Best Available Free Agents

khesanh

Or all the drunk driving.. or the fact that he had the most pathetic football play of the year... watch the video on the link http://www.nfl.com/n...pass-vs-raiders

Brett mistakes happen bro Walking off the field and screaming at your teammates and giving up are not part of Jacksons attitude. Do you think he did that on purpose ? Im not sure thats a good example..... what reason do you have to believe he was not telling the truth when he said he did not see the ball . No sense going back and forth anyhow the Jets wont go for a real WR anyhow they havent since 1996

Brett mistakes happen bro Walking off the field and screaming at your teammates and giving up are not part of Jacksons attitude. Do you think he did that on purpose ? Im not sure thats a good example..... what reason do you have to believe he was not telling the truth when he said he did not see the ball . No sense going back and forth anyhow the Jets wont go for a real WR anyhow they havent since 1996

Yeah he just does holdouts and suspensions...

Seems Brees is probably off the table, but he still hasn't signed on the dotted line. It bears watching-

http://www.theadvert...0321/1006/rss02

Radical idea, but the jets have to get a real QB. SIgn Flynn and cut Sanchez. There's no point waiting for this guy to figure it out. It isn't going to happen.

whats the deal with Flynn? he had one "I must say" Great! Awesome! game, no one can denie that. but it was 1 game.

I think if you're an NFL WR free agent, your ordered list of priorities looks like this:

1. Get huge contract from one of about 25 teams.

--or--

2. Kill self

--or--

3. Sign contract to play with Mark Sanchez for Tony Sparano

Perfectly fine with me this year. I'd rather draft them cheap. The only WR in FA I even kinda sorta want to sign is Doucet, and there's a good chance he prices himself out or they can find someone like him in the draft.

In FA look to grab a TE...Carlson or even go after the Gians' restricted TE Pascoe (he'd be perfectly here actually). Look for WRs in the draft...specific names I'd look at are Alshon Jeffery, Malcolm Floyd, Sanu, Randle, Jairus Wright, and Marvin Jones. To be even more specific from that group I'd look for 2/4 between Jeffery/Floyd/Wright/Jones. Maybe even 3/4. Best thing they could do for Sanchez IMO.

Only FAs to break the bank on are Williams and Campbell...

I think that's exactly his attitude. I live in California, everyone here hates him. He is the west coast Holmes. Wait till you see what happens when he gets a payday.

ok if the guys a dick then scratch him and get someone else just please get someone.

I think that's exactly his attitude. I live in California, everyone here hates him. He is the west coast Holmes. Wait till you see what happens when he gets a payday.

Vince Jackson is as talented as it gets. But he checks out of games for halves at a time; only sometimes fights for the ball; routinely quits against the elite CBs. And this was in a contract year. I can't imagine a worse pickup for the Jets. He would be reviled by this fan base, and rightfully so.

Vince Jackson is as talented as it gets. But he checks out of games for halves at a time; only sometimes fights for the ball; routinely quits against the elite CBs. And this was in a contract year. I can't imagine a worse pickup for the Jets. He would be reviled by this fan base, and rightfully so.

Ok, so Jason's thinking Jets could get around 17M under the cap while restructuring contract including Sanchez's, saving approximately 4M. However if they cut Sanchez 9M is saved, which would add an extra 5M equalling 22M in cap space. Er, all you have to do is start McElroy and you got approximately 22M to go get some of these guys plus the draft.

Yeah, the problem with cutting Sanchez that the $9 million "saved" will have to be paid to his replacement so there isn't much savings in that.

Signing the "best" free agents is not the answer for this team. Spending 70 million on a guard or linebacker will not make this team better.

The key to a successful free agency is signing lower - mid level free agents, undervalued players, who will fit your schemes and produce more than their history.

The Jets would be wise to spread their resources and add depth to both sides of the ball. You can sign a Dlineman like Kendall Langford and a TE like John Carlson, along with a solid backup player or 2 with all the money you'd spend on a Carl Nicks.

Of course Tannenbaum is our GM so he'll play Madden franchise mode and chase the biggest names.

Archived