Prince Fielder to Detroit

Morrissey

9 year contract- he will put up the numbers in Detroit but those long term contracts at so much money as past history shows will backfire in most cases

For ths short term it figures to work out. The Tigers are going to have a great lineup.But the backend is going to be an A-rod-type death march. Difference is A-rdo, for all his faults, can still field a position and is still now average to above average corner IFer.Not worth his salary, but productive other than when he ahs been hurt. I doubt in years 7, 8 and 9 Fielder will be that. If they can win a title or 2, you take it. If not...

For ths short term it figures to work out. The Tigers are going to have a great lineup.But the backend is going to be an A-rod-type death march. Difference is A-rod, for all his faults, can still field a position and is still now average to above average corner IFer.Not worth his salary, but productive other than when he has been hurt. I doubt in years 7, 8 and 9 Fielder will be that. If they can win a title or 2, you take it. If not...

For ths short term it figures to work out. The Tigers are going to have a great lineup.But the backend is going to be an A-rod-type death march. Difference is A-rdo, for all his faults, can still field a position and is still now average to above average corner IFer.Not worth his salary, but productive other than when he ahs been hurt. I doubt in years 7, 8 and 9 Fielder will be that. If they can win a title or 2, you take it. If not...

A-Rod got a 10 year deal at age 32. Prince is 27 and got 9 years.

Fielder is the better first baseman. Think Miggy will like his new DH role? When VMart comes back next season something will have to give.

I stand corrected. Twitter reports in Detroit are stating Miggy himself said he is moving to 3B. Good call.

UUUUGH. While he'll be a 540% better bat than Inge at 3rd, his range will be for dookie. They practiced him at 3B during last year's playoff run with the anticipation of playing him there if they had went to the WS but of course, that didn't happen.

My guess is that Embalming Fluid Leyland will to a degree, rotate the DH with Miggy, Prince, Young, hell maybe even Avila to spell him at catcher.

You won't get an argument out of me that Miggy at 3rd, at his current ahem girth, will be a defensive liability.

He is out this year. Next year they will be in quite a pickle. 3 DH/1B types. That's why Miggy is moving to 3B this year at least part time to get him some experience. That would be my guess.

yeah until the errors start piling up hahaha

they'll TRY it though, it just won't work.

they have a good catcher too....so Vicmar can't even play there when he's back either. Vicmar is only in year 2 of a 4 year deal if i recall.

Archived