyone apart, then he's done a good job of fooling us otherwise for years now, because character has never been called into question since he got here (17 year old chick notwithstanding.)

So what are you left with? Most likely, Holmes and Burress causing grief for not getting enough passes thrown their way. Boo hoo. Next year Burress is gone, Mason won't be here and Holmes will have no one on his side. Sparano won't take that crap from him and nor will the rest of the team. And if/when we win, this stuff all goes away.

For as much as the media supposedly "loves" Rex, they have been dreaming of his demise since day 1. Now he has 3 years (2 playoff years), never under .500 and 4 road playoff wins. So the idea that he's suddenly such a bad coach that the Jets are in ruin and disarray is absurd on its face and wouldn't deserve the dignity of a reply if this fanbase wasn't a bunch of slapdick whiners.

Also, go get Braylon.

When you bring in people of questionable character this is what you get..Santonio is a cancer as is Plexico

When you let quality people like Smith and Cothery go and replace them with the above your getting exactly

what you asked for..The locker room is poisoned now and won't be fixed with any meetings,,People with character

issues really don't changed and when there is adversity this is what you get..Whats disappointing is guys like Revis

Mangold, Harris and Furguson didn't take the situation by the balls and regulate this before it turned into a train wreck..People made

light of Mangini bringing in boys scouts..but now you see the results of bringing in "character issue guys".

That is how a professional handles the situation. Stated facts in an unbiased way. He also seemed a bit annoyed with people saying Sanchez was lazy, and then equally annoyed that there was no viable option to push Sanchez.

On a side note, I want LT on this team next year picking up the blitz and catching the ball out of the backfield again.

When you bring in people of questionable character this is what you get..Santonio is a cancer as is Plexico

When you let quality people like Smith and Cothery go and replace them with the above your getting exactly

what you asked for..The locker room is poisoned now and won't be fixed with any meetings,,People with character

issues really don't changed and when there is adversity this is what you get..Whats disappointing is guys like Revis

Mangold, Harris and Furguson didn't take the situation by the balls and regulate this before it turned into a train wreck..People made

light of Mangini bringing in boys scouts..but now you see the results of bringing in "character issue guys".

Yes. We need more players like Anthony Schlegel and Eric Smith and Vernon Gholston and Erik Ainge.

Yes. We need more players like Anthony Schlegel and Eric Smith and Vernon Gholston and Erik Ainge.

Along with Mangold,Revis,Ferguson,Harris,Pace,Pouha,Smith,Jenkins,Cothery(actually playing him), Devito

Keller, and Woodhead..How's that worked out for the Pats.

.but I get it Mangini gets blamed for the above but Tannenbaum credit for the below

I think your posts are insightful but like anyone else SE some times your full of s**t too.

This is Rex and his ego thinking he can handle guys with issues..guess what..he can't.

Along with Mangold,Revis,Ferguson,Harris,Pace,Pouha,Smith,Jenkins,Cothery(actually playing him), Devito

.but I get it Mangini gets blamed for the above but Tannenbaum credit for the below

I think your posts are insightful but like anyone else SE some times your full of s**t too.

This is Rex and his ego thinking he can handle guys with issues..guess what..he can't.

Sort of like BB thinking he could handle Ocho and Haynesworth??

When the Steelers let someone go for next to nothing, there is usually a reason. Buyer beware!! Jets found out what the Steelers already knew. Took the Giants a bit, but eventually they also found the truth.

Pittsburgh is a very smart organization. The fact they traded their #1 wideout for a 5th rounder was a signal enough. Tannenbaum pounded his chest on this one.

When the Steelers let someone go for next to nothing, there is usually a reason. Buyer beware!! Jets found out what the Steelers already knew. Took the Giants a bit, but eventually they also found the truth.

Pittsburgh is a very smart organization. The fact they traded their #1 wideout for a 5th rounder was a signal enough. Tannenbaum pounded his chest on this one.

Yep, right after Holmes and Plax both caught Super-Bowl winning catches. I don't think it's just them, it's just all one big clusterf-- from the top down.

From a cap/contract standpoint if we can not trade Holmes (assuning we want to) how does this all play out ?? Lets assume the Jets want to cut ties with Holmes does his attitude come into play with some possible clause in his contract ? Could the Jets claim his actions were detrimental to the team therefore voiding the remainder of his contract ?

There are a few cap guys on this site so guys how does this play out if the Jets want him out ?/

That is how a professional handles the situation. Stated facts in an unbiased way. He also seemed a bit annoyed with people saying Sanchez was lazy, and then equally annoyed that there was no viable option to push Sanchez.

On a side note, I want LT on this team next year picking up the blitz and catching the ball out of the backfield again.

I agree 100 % I would also like to see the Jets draft a fast talented RB to learn from him someone who can step in an be a 3rd down back and create some real mismatches

Dont you think your taking this a bit to the extreme ? Mangold Brick are good character players no one is asking for a pack of angels but lets stay away from the real Idiots in Free agency and Via trade like Santonio Holmes........that would be a good place to start.

Sort of like BB thinking he could handle Ocho and Haynesworth??

Uh..difference is BB is and was paying the Vet Minimum for those turkeys..They don't work..cut'em

Holmes is a 45 milion mistake..you can't walk away from that without disasterous cap consequences and he has 0 trade appeal after this incident.

Jet are stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

Really? I never saw anyone giving Tannenbaum credit for any of those excellent picks. (Mangold, Revis, Ferguson, Harris, Cotch etc.)

Archived