Ty Warren or Kevin Carter?

Alk

Who's the better player RIGHT NOW.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who's the better player RIGHT NOW.

• Ty Warren - Patriots
    • Kevin Carter - Dolphins

I was called a complete moron for saying that I felt Kevin Carter was slightly better than Ty Warren on a Patriots board the other day and would start for the Patriots if we had him. Am I crazy or are they just being homers like I suspect? Make no mistake, I don't think there is a huge difference between the two and if I were to take one I would take Warren just because of his upside but these guys calling me a football moron kind of pissed me off so I just want to see what your guys' opinions are. Before you vote for Carter just because Warren plays for the Patriots, keep in mind that Carter plays for the Dolphins now.

I was called a complete moron for saying that I felt Kevin Carter was slightly better than Ty Warren on a Patriots board the other day and would start for the Patriots if we had him. Am I crazy or are they just being homers like I suspect? Make no mistake, I don't think there is a huge difference between the two and if I were to take one I would take Warren just because of his upside but these guys calling me a football moron kind of pissed me off so I just want to see what your guys' opinions are. Before you vote for Carter just because Warren plays for the Patriots, keep in mind that Carter plays for the Dolphins now.

For now, you have to say Carter. He's versatile as either an edge rusher or he can play inside as a 3-4 DE or even a 4-3 DT. Warren doesnt have a body of work large enough to put him above Carter, and I don't see what the love-fest is with him. Shouldn't Wilfat be held in higher esteem?

For now, you have to say Carter. He's versatile as either an edge rusher or he can play inside as a 3-4 DE or even a 4-3 DT. Warren doesnt have a body of work large enough to put him above Carter, and I don't see what the love-fest is with him. Shouldn't Wilfat be held in higher esteem?

Warren really is a very good 3-4 DE. He's really made huge strides since his rookie season and you could really see it in the playoffs. He doesn't always get the tackles but he was excellent at containing runs to the outside. Wilfork had a decent rookie year but Warren is way ahead of him at this point.

I would agree 80. Right now, you probably take Carter over Warren, but if we are talking thre or more years down the road, Warren is the obvious choice.

Let's not forget, the Patriots DL roles are slightly different then most teams. They are never going to be stat whores like Sapp. There jobs are to make the LBers life easy.

I think if Warren was in another system, he might be a little better then Carter, but right now it remains to be seen. He has shown some brilliant moments, but othertimes he is doing his job and Vrabel, Bruschi, McGinest and Company are wreaking havoc.

I would agree 80. Right now, you probably take Carter over Warren, but if we are talking thre or more years down the road, Warren is the obvious choice.

Let's not forget, the Patriots DL roles are slightly different then most teams. They are never going to be stat whores like Sapp. There jobs are to make the LBers life easy.

I think if Warren was in another system, he might be a little better then Carter, but right now it remains to be seen. He has shown some brilliant moments, but othertimes he is doing his job and Vrabel, Bruschi, McGinest and Company are wreaking havoc.

But you do realize that not everyone can ring up stats in a one gap system like Sapp once did? It is much easier to play DL in a 2 gap system than it is in a one gap. It requires far less skills.

ty warren has never struck me as anything more than slightly better than a JAG - obviously i don't see as much PATS football as the avg PATS fan but that's my impression

That very well could be. The Patriots' 3-4 is either hiding him or holding him back. Like I said above, he has shown some brilliant moments and had some monster games, but at other times he is not heard of much. Of course, that is the design of Belichick's 3-4.

That very well could be. The Patriots' 3-4 is either hiding him or holding him back. Like I said above, he has shown some brilliant moments and had some monster games, but at other times he is not heard of much. Of course, that is the design of Belichick's 3-4.

You are correct PFSIKH.

Warren has a specific role in BB's 3-4 and his improvement this year was evident. And the Pats didn't have to give up two 1st rounders and a 4th to get him. :wink:

He was much more consistent (got blown off the LOS quite a bit his rookie year) this year.

The job he did in the Super Bowl was phenominal. How many times did McNabb get to the outside on Warrens side????

Thought so. :wink:

Archived