Rex speaks, says Ravens will beat Patriots

PatriotReign37

Dear G-d, not Alabama! If your son is half as bright as you are, and as gifted a football player as he appears to be, surely he'd choose a better school than Redneck U. ;)

BTW, who cares what Rex predicts. Mountains...molehills. Yeesh.

I Just want him to be healthy and look back at it as an adult and feel he did the best he could.

I agree on all accounts and like I said I do think the Pats win but it's far from a lock. If Rice can get going and they keep Brady and Gronk off the filed Ravens have a good shot. What amazes me is how many TV pundits are picking the Ravens. I don;t see it.

TJ Yates has a much better defense playing that side of the ball then the Pats. Yet your D looked great against Denver. So who knows?

I agree. Stopping Rice is the key.

I do.

I can see the Ravens doing what the Steelers did.

Get pressure on Brady enough to kill a drive.

Control the clock with Rice and hit passes to one of their 5 receivers w/40+ catches to extend drives. Which is ironically enough more than the Patriots had and can cover effectively.

For as good as the Patriots D looked, it was against Tebow. He missed some wide open receivers on third down and/or his receivers dropped some passes. I do not think it would have made a difference, but Flacco should hit them more than Tebow.

It should be a great game with a contrasting styles.

I still have my doubts that Tebow will be a starting NFL QB. For one, the NFL is a passing league and, he isnt going to last long running the ball like hes Eddie George, RBs have a short shelf life in the NFL.

I still have my doubts that Tebow will be a starting NFL QB. For one, the NFL is a passing league and, he isnt going to last long running the ball like hes Eddie George, RBs have a short shelf life in the NFL.

I agree 110%.

He has to get markedly better or as you state, he will not last long.

I don't fault him for this at all. Who cares. He gave his opinion on what is essentially a meaningly game to him.

To be very honest I don't want to hear sh*t from Rex about another team....I don't want to hear sh*t about SB's....just be a head coach and coach the players, have a plan to get to the playoffs,

To be very honest I don't want to hear sh*t from Rex about another team....I don't want to hear sh*t about SB's....just be a head coach and coach the players, have a plan to get to the playoffs,

Yeah, you're making a lot of sense today tbh. As more bitter hatred continues to seep through my veins watching muted highlights of the Pats game and them cheering on NFL Network on the TV in my office. Yeah. I want to punch something in the face right now.

Yeah, you're making a lot of sense today tbh. As more bitter hatred continues to seep through my veins watching muted highlights of the Pats game and them cheering on NFL Network on the TV in my office. Yeah. I want to punch something in the face right now.

Come visit me in Boston... there's plenty of smiling faces to smash in... all of them fans since 2001.

Come visit me in Boston... there's plenty of smiling faces to smash in... all of them fans since 2001.

It's really the talk radio that would have me reeling. The job position I had prior to this, I had to basically commute to Boston at least twice a week from CT. Those people would be ******* killing me right now. The Dennis and Callahan's or whatevers.

One thing about NY and in a way it's a blessing and a curse for all teams. There is so much less homerism as with anywhere else. There really is. Hopefully you have XM or something man. LOL though even for Jets fans it's just as bad right now. LOL. I haven't listened to the FAN once this week and now won't for what, another two, maybe longer. Jeeeeezus This sucks. Trapped in the vortex of Hell.

flacco outplayed brady who sucked

Lee evans has to make that play

And Sterling Moore deserves credit for making the play as well.

Sh!t.

I'd never visited another teams board prior to clicking this link. Felt like I needed a shower after being there for a couple minutes.

How trolls can hang on another team's site is flat out weird.

Word.

Compared to the surge in JN membership since 2009. :roll:

Compared to the surge in JN membership since 2009. :roll:

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen a troll say on a Jets site. Seriously.

You just compared the Patriots bandwagon since 2001 after they won their first of 3 SBs, to the increased memberships at a fan site for a team that hasn't been to a SB in 43 years and did nothing more than hire another new coach in 2009.

Laughable.

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen a troll say on a Jets site. Seriously.

You just compared the Patriots bandwagon since 2001 after they won their first of 3 SBs, to the increased memberships at a fan site for a team that hasn't been to a SB in 43 years and did nothing more than hire another new coach in 2009.

Laughable.

All I am saying is this.

If you look at the "Members" page, there are 351 pages since JN's creation.

If you apply a filterm like say members joining after January 1st 2009. You have 173 pages. The membership has practically doubled since Rex' arrival.

Do not act like your team is impervious to bandwagon fans. That is ridiculous.

Exactly

All I am saying is this.

If you look at the "Members" page, there are 351 pages since JN's creation.

If you apply a filterm like say members joining after January 1st 2009. You have 173 pages. The membership has practically doubled since Rex' arrival.

Do not act like your team is impervious to bandwagon fans. That is ridiculous.

I'm not acting like its impervious to bandwagon fans.

What is ridiculous is that you'd compare the Patriots bandwagon since becoming the most dominant team of the past decade, winning 3 SBs ... to the Jets bandwagon since they hired a coach, and the fact that your basis for this argument is the amount of new members that have signed up for this website.

Your argument is moronic.

I'm not acting like its impervious to bandwagon fans.

What is ridiculous is that you'd compare the Patriots bandwagon since becoming the most dominant team of the past decade, winning 3 SBs ... to the Jets bandwagon since they hired a coach, and the fact that your basis for this argument is the amount of new members that have signed up for this website.

Your argument is moronic.

What? They are joining for all the witty banter? Whatever.

I have been around Jet Hater's JI, JN and KFFL long enough to know, with any spike of success, there is a boost in membership in any MB.

A team and fanbase starved for success has their best run in 40+ years and the 3400+ members is a mere coincidence. Again, whatever.

What? They are joining for all the witty banter? Whatever.

I have been around Jet Hater's JI, JN and KFFL long enough to know, with any spike of success, there is a boost in membership in any MB.

A team and fanbase starved for success has their best run in 40+ years and the 3400+ members is a mere coincidence. Again, whatever.

Again, you are comparing 11 years worth of dominance and the growth of a Pats bandwagon fanbase in tens of thousands across multiple states and across the country, to 2 years of Rex Ryan and the increase of registered members of a single website in the hundreds. Add to that the unmeasurable positive impact that the social media explosion has had on the site's traffic over the past 2 years, and it further deflates your point.

I'm not even sure why you continue to respond... your point is ridiculous.

Furthermore, if you want to use site analytics as a basis for your argument then you should have stats for site traffic and registrations from the 2 years before Rex, and then the 2 years after. Then you have to offset the stats from the 2 years after Rex, with stats that account for new traffic drivers like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

At the end of the day, you haven't made a point. In fact, one could make the heuristic argument that sites like this actually spike in traffic when teams are at their worst, based solely on observing the fact that the site breaks when bad news is abundant. Which would indicate nothing about a Jets bandwagon.

So... going back to my original comment, most of the fans up here are 2001 fans... they sh*t themselves if the Pats don't have a 30 point lead the whole game, and they all deserve a good old fashioned face punch.... now stfu.

Furthermore, if you want to use site analytics as a basis for your argument then you should have stats for site traffic and registrations from the 2 years before Rex, and then the 2 years after. Then you have to offset the stats from the 2 years after Rex, with stats that account for new traffic drivers like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Social media > Rex when it comes to site hits. You can see the ones that have been created via twitter and facebook.

Archived