Peyton - jets better be in the mix after schefter report

aec4

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was zero point of the Giants running the ball. And no, with Wayne Hunter, our offensive line was not better.

But it was, many of our metrics were better and they actually have a QB who can recognize a blitz.. stop being such a bad fan/hater...

Really now...what are we basing this on? So Wayne Hunter doesnt suck apparently now. Now this is funny.

No, Wayne Hunter does suck, but he's only 1/5 of the line.

The Giants were dead last in the league in rushing yards per attempt and allowed the most QB pressures in the league. How does that translate to them being a better unit than the Jets? Because they won a SB?

Who said that... IN it's entirety, ours was better...hater

Better at run blocking...pass blocking no.

I realize the entire pillage here is to convince that if we'd have a better QB we'd make our entire roster look like All Pro's...but we've drafted stiff after stiff after stiff and the Giants havent.

OK, you're right. Hynoski is clearly better. 0 rushing attempts, 12 catches for 83 yards, zero TD's, and lead blocking for the worst rushing offense in the league.

Oh, and Kuhn made the Pro Bowl. B)

dude we're arguing over fullbacks. If they were running the wing-t, we could have at it.

I realize the entire pillage here is to convince that if we'd have a better QB we'd make our entire roster look like All Pro's...but we've drafted stiff after stiff after stiff and the Giants havent.

How are you judging the unit's relative strength in pass blocking? Because Sanchez was sacked more?

Where did I say they were the best team I've ever seen?

Elite QB, good back, 3 play making wideouts, the best down the field passing game in the league, solid offensive line, an elite pass rusher in JPP followed by Tuck, Osi and Kiwi...two solid safeties and underrated corner in Webster. Their linebackers could be upgraded.

But where are the holes on this Giants roster? They draft very well and have a QB that isnt afraid to throw the ball down the field.

The Giants will always have the ability to get hot because their roster is very good. They dogged it a bit this year no doubt, but with Eli and that pass rush...they're always capable of going on a run. The Packers had a similar run last year.

You already lost me on item #2 of your list. A good back? Really? Where? Bradshaw played like complete crap this year and can't hold onto a ball to save his life, and Jacobs is a steaming pile of hot garbage. The Giants certainly aren't bad, but they could easily use upgrades at RB, OL, TE, LB and throughout the secondary.

again, I'd refer to the stats about qb pressures.. Eli was pressured much more then samchez

You already lost me on item #2 of your list. A good back? Really? Where? Bradshaw played like complete crap this year and can't hold onto a ball to save his life, and Jacobs is a steaming pile of hot garbage. The Giants certainly aren't bad, but they could easily use upgrades at RB, OL, TE, LB and throughout the secondary.

Bradshaw is a solid enough back. Had a down year this year and was nicked up...but he breaks tackles and is decent enough in the passing game. He;s averaged 4.6 ypc throughout his career, which is fine. Jacobs, yes, is terrible...but he's a backup. But with eli stretching the field anyways, it doesn't make that much of a difference. The Patriots dont have a great back either, ditto Green Bay,

Their secondary struggled in the beginning...but with Thomas coming back, that's a fairly solid unit.

Pretty much, although RBs are probably a wash, both teams RBs are pure crap.

Probably fair on RB.. just h8 green so hard to be objective :D.. The amount of times Brandon Jacobs failed on 3rd/4th and short would make me hate him too if I was a Gaints fan

PAC my problem is not with Manning my problem is with glaring weaknesses that playoff teams will take advantage of. How are we paying Reggie Wayne ? How are we filling any holes when we have no money to do so ? Why is it ok to get a guy like Wayne for Manning while we surrounded Sanchez with Fcuking convicts >?? or washed up players or Fcuking overrated SB MVP's who have never done anything else with their careeer other than taking pics of their dicks in the shower. Do you not see the stupidity if this organization ?? I just dont get it sorry....Manning comes here and sure we may win games vs teams we should beat but are we a true SB contender ? NO because at some point our weaknessses will be exploited. Look how many teams thathad great seasons with Great QB's were sent packing. What makes you think the Jets all of a sudden become able to compete with solid all around teams just because Peyton Manning was here, He won one SB in 13 years while getting his a$$ bounced everyother year proving one man cant do it alone. But hey this is the Jets right ?

The force is strong with this one.

You are becoming a joke with this Smash. Take it down a notch. You dont know anymore than any of us. Stop acting like you do. And in regards to your response. I'm going to simply respond with a nice visual presentation for you of WR who can make tough catches in clutch spots.

628x471.jpg

628x471.jpgsantonio_holmes2009-winning-td-super-bowl-43-med-wide.jpg

santonio-holmes1.jpg

Clutch players, make clutch plays

you going to compare Holmes to Welker now ? why dont ya just suck his dick already

you going to compare Holmes to Welker now ? why dont ya just suck his dick already

Holmes will forever been known as a SB MVP who had one of the greatest catches in the history of the league.

Welker will be known as the guy who dropped a SB winning catch the first time he ever had to make a difficult catch.

Holmes >>>> Welker

LOL. I'm not that bad. The Giants are built to win championships in this new parity era--elite QB & pass rush. The rest of the team is essentially mediocre. Of course, they have the young receivers, but a whole bunch of that is Eli.

Unfortunately for the Jets, the two things they don't have the 2 things they need to win a title--elite QB and pass rush. Worst still, based last year on their idiotic pursuit of Nnamdi, they didn't realize they needed those 2 things. Hopefully they do now.

Well, I don't know if they didn't realize it. The question was, who was available? I think the went after Nnamdi because they figured it was the only area they could upgrade, and they could help the passrush but having another Revis. Turned out he wasn't another Revis this year.

Well, I don't know if they didn't realize it. The question was, who was available? I think the went after Nnamdi because they figured it was the only area they could upgrade, and they could help the passrush but having another Revis. Turned out he wasn't another Revis this year.

Your take may be correct, but it just further demonstrates how dumb the Jets thinking is. Teams shouldn't take up 20+% of their salary cap for coverage sacks.

Pass rush is always more important than coverage of a single CB.

the colts said he has not passed any physical

all the rumors are coming from archie and his agent

they want one more payday

I don't want to be the chumps that give it to him

Preferable to once again being the chumps that stick with a severely limited QB instead of making a play for a studly one coming off a major injury.

Preferable to once again being the chumps that stick with a severely limited QB instead of making a play for a studly one coming off a major injury.

yeah, the major injury part is the problem, lol

the jets had to trade up for sanchez because the farve thing fizzled and they didn't have a QB

I'd like to think the jets learned a lesson

yeah, the major injury part is the problem, lol

the jets had to trade up for sanchez because the farve thing fizzled and they didn't have a QB

I'd like to think the jets learned a lesson

The Jets stuck with Chad Pennington and never even brough Drew Brees in for a workout.

I'd like to think the Jets learned a lesson.

It has to be San Fran from his POV. Miami would be a disaster with Ross as his owner.

I love this percerption of Ross. How exactly would you spin this as Manning being afraid of Miami because of the freaking owner?

For what it's worth.

Per Schefter's Insider Blog:

Q: With the Super Bowl now over, talk this offseason will surely focus on Peyton Manning. Where do you think he will land? Any chance that he goes to Minnesota or San Francisco?

-- Herbert (Iowa)

A: No, Herbert, Minnesota and San Francisco will not be in play. Remember, Manning will pick his team even more than it will pick him. Minnesota can't offer as much as other teams, and San Francisco will not pursue Manning when it wants to re-sign Alex Smith. The team that is the favorite in my mind to land Manning is Miami. The Dolphins can offer warm weather and a favorable contract, and the team has been screaming for a franchise quarterback since Dan Marino left. Make Miami the favorite for now. But we've already seen what being a favorite meant to New England in this Super Bowl

If the reports are true that Sanchez is underachieving mainly because he feels 'comfortable' than I think it's worth it for you guys to bring in a couple guys for a workout.

But would you really be willing to take a guy like Flynn who had 1 good game, over Sanchez who has proven he can win under pressure and has top 5 mechanics?

Or better yet Peyton? I don't think you guys want to take a chance at another Favre situation.

I think Sanchez will be fine, he just needs a fire lit under his a$$. I can't count how many times I've heard/seen him out late in NJ bars during the season.

Archived