Jets QB coach return uncertain

CapeCoralJetFan

He shouldn't return, what's to evaluate? The whole O coaching staff should have been fired.

My thoughts exactly. What's the hold up? He is the person who is directly responsible for the QB's Sanchez has regressed and Brunnell is beyond coaching. Cavanaugh didn't even have to do anything with him. He had one responsibilty and it hasn't had an impact. Later Jagoff

Wasn't it cav that had the math problem issue in the hard knocks episode?

You can't let go of a guy that dumb!

He didn't know how many feet were in a yard!

Well obviously he don't need no math to be sexsussful in the footbaul.

It's a game of kilometers or parsecs or sumthin my mudda said.

The QB Coaches main job responsibility is to Identify problem areas with a QB during games and correct them in game and in practice. Whether it be ball control, making his reads, check downs etc.... Cavanaugh didn't get the job done. He needs to go!!

What if they were identified and addressed? You can coach or tutor or instruct someone to your heart's content, but the one on the receiving end of it ultimately has to apply this knowledge.

A QB coach, a QB coach for an OC, and effectively a QB coach for a backup QB. Somehow I don't think Sanchez sucks for a lack of people pointing out what he's doing wrong.

The QB Coaches main job responsibility is to Identify problem areas with a QB during games and correct them in game and in practice. Whether it be ball control, making his reads, check downs etc.... Cavanaugh didn't get the job done. He needs to go!!

Yes I dont think he did any of that at all. Also, wasn;t Brunell a sorta coach/mentor as well?

What if they were identified and addressed? You can coach or tutor or instruct someone to your heart's content, but the one on the receiving end of it ultimately has to apply this knowledge.

A QB coach, a QB coach for an OC, and effectively a QB coach for a backup QB. Somehow I don't think Sanchez sucks for a lack of people pointing out what he's doing wrong.

forget reads.....Sanchez' mechanics and footwork have gotten worse this past year. When the fundamentals get worse, thats's on the coach.

Cavanaugh should go. When the prime focus of YOUR JOB is to improve the development of the QB and the subject QB regresses...then you are not doing your job and that means you have to go. No argument here. Its clear as day that MS did not have the jump in the third year and because of that the whole offense suffered. Now some of that is the shotty OC and the leaking O-line but good QB's rise above that. It is clear that based on the QB's performance, Cavanaugh must go.

forget reads.....Sanchez' mechanics and footwork have gotten worse this past year. When the fundamentals get worse, thats's on the coach.

Or both of them. While I don't know that Cavanaugh is the cat's meow of QB coaches, I find it hard - if not impossible - to believe that it was all addressed repeatedly. Or do you think if you pointed it out to him yourself that Cavanaugh would reply, "Wow, would you look at that! I never even noticed!"

Even if it was, it's also an indictment on Sanchez himself that with all the film he allegedly slaves over for hours & hours, he doesn't know where his own friggin' feet are.

Archived