Jets West in planning stages

JetNation

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the whole thing makes me wonder if Sanchez would rather just be a QB in a warm weather town. He doesn't seem all that happy to be a New York Jet.

He says all the time he loves being the QB of the Jets.....Seems like this Jets West thing has become a bit of a tradition. Most players go back to their hometowns after the season. Do you think Brett Favre stayed in GB in the offseason? WHat about Penny....he always went back to Sarasota

It's understandable people are down on Sanchez, but you can't abort the process while he matures...he's showm enough to give him the opportunity to right the ship. He will, I'm confident in that

He says all the time he loves being the QB of the Jets.....Seems like this Jets West thing has become a bit of a tradition. Most players go back to their hometowns after the season. Do you think Brett Favre stayed in GB in the offseason? WHat about Penny....he always went back to Sarasota

It's understandable people are down on Sanchez, but you can't abort the process while he matures...he's showm enough to give him the opportunity to right the ship. He will, I'm confident in that

...and Rex says we are going to win the Super Bowl every year. I'm starting to think their both full of sh1t

SAnchez pisses me off, no doubt, but how are we giving the guy flack for setting up, paying for, and leading a camp so that he and his recievers can work together and bond a bit as teammates? If he's done anything right, its showing leadership with these Jets-West camps. I respect him and his family for taking it upon themselves to create an atmosphere of comeraderie (especially after this season's locker-room issues). Now, lets hope Tannenbaum doesn't cut, trade and/or realease every reciever that attends. (sorry Cotchery, Smith, Edwards).

Then when the three pic a day training camp minimum starts it will be because Sparano sucks.

It's a godsend for the soccer moms.He's evinced no ability to develop a QB, he looks like Luigi, and to top it all off he spent 3+ years as a Dolphin. This buys us another year of excuses, minimum.

Once we get you some WR's, a new right side to your Oline and development staff you'll be just fine bro.

See?

It's a godsend for the soccer moms.He's evinced no ability to develop a QB, he looks like Luigi, and to top it all off he spent 3+ years as a Dolphin. This buys us another year of excuses, minimum.

See?

Agreed. What's your feeling on Uncle Rico? think he has what it takes to push Sanchez. I'm positive if coach put him in the 4th quarter they would have taken states.

Sanchez is broken and I fear unfixable-I'd rather he start his west coast workouts for a WEST COAST TEAM-maybe the Seahawks-I'll take Peyton Manning and his questionable status over Mark Sanchez and his crappy play-that guy cost the Jets on an average of over 8 points a game last season-look it up-between pick 6's and fumbles, turnovers that directly led to scores. He's too much of a liability and no WAY should he just be HANDED the Jets starting job either way-he hasn't "earned" it-and I don't care what playoff appearances are cited...he hasn't

Sanchez is broken and I fear unfixable

question, gloom and doom

was Alex Smith "broken and unfixable" last offseason??? After all he was the number one pick in the draft and had been a piece of crap for five or six seasons.... Then the Niners brought in a new offensive plan with Harbaugh and

poof, magic -- AN ALL PRO

question, gloom and doom

was Alex Smith "broken and unfixable" last offseason??? After all he was the number one pick in the draft and had been a piece of crap for five or six seasons.... Then the Niners brought in a new offensive plan with Harbaugh and

who were you over on Jets Insider? Did you come here to create some kind of division among Jets fans by classifying us into categories? Seems like I saw that same movie playing over on JI during the Pennington years-it's old, it's boring, it's frigging stupid. I said it before, I'm a Jets fan-not a Jets PLAYER fan-i could care less WHO the QB is as long as he doesn't suck-like Sanchez does-any QB that spots the opposition two scores a game should NOT be the QB of the team I have been rooting for since before you were ever even considered to be among the walking around on this planet

I wish he'd just stay in friggen NJ and work out at the facility (or nearby) for the offseason

I'm 100% positive that in the ONE offseason that Sanchez was allowed to stay and use the facility's he did, he might have taken a week or 2 here and there, but for the most part Sanchez was at Floram Park rehabbing, and TRYING to learn the Jets offense, Jets west wasn't held that year till the break between the last minicamp and training camp, Mark got the guys to come out for a couple of days, they went to a Lakers game, and the ESPY's, while doing some light throwing. Last year he was not allowed at Floram Park due to the lockout, he got some guys to Jets west, I also believe there was another camp he held that was not so public.

Killing him for this is just piling on, I for one am glad he is trying to get the O players back on the same page. I'm also pretty sure Mark will spend a lot of time at Floraham Park this offseason as soon as the team (coaches and what not) gets back to work, most guys are on vacation, which is much needed to get your head cleared.

Has Mark been great hell no! Has he showed some promise? At times. Does he need to improve by leaps and bounds? Hell Yes! Can he do it? We can only find out by giving him a chance, that's up to the Jets FO, and coaches to decide.

I'm 100% positive that in the ONE offseason that Sanchez was allowed to stay and use the facility's he did, he might have taken a week or 2 here and there, but for the most part Sanchez was at Floram Park rehabbing, and TRYING to learn the Jets offense, Jets west wasn't held that year till the break between the last minicamp and training camp, Mark got the guys to come out for a couple of days, they went to a Lakers game, and the ESPY's, while doing some light throwing. Last year he was not allowed at Floram Park due to the lockout, he got some guys to Jets west, I also believe there was another camp he held that was not so public.

Killing him for this is just piling on, I for one am glad he is trying to get the O players back on the same page. I'm also pretty sure Mark will spend a lot of time at Floraham Park this offseason as soon as the team (coaches and what not) gets back to work, most guys are on vacation, which is much needed to get your head cleared.

Has Mark been great hell no! Has he showed some promise? At times. Does he need to improve by leaps and bounds? Hell Yes! Can he do it? We can only find out by giving him a chance, that's up to the Jets FO, and coaches to decide.

I hope he gets to do some learning how to be a real NFL QB while watching Peyton Manning teaching him how for the last 3-4 years of his career as the Jets starting QB-yea then I'd be real curious to see what he has learned-until then I hope I don't have to watch him line up behind Nick Mangold until say the 2016 season starts

Too funny... If Sanchez's upside is Alex Smith-Year 7, then you absolutely cut him now.

Alex Smith and the 49ers were the 29th ranked passing offense and 26th overall. He threw for under 200 yards per game, and 20 yards less than Sanchez per game...

So, here's hoping we can get there in a few years!

who were you over on Jets Insider? Did you come here to create some kind of division among Jets fans by classifying us into categories? Seems like I saw that same movie playing over on JI during the Pennington years-it's old, it's boring, it's frigging stupid. I said it before, I'm a Jets fan-not a Jets PLAYER fan-i could care less WHO the QB is as long as he doesn't suck-like Sanchez does-any QB that spots the opposition two scores a game should NOT be the QB of the team I have been rooting for since before you were ever even considered to be among the walking around on this planet

You have been a fan of the laundry for a long time, and all your points, and frustration are more than valid. That being said you know these "franchise QB's don't grow on trees the Jets tried to get one, is he a franchise QB? At the moment he sure as hell doesn't look like one. If the Jets can't acquire a Peyton Manning this offseason the only shot at having a QB that is a possible franchise QB IMO is Sanchez, we don't have the 1st or 2nd pick to get Luck or RGIII, and all the other options have proved over a longer time they are not franchise QB's.

The Jets made this bed, unfortunately we as fans of the laundry have to lye in it.

Sanchez is only 25, Rodgers was 26 when he became the QB he is today, Eli was also 26, Brees the same.

I'm not saying Sanchez will be one of these guys, he could become the David Carr, Tim Couch, ect... Type of busts, I just feel like the Jets are obligated to see this through, it is the risk of drafting these guys this high.

Say the Jets do cut their ties with Sanchez, and he becomes Drew Brees like, I for one will be real ******* pissed.

Some times you need to be patient, sometimes it pays off, and some times it doesn't.

Our anger as Jets fans really should be directed at the FO for drafting a possible "Franchise QB" in 2009, the Jets had a win now team with a 2 year window, they should have put in place a QB that could have had a better chance of seizing that opportunity, whether it was begging Favre to come back in 09, or putting in a true game manager who could protect the ball, and make the occasional play.

The 2009, and 2010 teams were good enough to win the SB even with Sanchez, they might have just done it with a QB who helped us get more regular season wins in 2009, and 2010, for possible home field (specifically 2009 that was our best roster, and the year the Pats were the weakest).

Unfortunately it seems the window has passed where the Jets could win with a D, and a running game the roster is older and less talented, this is when we need a top QB to get over that hump, we are pressed against the cap, and will need much more from the QB, like I said if we don't get a Manning, their is no one else available to be that guy, our only shot is for Sanchez to become that guy, it's unlikely but I wouldn't put it at impossible.

You know more than most it just sucks being a Jets fan.

the whole thing makes me wonder if Sanchez would rather just be a QB in a warm weather town. He doesn't seem all that happy to be a New York Jet.

With assholes for 'fans', I don't blame him.

Not you specifically, just with the way he gets dumped on by seemingly everyone right now.

question, gloom and doom

Finally some sanity

With assholes for 'fans', I don't blame him.

Not you specifically, just with the way he gets dumped on by seemingly everyone right now.

Don't you think that there may be some reason that the majority finds reason to criticize him? Or do you assume that you in the minority are one of the few elite who is capable of seeing the diamond in the turd.

question, gloom and doom

Finally some sanity

He wasn't an all-pro, not even close. He threw for less TDs and yards than Sanchez did. He just didn't screw up, as he only threw 5 INTS all year (compared to Sanchize's 18). Ala Sanchez of 2009/2010. I am sure the fans who think Smith lead the 49ers to the playoffs also think Sanchez lead us to the AFC championship game. Superb running game and dominant defense had nothing to do with it.

Broadway Joe Willie Namath here's Joe's stats....is this what you want?

Namath retired after playing in 140 games: 62 wins, 63 losses and 4 ties. In his career he threw 173 touchdowns, 220 interceptions, and completed 1,886 passes for 27,663 yards.[2] During his thirteen years in the AFL and NFL he played for two division champions (the 1968 and 1969 AFL East Champion Jets, earned one league championship (1968 AFL Championship), and one "world championship" (Super Bowl III).

Mark Sanchez does not have Joe’s arm BUT he has won more playoff games (4) than Joe, or for that matter any Jet QB. Joe was NOT THAT GREAT his first three years! 37 TD's - 70 INT's - 1302 Att's - 654 Comp's - 50%

Comon' Man GIVE MARK a pass, at least for this year..look what the kid has accomplished over his first three years! Back in 1965, 66 and 67 we gave Joe a pass even after the first 5 games in 1968 when he threw 12 more int's we still cheered for the JETS and Joe Willie....What do you say IF next year we win the Super Bowl????? We won inspite of Sanchez...Comon' Man

AND I still like my women Blonde and my Johnnie Walker Red :)

Don't you think that there may be some reason that the majority finds reason to criticize him? Or do you assume that you in the minority are one of the few elite who is capable of seeing the diamond in the turd.

of course, there is a reason which the poster KS Jets in the post you are attacking gloomily very clearly and very accurately stated. If you want to see a specific example of what he described -- look in the mirror

I hope he gets to do some learning how to be a real NFL QB while watching Peyton Manning teaching him how for the last 3-4 years of his career as the Jets starting QB-yea then I'd be real curious to see what he has learned-until then I hope I don't have to watch him line up behind Nick Mangold until say the 2016 season starts

That would be the perfect scenario, but they couldn't afford both on the salary cap, and Sanchez only has 2 years left and would probably bolt.

The only way I can see both Manning, and Sanchez here is if the Jets gamble for a 2nd time on Sanchez, by offering him a new 5 year deal that has very small cap hits the 1st 2 years, and then monster numbers the back 3. Also Sanchez would have to be on board for that, and I couldn't see him doing that after being a starter for 3 years, and knowing the Jets would release him if he didn't change his current contract.

of course, there is a reason which the poster KS Jets in the post you are attacking gloomily very clearly and very accurately stated. If you want to see a specific example of what he described -- look in the mirror

Good thing you responded when I was speaking directly to someone else. I'll play along, troll.

I didn't attack him, I asked a question. Nope, he didn't "very accurately" state anything when I was asking for him to elaborate.

So you just called me an "a$$hole"? Cute. I am sure the mods will figure out you're a garbage troll with your garbage attacks. Truth be told, you make me smile cause your ill attempts show what sort of mouth breather you actually are.

Archived