We have the worst WR corps in the leauge..

GlennFoley

In terms of production.. Make all the excuses you want, but Coles and McCariens have been BUSTS this year.. Coles is a slot reciever at this point of his career IMO, and McCariens is a #4 or #5 reciever.. We need to sign someone like Reggie Wayne, and cut ties with these 2 bums..

In terms of production.. Make all the excuses you want, but Coles and McCariens have been BUSTS this year.. Coles is a slot reciever at this point of his career IMO, and McCariens is a #4 or #5 reciever.. We need to sign someone like Reggie Wayne, and cut ties with these 2 bums..

How can any WR be productive in this offense?

With this many BAD QB's?

JMac Blows more than Monica L, this 2nd rd pick could have been used on OL

Coles is a good WR, was better b4 foot injury. Will have a good day vs Pukes secondary

Jericho should have been starting since game 1, you know the deal with Hermie!!!

Oh please Coles isn't even close to the same player he was in 2002.. He can't make that catch in traffic anymore, and he can't go vertical..

We don't have NFL calibur WR's on this team..

coles is a great #2..

he's the best wr on the team..

The jets have VERY little talent on offense..

Martin..end of the road

o line blows (two starters who never even played o line 4 years ago!)

QB's suck

so many holes to fill but it would be nice to have ONE playmaker on the team...we need to draft Bush

Oh please Coles isn't even close to the same player he was in 2002.. He can't make that catch in traffic anymore, and he can't go vertical..

We don't have NFL calibur WR's on this team..

i agree that he is not the same player, he is still a decent WR.. call him average if you must..my bad

And we don't have a NFL caliber QB on the roster either

Whioch is also the reason Dinger can't do anything with this offense. He doesn't have the personal to do anything he wants to.

He can't even get the OL to block for the love of god,how can he run his offense?

And we don't have a NFL caliber QB on the roster either

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Exactly, you can't really make that claim right now. I don't think WR's can carry an offense as much as you would like to believe, there are just too many pieces that need to be in place forthe receiver to even have a ball thrown there way. i will admit that J-pus has developed Santana's alligator arms at times and that he doesn't seem to get ANY separation lately but that's all. [-X

We should have cut Chrebet and given Cotchery his opportunity in training camp. This guy is a very good player and the fact he couldn't get on the field because of Chrebet is a joke.

I am not blaming Chrebet; it is not his fault, it is the fault of this clueless HC. Coles and Cotchery will make for a very good tandem and if we can get a receiver with some speed who can stretch the field, our receiver corp will be above average. JMac has had a down season but I think he is better than he has performed this year.

Again, as everyone has said, our oline and qb problems have made our receivers look worse than they are.

This offense needs an infusion of youth. We haven't drafted a WR higher than the 3rd round since 1996. I know we traded a 2nd for McCarriens but that was just Bradway getting his lunch money stolen again. And we traded for C Mart about 8 years ago. This is the reason I'm begining to like the Bush more and more. There just needs to be an infusion of youth and hopefully these coaches can really coach.

But to the original point I agree with YOu Foley - Coles and McCarriend suck. Coles is an excellent slot WR and an ok 2. I question whether McCarriens should be on the roster.

How can you make this assessment? They both had no QB and a new OC. Not the easiest of situations to suceed under.

What has McCariens done in his 2 years here besides drop balls? I can get anyone to do that. And he has played for this OC in the past.

What has McCariens done in his 2 years here besides drop balls? I can get anyone to do that.

Who has been here in 2 yrs who can throw a decent NFL caliber pass?

In all honesty...the entire offense is working with less the NFL caliber talent @ the QB spot.

Running curtis martin till he dies ins't to showcase how good he is...it's to hide the fact Chad pennington isn't a NFL Qb and isn't worth the LARGE CHUCK OF COIN they threw at him.

We are in serious trouble if we don't get a QB or RB this yr,somewhere.

And he has played for this OC in the past.

Yes. With a competent QB and a TE and an Oline who can run this offense. Cause right now...we don't have the personal to do what Dinger wants here. He is just going thru the motions here. They all are.

You seriously think Dinger is putting in 40 hrs this week trying to get bollywood to grasp the offensive gameplan for NE?

Either way...noway Jmac or anybody in this offense can be judged fairly this season...without taking into consideration the 10 IR's we have and the holes Terry bradway never filled in the offseason.

It doesn't matter if John Elway is playing QB or my 5 year old. If it hits you on the hands you are supposed to catch it. All McCariens has done is drop balls like that since arriving. Also if you want to be considered an NFL caliber WR you need to beat a defense deep once in a while. How many 100 yard games does this loser have? And your analysis of a WR needing a QB to be succesful is actually the oposite of the truth. See D Culpepper, D McNabb and others without thier top weapon and see K Collins with a healthy R Moss. Just another excuse for bradway making a sh*tty pick or trade.

Go take a look at all the very good/great WRs that are having good seasons this year.

None of them have gone through 3+ different QBs in 1 season.

QB is the most important position on the field. We know Coles is a really good player, too bad we dont have a good QB.

Glennfoley, you're really the biggest moron. And how can anybody say Coles is just a slot WR? Stupid comments like that, did you happen to know he made the probowl 2 years ago as the redskins #1 WR. Jesus christ people, stop overreacting.

Go take a look at all the very good/great WRs that are having good seasons this year.

None of them have gone through 3+ different QBs in 1 season.

QB is the most important position on the field. We know Coles is a really good player, too bad we dont have a good QB.

Glennfoley, you're really the biggest moron. And how can anybody say Coles is just a slot WR? Stupid comments like that, did you happen to know he made the probowl 2 years ago as the redskins #1 WR. Jesus christ people, stop overreacting.

Really Barton? Wtf did Coles do that was so great in Washington last year and wtf has McCarriens ever done in a Jet uniform excluding one play against the 4-12 Browns.

As with 99.5% of Foleys posts - this one is too stupid to respond to. But as you can see, I'm stupid and doing it anyway. Foley - don't you like Hockey? theres a real need for a guy of your talents in the Hockey forum. It could keep you real busy.

Max - any potential for a moderator in the Hockey forum if he does his homework?

barton just got owned. #-o

..Instigator.. [-X ...Barton didn't get owned and is actually right. I personally would start Coles and Cotchery (gotta give the speedy youngster a chance) and McCareins could have been the third or slot. Coles and Jerricho would have been 1 and 2 and let Chrebet try his hand at 4th. Justin has missed catches this year but his year last year wasn't awful. He did make some great catches and he contributed in games. Arizona and Seattle come to mind. But anywho...without someone that can actually throw a pass and call the proper signals...any one group could be doomed.

Really Barton? Wtf did Coles do that was so great in Washington last year and wtf has McCarriens ever done in a Jet uniform excluding one play against the 4-12 Browns.

Thanks for proving my point.

I said Coles 2 years ago made the probowl as the redskins #1 WR. Which is before Brunell was a skin, just alone when Ramsey was the starter. This was in 2003 (2 years ago) Stats: 82rec 1204yards and a Pro Bowl

The year before in 2002, after we plugged in Pennington and kept it that way, Coles had his best season with 89recs and 1264yards.

Then last year, Coles still had 90+ receptions. But he didnt have as many TDs. Why is that? Again, because the redskins kept flicking back and forth between Brunell and Ramsey. Last year, Ramsey started 7 games, played in 9 and Brunell started 9 games and played in 9 games. As you can see, the redskins had a QB controversy and kept switching off between Ramsey and Brunell.

Stats: 90recs 950yards Which proves my point that if keep changing QBs the WRs stats go way down.

I'm not going to get into McCareins - he has been disappointing but are you gonna tell me with a straight face that McCareins would put up the same numbers if he was on the Patriots with Tom Brady or the Bengals with Carson Palmer. It all starts with the QB.

THE BOTTOM LINE

The QB makes the WRs look better than they are, or they make the WRs look worse than they are.

In this years case, our QB(s) make our WRs look worse than they are.

Eat it, tx.

If the QB makes the WR why has D Culpepper fallen off the face of the earth without Randy Moss? Why was McNabb an average QB without TO? Why has Eli done so much better with a deep threat like Burress? There are very few QB's on the face of this earth that make the WR's better. There are a lot of WR's that make the QB look better. A great WR allows the other WR's to get single coverage which means you can run many route variations. A defense will also blitz much less if the other team has a WR that can make the big play. A defense will blitz the hell out of an offense if a QB is great but has no WR's. The WR's need to get seperation and catch the ball in traffic.

As far as Coles goes look at his numbers after his toe injury. His toe is what made him fall off and not the QB. And Ramsey only started 11 games in 2003 one of which he only threw one pass.

Dude, you outdo yourself with every post. If we didn't know you were 17, we'd think 12.

You realize if you cut them they will cost MORE than if you kept them on the team

If the QB makes the WR why has D Culpepper fallen off the face of the earth without Randy Moss? Why was McNabb an average QB without TO? Why has Eli done so much better with a deep threat like Burress? There are very few QB's on the face of this earth that make the WR's better. There are a lot of WR's that make the QB look better. A great WR allows the other WR's to get single coverage which means you can run many route variations. A defense will also blitz much less if the other team has a WR that can make the big play. A defense will blitz the hell out of an offense if a QB is great but has no WR's. The WR's need to get seperation and catch the ball in traffic.

As far as Coles goes look at his numbers after his toe injury. His toe is what made him fall off and not the QB. And Ramsey only started 11 games in 2003 one of which he only threw one pass.

Thats another story, but I dont think his toe is even making a difference.

Good examples, but the Plaxico Burress with Eli only holds so much weight. 1st of all, Eli Manning isnt even that good of a QB yet, and he was bound to improve from his 1st year with or without Plaxico.

Culpepper played many games last year without Randy Moss and put up great stats. Talk to me in a couple years about Culpeppers progress as a QB without Randy. Even if he falls off, its to be expected because Randy is 1 of the greatest WRs in NFL History.

McNabb without TO is still 15X better than Bollinger

I should have been more clearer. A great QB maximizes the talents of his WRs.

And I can counter your arguement about Coles by saying the run opens up the pass.

We have had NO RUNNING ATTACK AT ALL this season, not even a glimpse of a real running game. The runing game opens up the passing game down the field, thats common football knowledge.

IMO, this team has alot of problems on offense (no running attack, no quarterback and weneed better pass protection from the RT).

When you have:

NO QUARTERBACK

NO RUNNING GAME

NO PASS PROTECTION

Do you really expect our WRs to have great seasons? Come on.

=D>=D>=D>

The only active quarterbacks that have the ability to "make" WRs are Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

=D>=D>=D>

The only active quarterbacks that have the ability to "make" WRs are Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

Thats your opinion.

But you also need a running game or a threat of a running game to open up the pass.

In case you guys havent noticed it, we dont have a running game, a quarterback or a good Oline.

Under these conditions, it doesnt matter who the f#ck our #1, 2 or 3 WR is. We'd still have a horrible offense and a 2-9 record.

Quarterbacks and Running Backs are 5X more important than Wide Recievers. Not to mention if an offensive line cant pass protect long enough for the QB to find an open WR or a WR to get open for a pass it doesnt matter how talented, fast or tall your wide recievers are.

The Oline, and the lack of a QB and a running attack completely handicapps the wide recievers from making plays. If you cant see that, I cant help you.

Archived