What Sanchez Needs...

Freemanm

This is just a "What If?" post, but how much better would Sanchez be if Parcells were the HC? If you look at all the QB's Parcells coached who went form obscurity to stardom. Testaverde was washed up and was pretty much retired when he came to the Jets; Jeff Hostettler - I know Giants fans who never even heard of him before the 1990 season; Drew Beldsoe, okay, he was a number one pick, but notice how bad he was after Parcells left the Pats; Ray Lucas was a no name and wasn't even a real quarterback when Parcells started him in the middle of the '99 season. Tony Romo was signed as an undrafter rookie free agent.

The list goes on and on. But the reason his QBs did so well was because Parcells would often get in their faces, scream at them on the sidelines and not caring if the cameras were recording him; he didn't care how much money the QB made or where the QB was drafted, if you didn't get the job done you weren't playing (notice how quickly he got rid of Neil O'Donnell).

Anyway, I think Sanchez should listen to (linked) Parcells' QB commandments, which include "Fat QBs can't run" and "Your friends and family members don't know $hit about football". Hopefully, Sparano learned from Parcells just enough to begin to pass this along to Sanchez. Sanchez can finally start learning instead of being forced to run Schottenheimer's plain vanilla offense.

Sparano was brought in to whip all these clowns into shape. Shotty didn't have the clout or demeanor.. looked too much like a Tennis instructor.

Tony reminds me of a pizza shop owner in the Bronx that will come after you with a cleaver if you try to steal a slice.

This is just a "What If?" post, but how much better would Sanchez be if Parcells were the HC? If you look at all the QB's Parcells coached who went form obscurity to stardom. Testaverde was washed up and was pretty much retired when he came to the Jets; Jeff Hostettler - I know Giants fans who never even heard of him before the 1990 season; Drew Beldsoe, okay, he was a number one pick, but notice how bad he was after Parcells left the Pats; Ray Lucas was a no name and wasn't even a real quarterback when Parcells started him in the middle of the '99 season. Tony Romo was signed as an undrafter rookie free agent.

The list goes on and on. But the reason his QBs did so well was because Parcells would often get in their faces, scream at them on the sidelines and not caring if the cameras were recording him; he didn't care how much money the QB made or where the QB was drafted, if you didn't get the job done you weren't playing (notice how quickly he got rid of Neil O'Donnell).

Anyway, I think Sanchez should listen to (linked) Parcells' QB commandments, which include "Fat QBs can't run" and "Your friends and family members don't know $hit about football". Hopefully, Sparano learned from Parcells just enough to begin to pass this along to Sanchez. Sanchez can finally start learning instead of being forced to run Schottenheimer's plain vanilla offense.

I don't know if our manchild of a QB can handle being yelled at any more. Shotty was routinely seen yelling at him. I will back up the premise of Sanchez feeling like his time on the field is performance based. Once he realizes that if he sucks he sits, he will play better or crumble completely. Either way we find out what's up. I agree that it's a good time to simplify things and play high percentage football. The schotty confusion tactics did not work. I look forward to our new offense. As long as we can get some weapons

Testaverde was far from washed up. He had something like 4200 yards and 33 TDs For Baltimore in 1996, and was serviceable in 1997. Hell, he was a pro bowler in 1996.

What do you think Bill Parcells did to contribute to Tony Romo? He surrounded him with Terry Glenn, TO, and Witten... They also had Julius Jones and Marion Barber taking pressure off the QB while helping Dallas run for 20+ TDs.

His offensive line featured Flozell Adams in his prime, a young Kyle Kosier (who still starts for them), the second best center in the league in Andre Gurode, Colombo who is still starting for them, and a perennial pro bow guard in Marco Rivera. All 5 started 16 games that year. Let's not forget that Romo is not exactly Captain Clutch despite his natural physical abilities.

Parcels is on the Mount Rushmore of head coaches, but this thread is completely nonsensical.

Sparano was brought in to whip all these clowns into shape. Shotty didn't have the clout or demeanor.. looked too much like a Tennis instructor.

Tony reminds me of a pizza shop owner in the Bronx that will come after you with a cleaver if you try to steal a slice.

Hahaha...nice

Being from the Bronx I can appreciate your reference. ;)

Sounds like youve stolen a slice or two.

lol...

Archived