Sign in to follow this  
Jetman_67

Manning Medically Cleared to Resume Football

Pennington get medically clearled to play football every year, that doesn't mean he physically should have been doing it

Edited by SayNoToDMC

Dungy, Clayton. Eat a dick. Embarrassing by any standard for Clayton particularly.

3 questions:

How big a check is Woody writing to #18 March 1st?

Are Pick 6's locker contents being shipped UPS, USPS or Fed Ex?

Who is the FA RT the Jets have targeted?

Bonus-NFL Shop and Modells will be sending a whole bunch of Pick 6 jerseys to the next huge natural disaster.

• Upvote 2

A broken Peyton > healthy Sanchez.

I'll take a healthy Matt Flynn at this point over Sanchez.

It takes Sanchez an entire month to throw 6 TDs. Check the stats.

I'd take Ryan Leaf over Sanchez at this point.

good thing none of us are the GM. Sanchez is not the one to blame.

LOL. So Sanchez is good, but just a product of a bad OC, right?

I know this fat dude who moderates on a Jets message board and he;s like really excited right now.

Would at least hope someone in the Jets organization is weighing the pros and cons of cutting Sanchez and signing either Manning or Flynn. That would be the definition of due diligence.

woohoo...

if tanny and rex don't at least pursue, I'm becomming a GB fan until one of them is gone

Edited by CTM

good

I think you'll look snazzy in cheese

take the rest of the Sanchez Haters Society with you too

good

I think you'll look snazzy in cheese

take the rest of the Sanchez Haters Society with you too

I don't think you could pay me to like Green Bay.

you didn't threaten to go there, senor

you are a good Jet fan and should stay right here and enjoy the championship 2012-3 season

Would at least hope someone in the Jets organization is weighing the pros and cons of cutting Sanchez

Cons?

I'd take Ryan Leaf over Sanchez at this point.

oh common! thats just silly!

Want

LOL. So Sanchez is good, but just a product of a bad OC, right?

In part, also this past season he had no protection and people arguing with him in the huddle. There were also a inexcusable number of catchable passes being dropped.

The O-Line was as protective as a sieve. When He wasn't getting hit the plays were being called back for holding penalties.

I don't think Manning is coming. I don't think he would come (or the Sparano hiring makes zero sense), and in fact, I think he might retire. But they just seem too invested in Mark Sanchez to drop him after one season of not making the playoffs. Sanchez might back up Peyton Manning if he did come, though. Sanchez, for all his flaws, is a team player and a good soldier.

That said, assuming Manning isn't here, my biggest concern with Sanchez is the coaching. The article about Rich Gannon saying QBs aren't developed properly, Sanchez's lack of progress, comments by Gannon and Trent Dilfer regarding Sanchez, and other articles & comments really make me wonder if coaching is a lot of the problem. Has Cavanaugh been let go yet? If not, why? Dilfer said a couple of weeks ago that he and another guy (can't remember who) noticed a flaw in Sanchez's mechanics. Just by watching some film. If they noticed it, what is the Jets offensive/QB coaching staff doing during the week?

Sanchez seems like he wants to get better. Bring in a backup to challenge Sanchez for his job and HIRE a coach to help make him better, especially if you're stuck with Sanchez for the foreseeable future. He's supposed to be your franchise guy. What's the excuse for NOT doing everything possible to make him better?

In part, also this past season he had no protection and people arguing with him in the huddle. There were also a inexcusable number of catchable passes being dropped.

The O-Line was as protective as a sieve. When He wasn't getting hit the plays were being called back for holding penalties.

Wow. And obesity is solely genetics, nothing to do with overeating.
  • Upvote 1

Wow. And obesity is solely genetics, nothing to do with overeating.

The other problem with Manning is my Grandmother can throw further than Manning, and she has been dead for 10 years.

woohoo...

if tanny and rex don't at least pursue, I'm becomming a GB fan until one of them is gone

So, we either try to get and hopefully land Peyton, or you are no longer a Jets fan?

Either way, this is shaping up to be the greatest offseason in the history of the franchise.

• Upvote 2

Irsay says Peyton hasn’t been cleared to play

Posted by Mike Florio on February 3, 2012, 7:05 AM EST

irsay.jpg?w=250

AP

On Thursday, when a report emerged from ESPN that Colts (for now) quarterbackPeyton Manning has been cleared to play, my first reaction (as explained live on NBC SportsTalk) was that clearance to play and the full return of arm strength are two different things.

My second reaction (as explained live on NBC SportsTalk) was that we’d undoubtedly be hearing from Colts owner Jim Irsay via Twitter.

And we have.

“Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for The Indianapolis Colts,” Irsay said early Friday on his Twitter page. “Team statement coming on Friday.”

It’s not surprising, especially since the explanation provided if/when (when) the Colts cut Manning likely will be that Irsay can’t in good conscience allow him to risk serious injury by returning to action, even if the truth may be that Irsay won’t risk paying him another $28 million and getting possibly nothing in return.

Even if Peyon Manning receives clearance to set foot on a football field during game conditions, it doesn’t mean that Peyton Manning will be able to throw like Peyton Manning. And so it doesn’t make sense to throw that kind of money at Peyton Manning, unless Irsay is sure Peyton Manning will be able t throw like Peyton Manning.

The best news is that Irsay continues to fail to follow his own directive to keep these matters in house. Otherwise, we would be left to focus only on the football game that’s due to be played Sunday night

Edited by F.Chowds

I don't think Manning is coming. I don't think he would come (or the Sparano hiring makes zero sense), and in fact, I think he might retire. But they just seem too invested in Mark Sanchez to drop him after one season of not making the playoffs. Sanchez might back up Peyton Manning if he did come, though. Sanchez, for all his flaws, is a team player and a good soldier.

That said, assuming Manning isn't here, my biggest concern with Sanchez is the coaching. The article about Rich Gannon saying QBs aren't developed properly, Sanchez's lack of progress, comments by Gannon and Trent Dilfer regarding Sanchez, and other articles & comments really make me wonder if coaching is a lot of the problem. Has Cavanaugh been let go yet? If not, why? Dilfer said a couple of weeks ago that he and another guy (can't remember who) noticed a flaw in Sanchez's mechanics. Just by watching some film. If they noticed it, what is the Jets offensive/QB coaching staff doing during the week?

Sanchez seems like he wants to get better. Bring in a backup to challenge Sanchez for his job and HIRE a coach to help make him better, especially if you're stuck with Sanchez for the foreseeable future. He's supposed to be your franchise guy. What's the excuse for NOT doing everything possible to make him better?

Not so much one season of not making the playoffs as it is he has clearly digressed. Physically he has the tools but mentally he struggles and his accuracy has gotten worse. I'm sure Mark would like to sit behind Peyton or any other QB at this point. The pressure cooker of the NY sports media seemed to be getting to him.

It's possible some of the problems with his mechanics can be cleared up with coaching but I'm just as concerned with his emotional state. Guy seems as fragile as 15 year old wickers chair with my enormous keester sitting in it. he needs like a life coach or some crap like that, Tony Robbins or maybe Smash whispering in his ear that he can be great and powerful or some other rah rah type stuff.

To me Sanchez looks more like he just wants to be left alone as opposed to getting better. I mean every athelete wants to be better but he seems to pout more than pursue solutions. At least on a sideline after screwing up. Agree 100% that at the very least we need to bring someone in to compete and almost certainly dethrone Sanchez as the starter.; Jason Campbell if available would be sweet.