Manning Medically Cleared to Resume Football

Jetman_67

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mia played very well 2H of year, marshall bess hartline and fasano better weapons than we can provide. also busch and a real stud LT in Long.

Warm weather is key also

yea you can't discount the effect that the warm weather has on a QB-I mean look at Chad Pennington in that season he played down here-he looked like a different player-his throws were longer and the thing I noticed was how he was able to throw the ball at the highest point over the top unlike being the Luis Tiant of NFL QBs (now you have to be an old guy to know what I mean by that comparison)-sidearm pitcher to you young guys

Well I think that our next three seasons are staring us in the face right now...If Miami snags Manning, and we are sitting here strapped with Sanchez and a still mediocre looking cap situation, we are going to be the third best team in our division.

with the 4th best QB behind Brady, Manning, Fitzpatrick...(palming my face now)

That's such a disgusting thought that my brain refuses to accept it as possible.. The dolphins are still the team I consider our arch nemesis, and easily my least favorite team in the league. Not sure how anyone who watched in the 80's would feel differently

Another big reason, dont think PM wants to be part of rex ans his circus, his last 2 coaches Dungy and Caldwell

Another big reason, dont think PM wants to be part of rex ans his circus, his last 2 coaches Dungy and Caldwell

It's not like he chose them himself... I dunno, he definitely seems to like the spotlight, and is no stranger to drama, this business with trying to upstage the SB a bit is evidence of that imo

It's not like he chose them himself... I dunno, he definitely seems to like the spotlight, and is no stranger to drama, this business with trying to upstage the SB a bit is evidence of that imo

think Condon is drivin much of this and PM knows they aint cuttin him a check for 28

think Condon is drivin much of this and PM knows they aint cuttin him a check for 28

Probably is condon, but not like hes switching agents.. lol

I view rex as a positive, not a negative. Manning knows he fields a hell of a defense, he's done it for years... All this talk of the drama being a huge negative I think is way overstated, Manning's had his share (remember blaming his oline publicly) and he's certainly not shy when it comes to getting publicity himself. I think the dude wants to win a SB, to cement his legacy, and he's going to go where he thinks that's the most likely (also where he'll make the most money, but I think that's also NYC)

Probably is condon, but not like hes switching agents.. lol

I view rex as a positive, not a negative. Manning knows he fields a hell of a defense, he's done it for years... All this talk of the drama being a huge negative I think is way overstated, Manning's had his share (remember blaming his oline publicly) and he's certainly not shy when it comes to getting publicity himself. I think the dude wants to win a SB, to cement his legacy, and he's going to go where he thinks that's the most likely (also where he'll make the most money, but I think that's also NYC)

Dont think woody will pay the man like ross, specially while 12m man is in the building

Dont think woody will pay the man like ross, specially while 12m man is in the building

WE're the same team that signed Favre and chased around Nmandi all last offseason.. Money will be there. The bigger issue is whether or not Rex/Tanny are ready to break from the QB they drafted early. Heck, think about how many #18 jersey's we'd sell

Word. Sanchez appears to have minimal support in the locker room as it is. If the team publicly courts his replacement--and you KNOW Tannenbaum would make a show out of it--there's no coming back from that for Sanchez.

Forget Li'l Nacho's fragile psyche. The real problem with the full-court press is that Rexenbaum are so convined of their own genius they won't bother prepping a soft landing. While we're blowing Archie in an alley somewhere, we're missing out on signing guys who might actually be within the realm of possibility. Manning leverages us into a better offer somewhere else. We start 1-3. The only alternative is McElroy. Good times.

That's such a disgusting thought that my brain refuses to accept it as possible.. The dolphins are still the team I consider our arch nemesis, and easily my least favorite team in the league. Not sure how anyone who watched in the 80's would feel differently

Upside is I would probably lose couple pounds a day Ban Hammering the dozens of inbred Phin fans that would show up here in droves.

Forget Li'l Nacho's fragile psyche. The real problem with the full-court press is that Rexenbaum are so convined of their own genius they won't bother prepping a soft landing. While we're blowing Archie in an alley somewhere, we're missing out on signing guys who might actually be within the realm of possibility. Manning leverages us into a better offer somewhere else. We start 1-3. The only alternative is McElroy. Good times.

Jason Campbell could be this years parting gift? After we lost Manning sweepstakes.

Stop it Jimmmy STOP IT

I know, I know, when I eventually get banned by you Sal, it'll be like a mercy killing...think of me like Danny Trejo in Heat when DeNiro goes to his apartment to find out if it was him that ratted on them and finds Trejo dying on the floor and then he begs DeNiro to "Don't leave me like this bro, please" BANG BANG...

I know, I know, when I eventually get banned by you Sal, it'll be like a mercy killing...think of me like Danny Trejo in Heat when DeNiro goes to his apartment to find out if it was him that ratted on them and finds Trejo dying on the floor and then he begs DeNiro to "Don't leave me like this bro, please" BANG BANG...

LOL

Truth is if this happens I honestly think I will be way to busy banning the throngs and throngs of toothless chromosome lacking Miami Dolphin fans that will come here before a single snap to tell us how we suck and they are going to win the AFC east/ Superbowl. Sad thing is they may be right, but I will ban them anyhow. Who knows? You might be Deniro and I might be Trejo after Max considers me rogue bans me and Im on my 7th IP address. You might be the cool calm voice to just tell me, "let it go Crusher, have a dozen Crispy cremes, and return to your family." Then you could write a song about it and hook me up with a little Royalties so I can by my OWN Crispy Creme stand for my den.

I prefer Happy endings Jimmy LOL

I've been a "fan" of this team for almost 30 years. What seems to be lost on a lot of you guys, is that when you a criticizing a fan favorite like Sanchez, it's no different the those who criticize other Jets players when excuse making for him. So i criticize Sanchez, a guy like Smashmouth or villian criticize Wayne Hunter (RT), Plaxico and Santonio (WR's), Shonn Greene (RB), Schotty (OC).. ALL JETS... In effect they are knocking 5 Jets whereas I am only knocking 1. How exactly does that make me a worse fan?

Many lawlz.

Positing the likelihood of this post truly helped me understand the psychology of teens that ritually cut themselves. Thanks.

with his fragile ego and mindset of always being a "young NFL QB" It will destroy him, and he won't understand HOW the Jets could even CONSIDER doing that to 'him' what with all of his hard work-hell he even has Jets west to prove just how much he really cares...it's too bad he still sucks and will NEVER be a 63% passer with twice as many TDs as INTs. Sanchez is a .250 hitting 3rd baseman who will hit maybe 12 homers and knock in 63 runs

There's a QB in the SB tomorrow who took 5 seasons to reach the 60% standard and has only once threw twice as many TD's as picks. Sanchez deserves and will get the same oppurtunity next season. If he bombs he will be gone but thinking we are moving off him after three seasons is just frustration talking. Peyton would have to be a move that Woody forces down Rex and Tanny's throats.

You shouldve jumped ship when I did. These have been the best 3 football weeks Ive had in my fandom.

So....it looks like Snyder is about to jump into the we-need-a-new-QB fray

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

If Peyton Manning is released, Redskins are expected to pursue him. Redskins also prepared to pursue free agents Matt Flynn and Kyle Orton.

Expect Snyder will write someone a big check. But it's practically blood money. It's the worst situation in the NFL.

Expect Snyder will write someone a big check. But it's practically blood money. It's the worst situation in the NFL.

well Bugg, it looks like we're going to be stuck with that frigging idiot as our QB again this year-time for me to try and cut the Jets out of my heart-won't be easy...but I am tired of them ripping it out of my chest every year since the 8th grade

well Bugg, it looks like we're going to be stuck with that frigging idiot as our QB again this year-time for me to try and cut the Jets out of my heart-won't be easy...but I am tired of them ripping it out of my chest every year since the 8th grade

stop James. dont make me come down there and give a good talkin to ;)

Ridiculous. ........

I don't know why or what it is about this year and why THIS season seemed to hurt so much

i agree..its cause a)we thought we had a real shot, B) we had finally reclaimed NY form GMen, c) we tanked, d) GMen reclaimed NYC and e) 2 biggest rivals in SB..

oh ya,and f) My Morning Constitutional hasnt been regular since Jet/Giant game

i agree..its cause a)we thought we had a real shot, B) we had finally reclaimed NY form GMen, c) we tanked, d) GMen reclaimed NYC and e) 2 biggest rivals in SB..

oh ya,and f) My Morning Constitutional hasnt been regular since Jet/Giant game

I really think you nailed it-2 years in a row we had a real shot only to see it all come crashing down again and to top it all off-could there BE a worse Super bowl for us Jets fans to have to endure? OK, maybe a Giants-Dolphins game would be THE worst. Could you imagine the Dolphins fans invading this site? It would be 10X worse than when all those jackass Pats fans came onto JI to rub our noses in it...now some of those Pats fans turned out to be pretty good people that I happen to like a lot-the ones who wish us good luck in the beginning of every season and haven't come here to rub it in...like Gainzo, Theresa...even Tex when he was still around turned into a good dude

Archived