Rex and Tanny Fan Conf Call

Maxman

Brad - the defense didn't get pressure on the QB, gave up big gains on 3rd down? Why?

Rex - there is no doubt they want to get to the QB, statistically the defense was the same as in the past. 3rd down efficiency they were 2nd in the NFL. Rex agrees they gave up too many big plays. 90+ yard to Victor Cruz made the difference in that game. They will look at everything, especially how they attack the QB.

Rich: What will you do to focus on team building and fix the locker room?

Rex: If I have a strong point as a coach it is team building, unity in the locker room. And they are looking at it and Rex will look at what the issues are. He needs to do a better job of knowing what is going on and making sure the team respects each other.

Rex in regards to team building - "The teams that I've been apart of, the unity of those teams, building that strong locker room... and the guys that believe in each other and are there fore each other.. they pull the rope in the same direction."

"We have to have that respect for eachother.. not always going to have guys that like eachother"

Reiterated that it was a strength of his.

Mike T claims that guys like Sapp, Ducasse have a good chance to make an impact next year. Seems hesitant to go and address OL position through FA.

He is really selling that he likes these kids...not sure if they really are being truthful...

Tanny says Caleb, Vlad, Ricky Sapp and Howard could all play roles next year. They need to find a way to cover the tight end.

You'll forgive my ignorance, but why the hell is Tanny dictating what roles any player will have next year? Isn't that the responsibility of the coaching staff?

Mark will be starter, works hard, blames himself. He's the right guy and will improve. Putting together a detailed plan with Sporano and Cavanaugh to help him improve.

Tanny gave the exact same answer on Sanchez when we met with him for that Priceless NY event. Tape sets the floor, work ethic sets the ceiling. We want gym rats...

You'll forgive my ignorance, but why the hell is Tanny dictating what roles any player will have next year? Isn't that the responsibility of the coaching staff?

He was saying more along the lines of they have depth already in house.

Seems Rex has been inactive in Offense in past years - how will that change?

" I want to be a great head coach, not just a good one" "My perspective obviously comes from a defensive side... but I do need to increase awareness on the offensive side - I am committed to learning more about the offense"

"REALLY excited about Tony as OC" - was really impressed during interview process and sees it suiting Mark well.

Sounds like Rex envisions a full ground and pound coming back.

Q - Is desire to win still strong? How do we get swagger back?

"Swagger and willingness to live never left. Some of the comments you see are based on the fact that we feel like we underproduced. My goals in particular were set extremely high and we failed in attaining those goals and we didn't make the playoffs for the first time and that is painful"

"The people in this organization want to win in the worst way"

"CAN'T WAIT to get this thing going and get that bad taste out of our mouth."

"I'll be a better coach this year" Than any year prior. Claims he's even currently working on several things.

Team "wants to win as badly as any team he's ever been around."

Archived