Sign in to follow this  
Jetman_67

Manning Medically Cleared to Resume Football

Thank goodness the horsefaced cripple and the entire Archie Public Relations and Drama Productions,LLC isn't either

Thank goodness the horsefaced cripple and the entire Archie Public Relations and Drama Productions,LLC isn't either

I dare say Peyton at 75% is better than any QB this franchise have ever had.

Yes, maybe 75% if he is upright.

If he is dealing with nerve issues, he would not remain at 75% long, with this offensive line.

If he is dealing with nerve issues, he would not remain at 75% long, with this offensive line.

Oh stop it Scott. You know damn well with his quick release and amazing sight/ recognition he will make the O line look all pro. Manning will make everybody look better alot like the way Sanchez makes everybody look... well you know. LOL

Oh stop it Scott. You know damn well with his quick release and amazing sight/ recognition he will make the O line look all pro. Manning will make everybody look better alot like the way Sanchez makes everybody look... well you know. LOL

Did you watch our Right tackle play? Did you see the regressing of D'Brick? Having issues at the Tackle position with a china QB is a recipe for disaster. It would make the Neil O'Donnel experiment seem like child's play

Did you watch our Right tackle play? Did you see the regressing of D'Brick? Having issues at the Tackle position with a china QB is a recipe for disaster. It would make the Neil O'Donnel experiment seem like child's play

Wayne Hunter needs to be scrapped. The rest of the line would be top 5 in the league with a QB that got rid of the ball quicker and didn't panic. I think so. So do you. Your just playing hard to get.

• Upvote 1

not sure I buy it.

SMsi and BeefBitoni have been adamaent about Manning being done.

So tired of this horsesh*t argument.

In his NFL career, Sanchez is bottom-3 in taking sacks as the result of holding the ball too long (only Flacco and Roethlisberger were worse in average time after snap on sacks over the last 3 years), whereas Manning was by far the best in the league in '09 and '10 in avoiding sacks by getting rid of the ball quickly.

In 2010, Manning was sacked 15 times, only 1 of which was longer than 3 seconds after the snap. In that same year, Sanchez was sacked 27 times, 14 of which were over 3 seconds post-snap.

You can't judge OL play in a vacuum... for years, throughout his career, Peyton (and Eli, for that matter) has made late-round picks and UDFA's look like competent starters and, at times, Pro Bowlers. While Wayne Hunter might be a turnstile, you have to attribute a reasonable amount of blame for this year's (perceived) pressure to Sanchez's poor pocket presence.

Edited by JohnnyHector

Namath......just saying

Namath......just saying

I know. But to be fair to namath it's hard to compare them because the way the game has changed. QB protection and Dome play being one. Namath in his prime right now would be something to see. Let's just say from 1980 on. Good point though.

I know. But to be fair to namath it's hard to compare them because the way the game has changed. QB protection and Dome play being one. Namath in his prime right now would be something to see. Let's just say from 1980 on. Good point though.

Makes sense....anyway would like to see Jets go and get Manning.....if he can really still play.....if not stick with Sanchez and get a viable backup

Makes sense....anyway would like to see Jets go and get Manning.....if he can really still play.....if not stick with Sanchez and get a viable backup

Agreed.

I really would like to see Jason Campbell come in. Live in DC watched him play alot. Suffered from the coaching and system roulette their but I think he would be a good one to push Sanchez. Sans Manning of course.

Or maybe Uncle Rico.

In his NFL career, Sanchez is bottom-3 in taking sacks as the result of holding the ball too long (only Flacco and Roethlisberger were worse in average time after snap on sacks over the last 3 years), whereas Manning was by far the best in the league in '09 and '10 in avoiding sacks by getting rid of the ball quickly.

In 2010, Manning was sacked 15 times, only 1 of which was longer than 3 seconds after the snap. In that same year, Sanchez was sacked 27 times, 14 of which were over 3 seconds post-snap.

You can't judge OL play in a vacuum... for years, throughout his career, Peyton (and Eli, for that matter) has made late-round picks and UDFA's look like competent starters and, at times, Pro Bowlers. While Wayne Hunter might be a turnstile, you have to attribute a reasonable amount of blame for this year's (perceived) pressure to Sanchez's poor pocket presence.

Where are the stats that show:

-Result from "holding ball to long

-Result from O-line breakdown.

I would like to see those

woohoo...

if tanny and rex don't at least pursue, I'm becomming a GB fan until one of them is gone

You shouldve jumped ship when I did.

And, being medically cleared as to do with his neck.

He's no closer to getting on a football field to actually perform at his previous level because the nerves in his tricep haven't healed. THAT is the greatest issue. Without the healed nerves he'll be throwing air balloons.

not sure I buy it. SMsi and BeefBitoni have been adamaent about Manning being done.

Being medically cleared has nothing to do with being able to actually perform as he has.

He has damaged nerves in his tricep that hasn't healed. That's why he went to Europe in the hopes of regenerating the nerves.

Right now, he makes Chad's velocity look like Elway's.

You shouldve jumped ship when I did.

And, being medically cleared as to do with his neck.

He's no closer to getting on a football field to actually perform at his previous level because the nerves in his tricep haven't healed. THAT is the greatest issue. Without the healed nerves he'll be throwing air balloons.

Why do I feel like the Jets always have a wizard of Oz situation with their quarterbacks. We have QBs with no brains, old Qbs at the end of their careers, QBs who have no heart, and still others with no arms or healthy shoulders.

Being medically cleared has nothing to do with being able to actually perform as he has.

He has damaged nerves in his tricep that hasn't healed. That's why he went to Europe in the hopes of regenerating the nerves.

Sounds like a perfect solution for the Jets ;)

It would be soooooo Jetsian to make a move for Manning, a qb that is past his prime but looks sexy to the Jets because of "name" sake. Along the lines of:

-Esiason

-O'Donnell

-Favre

Instead of this organization looking back 5 years for a qb, how about it places it's energy in the next 5 years and develop its own qb. If that qb is not currently on the roster, fine, let's move forward and cut losses. But please do not move backwards, in moves that makes this franchise only stall.

The Jets NEVER give any other QB a fair look except the starter-I think McElroy could be a pretty good QB but we'll never ever get to find that out and that's too bad because he's a smarter QB than Sanchez will ever be already...I'm sure McElroy wouldn't be making the boneheaded turnovers that Sanchez makes EVERY week-that's just football smarts-Sanchez' QB IQ is crap...yea I'd rather take my chances on Manning and if he doesn't make it then I hope our 2nd stringer will be McElroy and NOT Sanchez-I'm done with that scrub

So, we either try to get and hopefully land Peyton, or you are no longer a Jets fan?

Either way, this is shaping up to be the greatest offseason in the history of the franchise.

Don't you worry your pretty little head, once I switch I will stay here and laugh even harder at you guys

Edited by CTM

SMsi and BeefBitoni have been adamaent about Manning being done.

robertson gholston

Edited by CTM

i agree

the Ravens and Steelers need to get rid of those two BUMS too and bring in Peyton Manning or some other 37 year old at the end of his career with a serious injury to take over

Manning had several surgeries. among them, they fused C6 and C7 vert. if you put your hand on your back, exactly where that surgery occurred, it's right between the shoulder blades. Besides all the range of motion issues (turning your head etc) all the nerves for arm control, throwing etc are in that area. Nerves don't usually regenerate quickly once damaged... or at all. It's a part of science that is still very primitive. If you rip a knee they can fix or even replace that knee. if you damage a nerve you are basically screwed. He went to Europe for stem cell treatment that isn't legal in the USA.

So yeah, if you want to believe Dr Nick Riviera (hi everybody) than Payton Manning is healthy and ready to play football. The reality is he's not healthy and there's a good chance he will never be healthy again. if he could have played football, he would have played in 2011. Another 6 months of rehab doesn't really change the fundamentals of his health. there are not alot of physical therapy options to regrow damaged nerves.

Edited by bitonti

Don't you worry your pretty little head, once I switch I will stay here and laugh even harder at you guys

It feels great.

Manning had several surgeries. among them, they fused C6 and C7 vert. if you put your hand on your back, exactly where that surgery occurred, it's right between the shoulder blades. Besides all the range of motion issues (turning your head etc) all the nerves for arm control, throwing etc are in that area. Nerves don't usually regenerate quickly once damaged... or at all. It's a part of science that is still very primitive. If you rip a knee they can fix or even replace that knee. if you damage a nerve you are basically screwed. He went to Europe for stem cell treatment that isn't legal in the USA.

So yeah, if you want to believe Dr Nick Riviera (hi everybody) than Payton Manning is healthy and ready to play football. The reality is he's not healthy and there's a good chance he will never be healthy again. if he could have played football, he would have played in 2011. Another 6 months of rehab doesn't really change the fundamentals of his health. there are not alot of physical therapy options to regrow damaged nerves.

If he's been told there's almost no chance he'll be able to play, why would Manning continue the facade? The fact that he hasn't openly addressed the situation until now proves he's not a favre-like drama queen.

If he sounds optimistic it's because some of the best Dr's in the world have given him a reason to be optimistic. I'll go ahead and assume they know a little more than any of us about the situation.

So this will be your excuse? "I never said he wouldn't play again, I said he'll never be the same"?

Agreed.

I really would like to see Jason Campbell come in. Live in DC watched him play alot. Suffered from the coaching and system roulette their but I think he would be a good one to push Sanchez. Sans Manning of course.

Or maybe Uncle Rico.

Sounds good to me.....I just can't weait for the freakin SB to be done with already....all this Pats and Giants crap is making me vomit violently!

he's been a drama queen for a long time.... I think it's genetic

Where are the stats that show:

-Result from "holding ball to long

-Result from O-line breakdown.

I would like to see those

Those aren't mutually exclusive instances, as the O-line can breakdown leading to the QB trying to scramble to buy time, eventually being sacked anyhow.

If the league average for sacks is ~ 2.7 seconds and roughly 35% of the total sacks across the league occur more than 3 seconds after the snap, I'd say that Sanchez being closer to 50% suggests that he holds the ball too long and/or fails to throw it away when he should.

By that same token, Manning taking the least "long" sacks demonstrates that he is able to cover for his O-line's deficiencies and debunks the ever popular "zomg, Peyton's going to be wearing a cervical halo after 3 dropbacks behind the Jets sieve of an offensive line" argument.

agree on Campbell

he's a perfect fit to replace Brunell as a veteran backup who could actually be put on the field if an injury to Sanchez occurred

good idea

you're insane dude.. I like Sanchez just fine but if Manning is ready to go then you gotta get him.

p.s. please don't use "son of marty" in your post if you choose to reply.

Are you taking your meds regularily?......just saying.

you're insane dude.. I like Sanchez just fine but if Manning is ready to go then you gotta get him.

p.s. please don't use "son of marty" in your post if you choose to reply.

I think this dude is getting a rise from all this.......I am just getting that feeling?

I think this dude is getting a rise from all this.......I am just getting that feeling?

he's not acting.. I remember him from another Jets board and this is him... believe it or not.

stop stalking me

I repeat

please

bwahaha... who, me?