One Bitter Fan

GangGreen82

Well, I've been a Jets fan all my life, 30 years. A long suffering one as well. But after witnessing my worst nightmare yet again, I find myself more bitter, more sour, and more of a sore loser THAN EVER BEFORE. Watching the Giants and Patriots last night makes me furious at the NY Jets organization at a whole. I know the previous 2 years were somewhat more enjoyable than any other Jets year, but this year the wheels fell off. Having the Giants win another super bowl in just 4-5 years is just gut wrenching to say the least. This was supposed to be our town, our city, our time with Rex at the helm. And where do we find ourselves ? At an all to familiar spot... the laughing stock of the league. This may just be more anger at the moment thn truth but I feel at this point, all hope is lost. Maybe it is time for Rex to go. He runs his mouth, encourages his team to run there mouth, and us as fans run our mouth only to realize the JETS NEVER BACK IT UP. If talking trash was his game, he should have taken Ray Lewis with him rather than that waste Bart Scott from Baltimore. When do you ever hear the Steelers, Giants, Patriots, Colts, or any of the consistently top teams run there mouth ? This Giants win should enrage Woody Johnson to clean house and bring in some CLASS. Fire Rex and that other moron Tannenbaum. What has Tannenbaum done recently ? Other than get rid of fan favorites, and key locker room vets such as Faneca, Cotchery, Edwards, Richardson, Ihedighbo, Woodhead, Weatherford, Ellis, Smith, & Jones, (am i forgetting anyone) all guys you could rely on. His drafting has been mediocre at best, they've drafted what 9 RB's in the Rex era ? And is there actually one Jets fan out there that could ever see Mark Sanchez leading us down the field the way Eli did yesterday ? Your lying to yourself if you say yes. I like Mark, I always stuck up for him, but I just dont see or feel him ever leading us to a a championship. He's to erratic at times, seems to have way to much trouble reading a defense and the turnovers are always game killers. So, once again, we're the laughing stock of the NFL, the little brother in NY yet again. Things have to change, and change fast. You look across town and the only thing i feel is jeaoulsy. You see a QB that's led his team to 2 super bowls, a pass rush that Rex wishes he had, a team that plays together, a team who's coach said it best "talk is cheap, play the game", you see WR's that we wish we're on the Jets, and you see 4 super bowls in the past 25 years. All we have to hang our hats on is a few lousy AFC Championships games where our boys laid giant eggs.This is probably more frustration at the moment, but I really can't take it anymore. I wanna watch a Jets superbowl, I want to go to a goddamn parade, I want revel in all the superbowl glare......... I could probably go on for hours more but I'll leave it at that.

Well, I've been a Jets fan all my life, 30 years. A long suffering one as well. But after witnessing my worst nightmare yet again, I find myself more bitter, more sour, and more of a sore loser THAN EVER BEFORE. Watching the Giants and Patriots last night makes me furious at the NY Jets organization at a whole. I know the previous 2 years were somewhat more enjoyable than any other Jets year, but this year the wheels fell off. Having the Giants win another super bowl in just 4-5 years is just gut wrenching to say the least. This was supposed to be our town, our city, our time with Rex at the helm. And where do we find ourselves ? At an all to familiar spot... the laughing stock of the league. This may just be more anger at the moment thn truth but I feel at this point, all hope is lost. Maybe it is time for Rex to go. He runs his mouth, encourages his team to run there mouth, and us as fans run our mouth only to realize the JETS NEVER BACK IT UP. If talking trash was his game, he should have taken Ray Lewis with him rather than that waste Bart Scott from Baltimore. When do you ever hear the Steelers, Giants, Patriots, Colts, or any of the consistently top teams run there mouth ? This Giants win should enrage Woody Johnson to clean house and bring in some CLASS. Fire Rex and that other moron Tannenbaum. What has Tannenbaum done recently ? Other than get rid of fan favorites, and key locker room vets such as Faneca, Cotchery, Edwards, Richardson, Ihedighbo, Woodhead, Weatherford, Ellis, Smith, & Jones, (am i forgetting anyone) all guys you could rely on. His drafting has been mediocre at best, they've drafted what 9 RB's in the Rex era ? And is there actually one Jets fan out there that could ever see Mark Sanchez leading us down the field the way Eli did yesterday ? Your lying to yourself if you say yes. I like Mark, I always stuck up for him, but I just dont see or feel him ever leading us to a a championship. He's to erratic at times, seems to have way to much trouble reading a defense and the turnovers are always game killers. So, once again, we're the laughing stock of the NFL, the little brother in NY yet again. Things have to change, and change fast. You look across town and the only thing i feel is jeaoulsy. You see a QB that's led his team to 2 super bowls, a pass rush that Rex wishes he had, a team that plays together, a team who's coach said it best "talk is cheap, play the game", you see WR's that we wish we're on the Jets, and you see 4 super bowls in the past 25 years. All we have to hang our hats on is a few lousy AFC Championships games where our boys laid giant eggs.This is probably more frustration at the moment, but I really can't take it anymore. I wanna watch a Jets superbowl, I want to go to a goddamn parade, I want revel in all the superbowl glare......... I could probably go on for hours more but I'll leave it at that.

Agree on Sanchez. Disagree on Rex. I also don;t think we're the little brothers to the Giants in NY...

We are the Retarded little brothers that suffer from Tourett's syndrome to the Giatns in NY. Don;t worry though, just heard we can trade Sanchez for a 1st and a 2nd. Better times are coming brother.

I think we all agree with the emotions you are feeling. Sometimes it isn’t easy wearing the green and white. I’m sure Red Sox fans felt the same way after they lost to the Yankees in the 2003 playoffs on Aaron Boone’s homerun but they won the World Series the next year. The New Orleans Saint were the laughing stock for years in the NFL but now they won a Super bowl and are consider contenders each year.

Yes, it is frustrating but the Giants were 7-7 at one point the fans were calling for Tom Coughlin, Jerry Reese, Perry Fuel and yes, for years Giant fans went after Eli Manning’s head but what are they saying now?

The Jets have had some success. The team has made the playoffs and championship games. They have also had many miserable loses when it matter most. Jet fans are starved for the big one we’re not happy with just having some success anymore.

I don’t know what the future holds for the team but I will continue to root for them, follow them and proudly display my colors hoping that they can finally put it together. When they do the greatest NFL fans, Jets fans, will know we earned it.

At the end of the day I hate the Pats and I'm jealous of the Giants. Its a fine line but there's def a difference.

So many things have to go right to win a superbowl that its hard to see when ones coming. The one thing I'm hoping for is that this season really wakes Rex up. I hope he watched the superbowl with a lifelong jets fan. I hope that he finally sees whats its like for us. I hope he goes to the parade tomorrow and sees the sea of blue in "his city." I hope that this will be a lesson that stays with.

I really hope he realizes how much a championship would mean Jets fans and how much work he needs to put it to take us there.

I also hope we sign Peyton. :)

I skipped my 1st superbowl yesterday---found out the score this morning---I took this year hard the way it ended---and now Mr T is going to lead us to better times when he was dumb enough to sign Holmes for 50 m ? ????--Im numb----3 ny teams Mets, Jets Knicks --1 ring in 40 + years---wow

I skipped my 1st superbowl yesterday---found out the score this morning---I took this year hard the way it ended---and now Mr T is going to lead us to better times when he was dumb enough to sign Holmes for 50 m ? ????--Im numb----3 ny teams Mets, Jets Knicks --1 ring in 40 + years---wow

I count 5 in those 40 plus years (2 Mets, one Jets, two Knicks) but why quibble over a little math when it's so important to tell everyone how miserable your life is

Hang in there...hope we see a SB soon....

It'll get better. i promise.

And you know what else will help? If you use paragraphs when going on one of these rants. It makes it a lot easier on my eyes.

Thank you.

-Board Police

Cheer up dude.

We beat both 1 seeds and a 2 seed at 9-7 to win the SB. I'd say that's pretty unlikely to happen. Theres no reason you guys can't get to the dance next year and win it. I wouldn't worry Jet's fans.

I'd say there's at least a one in 32 chance the Jets win a championship next year. 32 is also how many years I've been waiting...

Archived