Rich Gannon: NFL quarterbacks aren't being taught well enough

Beaver

The article speaks more about Cavanaugh's failure to properly coach Sanchez than anything else. Brady works with his personal QB coach all the time all year long. The Jets should look at Gannon and see if he would be interested in coaching Sanchez.

I'm pretty sure that would make the Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei episode from Kill Bill look like a scene from Romper Room.

I can. I really expected the Jets to take a step back before they stepped forward. I'm surprised they managed to repeat the AFC championship appearance in 2010. I don't blame Schottenheimer for all the turnovers, but I think that an offense actually designed to simply compliment the defense and a few tweaks on the D could result in them being a legit contender. Remember that as late as week 15 the Jets were considered to be in much better shape than the Giants.

Fair point. Ryan like his dad wants HIS DEFENSE to win the game, and merely wants the offense not to make mistakes. Not sure that works any more in what is now a passing league. There have been too many games here under Ryan that involved improbable comebacks necessitated by the offense not doing anything all 1st half. It's as if the plan is indifference to scoring. It's too low a margin for error. Which is why ulitmately games are now won and lsot on superior QB play.

In short, Ground and Pound is retarded.

WHat's comical is you talking football

The same guy that predicted the Jets to win the East this year, and the Pats to go to sh1t

Unlike you, 1 poor season is not the final nail in the coffin for me with Mark...I saw enough in 2010 to say the guy has the "it" factor, and am not worried whatsoever that he's the QB for the future for this team.

Where is this 1 poor season business coming from? It's 3.. 3 bad seasons... the other years the defense and the running game were good enough to hide it and allow us to sneak in playoffs

Where is this 1 poor season business coming from? It's 3.. 3 bad seasons... the other years the defense and the running game were good enough to hide it and allow us to sneak in playoffs

2010 was not a bad season. Years one and three were horrific at times however. At any rate, if you are the GM/HC are you cutting bait on your QB after three years or are you taking another look next season?

2010 was not a bad season. Years one and three were horrific at times however. At any rate, if you are the GM/HC are you cutting bait on your QB after three years or are you taking another look next season?

If I can sign Manning for 2 years or matt Flynn for longer, I'm cutting bait. Now. Today. March 1st.Soon.

What's the upside of Pick 6; Sanchez becomes merely mediocre?IHe isn't getting it done. Wasting another season is pointless. Ryan may be very secure, but Tannebaum hasn't exactly lit the lamp in the draft.

If I can sign Manning for 2 years or matt Flynn for longer, I'm cutting bait. Now. Today. March 1st.Soon.

What's the upside of Pick 6; Sanchez becomes merely mediocre?IHe isn't getting it done. Wasting another season is pointless. Ryan may be very secure, but Tannebaum hasn't exactly lit the lamp in the draft.

Guess U didnt hear soprano will fix MS by having him handoff 40x a game

Guess U didnt hear soprano will fix MS by having him handoff 40x a game

Ground and Pound is like investing in a beeper company or Blockbuster.

Tony Soprano might at least smack Pick 6 in the face. Sparano, not so much. But I'm sympathetic; that typo figures to be a common occurrence. I would bet I'll do it within a week.

Fair point. Ryan like his dad wants HIS DEFENSE to win the game, and merely wants the offense not to make mistakes. Not sure that works any more in what is now a passing league. There have been too many games here under Ryan that involved improbable comebacks necessitated by the offense not doing anything all 1st half. It's as if the plan is indifference to scoring. It's too low a margin for error. Which is why ulitmately games are now won and lsot on superior QB play.

In short, Ground and Pound is retarded.

Retarded like a fox.

How many teams are trying it? It has made it to the Final Four for the Jets and 49ers. I don't think you can win if you can't pass at all, but shortening the game, keeping it close until the end and then being able to pull it out is the only way a team without a top QB is going to beat one with. There are plenty of teams running these throw first QB offenses, but the only ones that work have a HOF level player pulling the trigger. I will stick with the defense and see what happens. I feel that there is too much risk that Flynn will be another Kolb and I will be interested to see how Sanchez performs with the new OC. The mistakes Sanchez had this year were insanely frustrating, so we say he regressed, but I don't think his numbers were worse. I will be happy to go to war this year with the same basic team with a few changes - some speed at LB and S, new RT, change among the WR group.

Retarded like a fox.

How many teams are trying it? It has made it to the Final Four for the Jets and 49ers. I don't think you can win if you can't pass at all, but shortening the game, keeping it close until the end and then being able to pull it out is the only way a team without a top QB is going to beat one with. There are plenty of teams running these throw first QB offenses, but the only ones that work have a HOF level player pulling the trigger. I will stick with the defense and see what happens. I feel that there is too much risk that Flynn will be another Kolb and I will be interested to see how Sanchez performs with the new OC. The mistakes Sanchez had this year were insanely frustrating, so we say he regressed, but I don't think his numbers were worse. I will be happy to go to war this year with the same basic team with a few changes - some speed at LB and S, new RT, change among the WR group.

And the objective evidence since the Ravens won in 2001 is.......?

I'll give you the answer-nonexistent.

We LOST 2 conference title games-just like the Niners and Ravens this year. Your margin for error is to small. Something always goes wrong.

Ground and Pound is fool's gold. I like Rex. But I hope Gorund and Pound is merely a concession to having a sucky QB rather than a governing ideal.

Sanchez blows. Another year of this is pointless.

And the objective evidence since the Ravens won in 2001 is.......?

I'll give you the answer-nonexistent.

We LOST 2 conference title games-just like the Niners and Ravens this year. Your margin for error is to small. Something always goes wrong.

Ground and Pound is fool's gold. I like Rex. But I hope Gorund and Pound is merely a concession to having a sucky QB rather than a governing ideal.

Sanchez blows. Another year of this is pointless.

I agree

go BUGG OFF and root for a team you don't HATE already

I agree

go BUGG OFF and root for a team you don't HATE already

To late for me. Got infected with A Joe WIllie jersey for Christmas as a tyke. Almost wish I could encoruage my boys to be Giants fans, but it;s too late for them too.But I'm not gonna for a second have REAL FANS tell me off. If your idea of being a fan is being an uncritiical unthinking dolt,to sit there and watch silly stupid football without saying anything, I cannot stop you. But with 43 years with our noses pressed against the glass pardon me if it pisses me off that once again our 2 biggest rivals are playing in the Super Bowl. And if you want to go on pretending Ground and Pound will work against clear evidence it doesn't win, go ahead. Again I cannot stop you for being a dope. But you have been warned.

I've upset the Same Old Jet Fans Gloom and Doom Club...

give my regards to your spiritual leader, Mr Wallow in Misery himself, Joe Benigno

You are such a better fan than any of us, Mr. Norman Vincent Freaking Jets Fan Peale.

You are such a good person.

Good for you.

Yay Jets! Go team! Yippee!

Newsflash, young man-all your positive happytalk doesn't do a damn thing to win football games. But if it makes you feel better. But remember feel and think are 2 different verbs. SOme of us prefer the latter. Get your a$$ to Modell's or Rheebok for all the 50% off Jets stuff today.

I've upset the Same Old Jet Fans Gloom and Doom Club...

give my regards to your spiritual leader, Mr Wallow in Misery himself, Joe Benigno

Beats being dual president of the "I like Mark Sanchez more than I like the NY Jets" and "I don't actually care if the Jets actually win (or even get to) a superbowl and I'm just as happy rooting for a loser" clubs.

Pretty long name you selected for the second one, but at least you're honest I suppose.

Archived