Shottie mailed it in...

whodeawhodat

JUST SAW A POST FROM HIS PRESS CONFERENCE WITH ST LOUIS MEDIA SAYING THAT HE KNEW WAS DONE AFTER THE SEASON EVEN BEFORE WE SPIRALED OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS AT THE END OF THE YEAR THIS EXPLAINS A LOT AT LEAST IT DOES TO ME ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH OUR OFFENSE AND ALL THE BAD PERSONAL SH!T GOING ON BETWEEN THE LINE THE QB AND THE RECEIVERS I MEAN THE DOOD CLEARLY CHECKED OUT AS YOU CAN SEE I AM STILL MAD AND I AM STILL SAYING VERY IMPORTANT STUFF SO I MAY POST THIS WAY UNTIL THE DRAFT OR MAYBE UNTIL SOME OF THE FANS ON THIS BOARD ADMIT THAT WE WERE SUCCESSFUL 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS AND IF YOU HAVE A FRONT OFFICE AND OR A HEAD COACH THAT AIM FOR GREATNESS AND TAKE CHANCES THEN THERE IS A BETTER CHANCE OF YOU NOT ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS RATHER THAN AIMING FOR MEDIOCRITY I APPLAUD OUR LEADERS FOR TAKING A SHOT NOT TAKING A SH!T AND SITTING BACK AND DOING NOTHING TAKE RISKS THE GREATER THE RISK THE GREATER THE REWARD I HOPE WE DRAFT A SAFETY IN THIS YEARS DRAFT A REAL GAME CHANGER THAT CAN HANDLE THE GRONK THAT DOOD IS A BEAST

JUST SAW A POST FROM HIS PRESS CONFERENCE WITH ST LOUIS MEDIA SAYING THAT HE KNEW WAS DONE AFTER THE SEASON EVEN BEFORE WE SPIRALED OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS AT THE END OF THE YEAR THIS EXPLAINS A LOT AT LEAST IT DOES TO ME ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH OUR OFFENSE AND ALL THE BAD PERSONAL SH!T GOING ON BETWEEN THE LINE THE QB AND THE RECEIVERS I MEAN THE DOOD CLEARLY CHECKED OUT AS YOU CAN SEE I AM STILL MAD AND I AM STILL SAYING VERY IMPORTANT STUFF SO I MAY POST THIS WAY UNTIL THE DRAFT OR MAYBE UNTIL SOME OF THE FANS ON THIS BOARD ADMIT THAT WE WERE SUCCESSFUL 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS AND IF YOU HAVE A FRONT OFFICE AND OR A HEAD COACH THAT AIM FOR GREATNESS AND TAKE CHANCES THEN THERE IS A BETTER CHANCE OF YOU NOT ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS RATHER THAN AIMING FOR MEDIOCRITY I APPLAUD OUR LEADERS FOR TAKING A SHOT NOT TAKING A SH!T AND SITTING BACK AND DOING NOTHING TAKE RISKS THE GREATER THE RISK THE GREATER THE REWARD I HOPE WE DRAFT A SAFETY IN THIS YEARS DRAFT A REAL GAME CHANGER THAT CAN HANDLE THE GRONK THAT DOOD IS A BEAST

My eyes hurt. Please stop tying in caps.

JUST SAW A POST FROM HIS PRESS CONFERENCE WITH ST LOUIS MEDIA SAYING THAT HE KNEW WAS DONE AFTER THE SEASON EVEN BEFORE WE SPIRALED OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS AT THE END OF THE YEAR THIS EXPLAINS A LOT AT LEAST IT DOES TO ME ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH OUR OFFENSE AND ALL THE BAD PERSONAL SH!T GOING ON BETWEEN THE LINE THE QB AND THE RECEIVERS I MEAN THE DOOD CLEARLY CHECKED OUT

So if Shotty knew he would be gone, why would he mail it in instead of trying to show other teams and coaches that he is a good coordinator? When someone knows they are on the way out and need to impress other people for a new job, they dont just "mail it in"

AS YOU CAN SEE I AM STILL MAD

Yes, I can tell by you screaming.

AND I AM STILL SAYING VERY IMPORTANT STUFF

No you're not. Its a game. We dont get to make decisions. Our input doesnt change what the owner, GM and coaches decide to do. You're a fan. Bitch and moan all you want, but it dont mean squat.

SO I MAY POST THIS WAY UNTIL THE DRAFT OR MAYBE UNTIL SOME OF THE FANS ON THIS BOARD ADMIT THAT WE WERE SUCCESSFUL 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS AND IF YOU HAVE A FRONT OFFICE AND OR A HEAD COACH THAT AIM FOR GREATNESS AND TAKE CHANCES THEN THERE IS A BETTER CHANCE OF YOU NOT ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS RATHER THAN AIMING FOR MEDIOCRITY I APPLAUD OUR LEADERS FOR TAKING A SHOT NOT TAKING A SH!T AND SITTING BACK AND DOING NOTHING TAKE RISKS THE GREATER THE RISK THE GREATER THE REWARD

Uhh... what? Are you blaming this ENTIRE season on Shotty? Dude, lay off the crack pipe. This entire organization is to blame for the disappointing season. Not 1 coach. Not 1 side of the ball. THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION! They all were cocky, thinking they could just turn it on whenever they felt like it and that they were destined for greatness. This season was a huge smack in the balls for Rex & the players. They need to work extra hard to get back to failing in the AFC Championship. Its not easy. And its not 1 person's fault.

I HOPE WE DRAFT A SAFETY IN THIS YEARS DRAFT A REAL GAME CHANGER THAT CAN HANDLE THE GRONK THAT DOOD IS A BEAST

We need a whole lot more than a guy to shut down Gronk.

And whats a DOOD? Is it so difficult to spell Dude? Damn man.

Meds please?

the correct point is that Sanchez has become a scapegoat for the rotten, predictable and out of sync job done by Son of Marty...

Anyhow, thank God the moron has left the building and gone on to ruining Sam Bradford. Hopefully we now have an OC who can actually maximize Mark's strengths (rolling out of the pocket and throwing deep on the run) as opposed to straitjacketing him in a 7 step dropback pocket passing short dumpoff mode that fit the muddled plans of the muddled offensive coordinator

Or he knew he was ******* awful at his job for 5 years prior, including three pre-Sanchez years, just like everyone else knew.

Completely irrelevant. Everyone knew Schotty would go before Sanchez, as soon as it was clear he didn't progress, the writing is on the wall.

People talked about this 2 years ago. It wasn't a surprise.

Completely irrelevant. Everyone knew Schotty would go before Sanchez, as soon as it was clear he didn't progress, the writing is on the wall.

People talked about this 2 years ago. It wasn't a surprise.

It's absolutely relevant when you're trying to blame Sanchez for the guy losing his job no less than 3 years later than he deserved to lose it. I think at this point it's beyond blatantly clear that they both endlessly suck at their respective jobs, both deserve to lose them, and neither one is even slightly deserving of being able to blame the other in the least when it happens. The reason people were talking about this 2 years ago is because many already knew Schotty blew beyond belief at his job going back to before Sanchez ever even put on a Jets jersey, so it was just a matter of time before things caught up with him. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sanchez's fault that over the course of 6 years, Schotty has had both head coaches he's worked for consistently show less and less faith in him, whether it be stripping duties from him and giving them to offensive assistants, or bringing in coaching tutors for him. There's no reason you'd give one guy who's sucked for far longer, that you have much less of an investment in, more than twice as many chances as the other.

All of this is nonsense anyway, and simply Schotty trying to make excuses for how pathetically awful the unit he coached was this past season.

It's absolutely relevant when you're trying to blame Sanchez for the guy losing his job no less than 3 years later than he deserved to lose it. I think at this point it's beyond blatantly clear that they both endlessly suck at their respective jobs, both deserve to lose them, and neither one is even slightly deserving of being able to blame the other in the least when it happens. The reason people were talking about this 2 years ago is because many already knew Schotty blew beyond belief at his job going back to before Sanchez ever even put on a Jets jersey, so it was just a matter of time before things caught up with him. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sanchez's fault that over the course of 6 years, Schotty has had both head coaches he's worked for consistently show less and less faith in him, whether it be stripping duties from him and giving them to offensive assistants, or bringing in coaching tutors for him. There's no reason you'd give one guy who's sucked for far longer, that you have much less of an investment in, more than twice as many chances as the other.

All of this is nonsense anyway, and simply Schotty trying to make excuses for how pathetically awful the unit he coached was this past season.

It isn't relevant, because it's not at all about abilities. Schotty said exactly what we all knew. That he was going down at the end of this year.

If you think they both should be fired, that's great, and probably true. But, Sanchez wasn't fired. He's still here. And there's a reason for that, and it has little to do with who sucks more, and everything to do with the fact that you always kill the OC first.

Abilities never mattered. Schotty was always going down before Sanchez. Always.

It isn't relevant, because it's not at all about abilities. Schotty said exactly what we all knew. That he was going down at the end of this year.

If you think they both should be fired, that's great, and probably true. But, Sanchez wasn't fired. He's still here. And there's a reason for that, and it has little to do with who sucks more, and everything to do with the fact that you always kill the OC first.

Abilities never mattered. Schotty was always going down before Sanchez. Always.

Of course he was, and there's no coherent case that could be made for the opposite to have happened, but that still doesn't make it Sanchez's fault. If you think Schotty's three years worth of failures prior to Sanchez didn't play a significant factor into which one was going to lose their job first, you are deluding yourself. If the timeline for those two was the exact inverse, so would the moves made this offseason. Regardless of how good or bad Sanchez may be, none of that supports the notion that Schotty is blameless for his own firing, that is unless you would like to go back and be sure to assign the blame to Schotty for the various crappy offensive players who have been cut over the past 6 years, since they all lost their jobs prior to their dipsh*t OC.

Obviously Shotty was gonna be gone before Sanchez. 1.) We have a much bigger financial investment in Sanchez. 2.) Shotty has ruined every quarterback we've had since he's been here. If we let go of Sanchez, the next QB to step in would be ruined too. So yeah, Shotty is clearly the one going to take the first blame. Now that he's gone, we can see what the real problem is. If Sanchez fails to progress again, we will cut ties with him and start fresh. After four years, you know what a guy is about. Other great quarterbacks have struggled through their first three years, but if you don't make a significant stride in your fourth, you are probably never going to be a franchise quarterback in this league.

Or, he knew he was the scapegoat for Sanchez before this season.

Just like everyone else knew.

By scapegoat I'm sure you meant true reason (as he was for Pennington, Clemens, and Favre) for Sanchez.

In that case, I agree completely.

MAN do I feel bad for Bradford. He's probably seen his last open WR.

The biggest point of all of this is now we get to see, was it sh*tty or Taco.

If Taco still sucks then we know its not all sh*tty, if Taco plays great then we know sh*tty sucked.

If sh*tty new offence lights it up and Taco sucks then good bye Taco!

Or most likely, it turns out that they both sucked all along, and will continue to suck whether they are doing so together or independently. But it's ok, because now we'll get to hear a whole new list of excuses for their respective suckiness.

Imagine the other 384848282947472 Schitty threads and add conspiracy to it.

Personally, I can't wait until next offseason's inevitable Schitty threads (or at least references to him in the Sanchez threads), when you get to explain to us all why the fact that Sanchez still sucks proves that Schotty really is a great OC, despite the fact that the Rams' offense will be even worse than the Jets. Or if Sanchez somehow actually gets his crap together, how it was really all because of his prior 3 years under the Schitt-meister. It should be fun.

Juste vu un post de sa conférence de presse AVEC ST LOUIS médias disant qu'il savait FAIT APRÈS LA SAISON avant même que nous échappé à tout LES SéRIES à LA FIN DE L'ANNéE, ce qui explique BEAUCOUP MOINS IL NE ME sur ce qui s'est AVEC NOS OFFENSIVE ET TOUS LES MAUVAIS SH PERSONNELLE! T passe entre la ligne Le QB et les récepteurs je veux dire la DOOD CLAIREMENT CHECKED OUT comme vous pouvez voir que je suis toujours MAD ET jE SUIS TOUJOURS DIRE STUFF trÈs important pour que je peut afficher cette façon jusqu'à la PROJET OU PEUT-êTRE jusqu'à ce que certains des fans de ce Conseil admettre que nous avons réussi 2 sur 3 ANS ET SI VOUS AVEZ UN FRONT OFFICE ET OU UN ENTRAÎNEUR-CHEF QUI AIM pour la grandeur et de prendre des risques alors il ya une meilleure chance de ne pas atteindre VOUS VOS OBJECTIFS Plutôt que de viser la médiocrité J'applaudis NOS CHEFS DE PRENDRE UN TIR ne pas prendre un SH! T ET assis et ne rien faire PRENDRE DES RISQUES plus le risque plus le rendement J'espÈre que nous PROJET A LA SECURITE DANS CE PROJET ANS un vrai jeu CHANGEUR qui peut gérer les Gronk QUE DOOD est une bête

Juste vu un post de sa conférence de presse AVEC ST LOUIS médias disant qu'il savait FAIT APRÈS LA SAISON avant même que nous échappé à tout LES SéRIES à LA FIN DE L'ANNéE, ce qui explique BEAUCOUP MOINS IL NE ME sur ce qui s'est AVEC NOS OFFENSIVE ET TOUS LES MAUVAIS SH PERSONNELLE! T passe entre la ligne Le QB et les récepteurs je veux dire la DOOD CLAIREMENT CHECKED OUT comme vous pouvez voir que je suis toujours MAD ET jE SUIS TOUJOURS DIRE STUFF trÈs important pour que je peut afficher cette façon jusqu'à la PROJET OU PEUT-êTRE jusqu'à ce que certains des fans de ce Conseil admettre que nous avons réussi 2 sur 3 ANS ET SI VOUS AVEZ UN FRONT OFFICE ET OU UN ENTRAÎNEUR-CHEF QUI AIM pour la grandeur et de prendre des risques alors il ya une meilleure chance de ne pas atteindre VOUS VOS OBJECTIFS Plutôt que de viser la médiocrité J'applaudis NOS CHEFS DE PRENDRE UN TIR ne pas prendre un SH! T ET assis et ne rien faire PRENDRE DES RISQUES plus le risque plus le rendement J'espÈre que nous PROJET A LA SECURITE DANS CE PROJET ANS un vrai jeu CHANGEUR qui peut gérer les Gronk QUE DOOD est une bête

Well would you look at that, you can speak the Mexican just like that there Jets quarterback!

Well would you look at that, you can speak the Mexican just like that there Jets quarterback!

Acabo de ver un post de su conferencia de prensa con San Luis medios de comunicación diciendo que sabía que hacer después de la TEMPORADA incluso antes de que una espiral fuera de los playoffs AL FINAL DEL AÑO Esto explica mucho menos lo hace conmigo sobre lo que ocurrió con nuestra DELITO Y TODOS LOS SH PERSONAL MAL! T pasa entre la línea El mariscal de campo y los receptores me refiero a la DOOD CLARAMENTE Desprotegido como se puede ver SIGO MAD Y SIGO DICIENDO COSAS MUY importante, así que puedes subir esta manera hasta que PROYECTO O tal vez hasta algunos de los aficionados en esta Junta admitir que tuvieron éxito 2 de cada 3 AÑOS Y SI USTED TIENE UNA OFICINA * *un entrenador que apunten a la grandeza y tomar riesgos entonces no hay una mejor oportunidad de NO LOGRO SUS METAS Más que buscar la mediocridad Aplaudo a nuestros líderes por Lanzar no tomar un SH! T Y sentarse y no hacer nada TOMAR RIESGOS mayor es el riesgo mayor es la recompensa que espero que ELABORAR UN PROYECTO DE SEGURIDAD EN ESTE AÑOS un juego real CAMBIADOR que puede manejar el Gronk DOOD QUE ES UNA BESTIA

Personally, I can't wait until next offseason's inevitable Schitty threads (or at least references to him in the Sanchez threads), when you get to explain to us all why the fact that Sanchez still sucks proves that Schotty really is a great OC, despite the fact that the Rams' offense will be even worse than the Jets. Or if Sanchez somehow actually gets his crap together, how it was really all because of his prior 3 years under the Schitt-meister. It should be fun.

There will be great cat pics.

I MEAN THE DOOD CLEARLY CHECKED OUT AS YOU CAN SEE I AM STILL MAD AND I AM STILL SAYING VERY IMPORTANT STUFF SO I MAY POST THIS WAY UNTIL THE DRAFT OR MAYBE UNTIL SOME OF THE FANS ON THIS BOARD ADMIT THAT WE WERE SUCCESSFUL 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS AND IF YOU HAVE A FRONT OFFICE AND OR A HEAD COACH THAT AIM FOR GREATNESS AND TAKE CHANCES THEN THERE IS A BETTER CHANCE OF YOU NOT ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS RATHER THAN AIMING FOR MEDIOCRITY I APPLAUD OUR LEADERS FOR TAKING A SHOT NOT TAKING A SH!T AND SITTING BACK AND DOING NOTHING TAKE RISKS THE GREATER THE RISK THE GREATER THE REWARD I HOPE WE DRAFT A SAFETY IN THIS YEARS DRAFT A REAL GAME CHANGER THAT CAN HANDLE THE GRONK THAT DOOD IS A BEAST

It's hard to comment on this thread because I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. I don't think Schottenheimer checked out, as you say, I think he just wasn't very good at his job. If you're old like me, you'd remember how Marty Schottenheimer's Chiefs for several years almost always got the number 1 seed in the AFC, and then would lose in the divisional round of the playoffs. It was usually because they had a great defense, but we're terrible and extremely on offense and found that when the other team took the lead in a playoff game, the Chiefs offense was so bad that it couldn't catch up. Anyway, Brian can go back to making pizzas or workign the mail room for some company whatever he was doing before he became a coach. Sparano's now the guy under the microscope.

Acabo de ver un post de su conferencia de prensa con San Luis medios de comunicación diciendo que sabía que hacer después de la TEMPORADA incluso antes de que una espiral fuera de los playoffs AL FINAL DEL AÑO Esto explica mucho menos lo hace conmigo sobre lo que ocurrió con nuestra DELITO Y TODOS LOS SH PERSONAL MAL! T pasa entre la línea El mariscal de campo y los receptores me refiero a la DOOD CLARAMENTE Desprotegido como se puede ver SIGO MAD Y SIGO DICIENDO COSAS MUY importante, así que puedes subir esta manera hasta que PROYECTO O tal vez hasta algunos de los aficionados en esta Junta admitir que tuvieron éxito 2 de cada 3 AÑOS Y SI USTED TIENE UNA OFICINA * *un entrenador que apunten a la grandeza y tomar riesgos entonces no hay una mejor oportunidad de NO LOGRO SUS METAS Más que buscar la mediocridad Aplaudo a nuestros líderes por Lanzar no tomar un SH! T Y sentarse y no hacer nada TOMAR RIESGOS mayor es el riesgo mayor es la recompensa que espero que ELABORAR UN PROYECTO DE SEGURIDAD EN ESTE AÑOS un juego real CAMBIADOR que puede manejar el Gronk DOOD QUE ES UNA BESTIA

I AM NOT DOWN WITH THE VERBIAGE I AM NOT EVEN SURE IF ITS REAL I DONT THINK THAT DOOD CAN BE TRANSLATED INTO ESPANOL OR FRANCAIS BUT MY POINT STILL STANDS AND I DONT THINK THAT ANYONE CAN ARGUE THAT THE INMATES RAN THE ASSYLUM ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL THOSE INMATES INCLUDE #554543536 FORMERLY OF RIKERS OWN PLAX AND OUR ONE AND ONLY OWN TONE TIME THE OC COULDNT RUN THE SHOW ON THAT SIDE OF THE BALL AND HE LOST ALL INTEREST OF TRYING TO REIGN THESE 2 SLUMP DOG MILLIONAIRES WHILE THEY WERE POUTING TOGETHER ON THE SIDELINES OR MAYBE EVEN TRYING TO THROW ONE OF THOSE PLAY CHARTS IN FRONT OF TEH SANCHIZES FACE TO HAVE HIM LOOK AT THE LAST SERIES OF PLAYS OFF OF ONE ONE THOSE SIDELINE PRINTER JOBBIE JOBS THAT THEY HAVE AVAILABLE ON MOST NFL SIDELINES I AM PRETTY SURE THAT THE JETS CAN HAVE THOSE READY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE WOULD WANT TO COME OFF THE FIELD AND STARE INTO SPACE RATHER THAN LOOK AT HOW EVERYONE LINED UP AND WTF HAPPENED AND WHY THE EFF YOU GOT BLOWN THE FVCK UP ON THE PREVIOUS SERIES JUST NOT SURE HOW STARING OFF LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO PINCH A LOAF REALLY HELPS TO BE HONEST I WOULD RATHER READ A BOOK OR EVEN LOOK AT SOME CHARTS WHILE I DROP A DUECE BUT I GUESS SOME DOODS JUST WERENT TAUGHT ANY BETTER YOU GUYS CAN KEEP BLAMING REX SINCE HE IS THE HC BUT WHEN YOU HAVE 2 GUYS NOT GIVING A RATS ARSE WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN A GAME THEN IT IS HARD TO WIN A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL GAME THAT IS JUST THE REALITY OF IT AND SHOTTIE FAILED BIG TIME REX GETS A BYE SINCE IT IS HIS 3RD YEAR AS A HC IN MY BOOK IF YOU GUYS WANT TO THROW HIM UNDER THE BUS GOOD LUCK WITH OUR NEXT COACH HOPE HE PRODUCES A SB IN 3 YEARS SINCE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR SOME OF THE GOOD FOLKS ON THIS MB SH!T WE EVEN WON PLAYOFF GAMES IN BOTH OF THOSE YEARS MUST HAVE BEEN LUCK SINCE OUR GM AND COACH ARE TOTAL FAIL AMIRITE

Of course he was, and there's no coherent case that could be made for the opposite to have happened, but that still doesn't make it Sanchez's fault. If you think Schotty's three years worth of failures prior to Sanchez didn't play a significant factor into which one was going to lose their job first, you are deluding yourself. If the timeline for those two was the exact inverse, so would the moves made this offseason. Regardless of how good or bad Sanchez may be, none of that supports the notion that Schotty is blameless for his own firing, that is unless you would like to go back and be sure to assign the blame to Schotty for the various crappy offensive players who have been cut over the past 6 years, since they all lost their jobs prior to their dipsh*t OC.

I didn't say Schotty was blameless. I'm arguing the premise that he "mailed it in" because he knew he was going to be gone and that was why the offense stunk, which is the thesis of this thread.

You should also disagree with that premise because it indicates that Schotty could have been better, but he was too sad, rather than the fact that he just wasn't good.

I'm just going to say this in advance. When I bring up Schotty next year, it will not be to prove he's good. But to mock those who use him as an excuse for Sanchez's poor play.

Just clearing the air on that one.

I didn't say Schotty was blameless. I'm arguing the premise that he "mailed it in" because he knew he was going to be gone and that was why the offense stunk, which is the thesis of this thread.

You should also disagree with that premise because it indicates that Schotty could have been better, but he was too sad, rather than the fact that he just wasn't good.

Well I didn't even bother giving any credence to the original premise because if there were any truth behind that he would never have gotten another job in the NFL as long as he lived. Not to mention, as SMC pointed out earlier, given his offseason extension there's little to support the idea of him definitely being gone after this season from back before the season had started. At least not any more so than any of the 3 prior seasons. Besides, the entire premise seems to be a bit contradictory considering it revolves around the idea that Schotty's firing was based on the offense sucking, and the offense sucking was because of him not really trying, and him not trying was due to him knowing he was going to be fired. That would be what we call circular reasoning.

Archived