Pat Hanlon - What is this guys problem????

JetsFan220

Saw this in the Star Ledger this morning, and I get it, Rex has a big mouth and people love to shut him up, but can't this guy enjoy the fact that his team just want the Super Bowl and not think about Rex?

This is not the first time Hanlon has personally attacked Rex, he has done it on twitter multiple times....

INDIANAPOLIS — It was a reprise of the February 2008 performance of “Sweet Caroline,” sung not by Neil Diamond but rather the Giants’ equipment staff.

The group was led by Ed Wagner — “Wags” to those who know him well. Senior vice president of communication Pat Hanlon claimed he was providing the backing vocals, but he was very much out front when he lowered the mic and got a rise out of the postgame-party crowd in the ballroom on the second floor of the Marriott Downtown in this morning’s wee hours.

“I have one question to ask: Who really runs the city?” was how those who were there recalled the scene and Hanlon’s reference to Rex Ryan and the Jets. “Tell that to Fat Boy.”.....

Full Article: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/giants_celebrate_super_bowl_ti.html

It's pretty easy to see the value of a man when they stoop to petty name calling and personal attacks. Never once has Rex publicly insulted another player, coach or team official. To the victor gi the spoils, without a doubt and very well deserved, but the personal attacks are pathetic.

Just like people say Rex and his defense paint a bullseye on his offensive players, this clown boy not only isn't a player, but he's a desk-jockey.

Please refresh my memory, when was the last time Rex ever personally insulted or belittled an opponent? Oh, that's right, I remember. HE'S NEVER ******* DONE THAT!

Thats besides the point -- We love Rex for his Bravado -- other teams and their fans not so much.

Jets stuck watching Giants' Super sequel

Giants Blog

Last Updated: 9:03 AM, February 7, 2012

Posted: 2:39 AM, February 7, 2012

More icon_print.gif Print

bart_hubbuch.pngBart Hubbuch

Hey, what time is the Jets’ parade this morning?

What’s that, you say? It’s the Giants rolling up through the Canyon of Heroes ... again?

That’s funny, because we could have sworn Rex Ryan’s best-selling book last summer — and just about every interview the coach has done the past three years — stated emphatically that New York was a Jets town now, that the staid, fussy Giants were practically Old Europe and that a Gang Green Super Bowl was written in stone.

What Jets fans got instead over the past seven weeks — and for the next several months to come — must feel like an NFL version of Dante’s circles of Hell: a shambles of a season, followed by never-ending locker-room drama, followed by two of their biggest rivals making the Super Bowl, followed by yet another Lombardi Trophy for the Giants.

superbowlxlvi.jpg

07.1s084.Jets1c--300x300.jpg

Paul J. Bereswill

SUPER MOTIVATION: After watching Jason Pierre-Paul and the Giants capture the franchise’s fourth Super Bowl, Mark Sanchez and the Jets must use the moment as motivation for their own run at the title.

New Jet City? That’s so 2011.

The Jets’ back-to-back trips to the AFC title game under Rex are looking awfully small this morning next to the Giants’ two Super Bowl wins this century, especially when you take into account both came at the expense of the Patriots’ Tom Brady and Bill Belichick — two of the biggest tormenters in a Jets history book filled with them.

On the bright side, if the prospect of not one but two Giants parades today (the first in Lower Manhattan, followed by another at the Meadowlands) does not motivate the entire Jets franchise to get their house in order, it’s difficult to imagine what would.

It already seems to have had an effect on Santonio Holmes. Though it’s obviously easy to be upbeat during the offseason, when you’re not playing actual games, the Jets’ head case of a wide receiver has been sending positive messages on Twitter to fans, teammates and especially quarterback Mark Sanchez over the past week.

Many will focus on Ryan’s reaction and whether the Giants’ impressive run will make him more humble (highly doubtful), but how Jets owner Woody Johnson responds to this beyond his congratulatory statement Sunday night will be the much more interesting angle.

If Johnson’s knee-jerk answer is to whip money at Peyton Manning, assuming the two dubious propositions that Manning can regain his arm strength and would even consider playing in the same city as little brother Eli, then watch out — and not in a good way.

Woody did essentially the same thing four years ago with Brett Favre, and, well, we all know how that turned out.

The Jets ended the season with nearly $10 million still available under the salary cap, another sign Johnson isn’t throwing his millions around on the Jets like he once did. But should the owner decide a big, non-Peyton splash in free agency is the quickest way to regain the back pages, he’s flirting with disaster there, too.

The Giants — whose “big” offseason additions were ex-Jets punter Steve Weatherford and center David Baas — offered further proof that free agency is mostly a sucker’s bet in the NFL. This isn’t baseball, where you can buy a championship. Just ask the Eagles.

Whether their critics want to admit it or not, the Jets do have a nucleus of young talent. Patience and good drafting can work wonders, as the Giants and their owners keep showing.

The Jets and their fans would do well to keep that in mind today. It should make all the blue confetti go down easier.

bhubbuch@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/green_with_envy_o02jpMvKcsk6PR746AzpVN#ixzz1li6kgjoP

“To me, it seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts, and that’s what going to happen. I know it’s going to happen because our style of football is different. We are going to take over the town whether the Giants like it or not, so those fans on the fence that like both teams are going to be Jets fans in the end. The truth is, if I am going to watch one game, I am going to see the Jets, without a doubt. We are better.”

Talk it, walk it.

Jets stuck watching Giants' Super sequel

Giants Blog

Last Updated: 9:03 AM, February 7, 2012

Posted: 2:39 AM, February 7, 2012

More icon_print.gif Print

bart_hubbuch.pngBart Hubbuch

Hey, what time is the Jets’ parade this morning?

What’s that, you say? It’s the Giants rolling up through the Canyon of Heroes ... again?

That’s funny, because we could have sworn Rex Ryan’s best-selling book last summer — and just about every interview the coach has done the past three years — stated emphatically that New York was a Jets town now, that the staid, fussy Giants were practically Old Europe and that a Gang Green Super Bowl was written in stone.

What Jets fans got instead over the past seven weeks — and for the next several months to come — must feel like an NFL version of Dante’s circles of Hell: a shambles of a season, followed by never-ending locker-room drama, followed by two of their biggest rivals making the Super Bowl, followed by yet another Lombardi Trophy for the Giants.

superbowlxlvi.jpg

07.1s084.Jets1c--300x300.jpg

Paul J. Bereswill

SUPER MOTIVATION: After watching Jason Pierre-Paul and the Giants capture the franchise’s fourth Super Bowl, Mark Sanchez and the Jets must use the moment as motivation for their own run at the title.

New Jet City? That’s so 2011.

The Jets’ back-to-back trips to the AFC title game under Rex are looking awfully small this morning next to the Giants’ two Super Bowl wins this century, especially when you take into account both came at the expense of the Patriots’ Tom Brady and Bill Belichick — two of the biggest tormenters in a Jets history book filled with them.

On the bright side, if the prospect of not one but two Giants parades today (the first in Lower Manhattan, followed by another at the Meadowlands) does not motivate the entire Jets franchise to get their house in order, it’s difficult to imagine what would.

It already seems to have had an effect on Santonio Holmes. Though it’s obviously easy to be upbeat during the offseason, when you’re not playing actual games, the Jets’ head case of a wide receiver has been sending positive messages on Twitter to fans, teammates and especially quarterback Mark Sanchez over the past week.

Many will focus on Ryan’s reaction and whether the Giants’ impressive run will make him more humble (highly doubtful), but how Jets owner Woody Johnson responds to this beyond his congratulatory statement Sunday night will be the much more interesting angle.

If Johnson’s knee-jerk answer is to whip money at Peyton Manning, assuming the two dubious propositions that Manning can regain his arm strength and would even consider playing in the same city as little brother Eli, then watch out — and not in a good way.

Woody did essentially the same thing four years ago with Brett Favre, and, well, we all know how that turned out.

The Jets ended the season with nearly $10 million still available under the salary cap, another sign Johnson isn’t throwing his millions around on the Jets like he once did. But should the owner decide a big, non-Peyton splash in free agency is the quickest way to regain the back pages, he’s flirting with disaster there, too.

The Giants — whose “big” offseason additions were ex-Jets punter Steve Weatherford and center David Baas — offered further proof that free agency is mostly a sucker’s bet in the NFL. This isn’t baseball, where you can buy a championship. Just ask the Eagles.

Whether their critics want to admit it or not, the Jets do have a nucleus of young talent. Patience and good drafting can work wonders, as the Giants and their owners keep showing.

The Jets and their fans would do well to keep that in mind today. It should make all the blue confetti go down easier.

bhubbuch@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...N#ixzz1li6kgjoP

Oh I feel sooooo much better now reading that.

I find it hilarious (and kind of sad) how unbelievably obsessed the Giants and their fans have become with the Jets over the past three years. If it was meaningless as they all try to sell it as, they wouldn't feel the need to endlessly ramble on about it, even when the team hasn't played in over a month. The truth is, despite the fact that the Giants are still (clearly) the more successful team, the idea that the Jets are anything more than yearly doormats and at times, were even seen as being the better team, is not something they can handle. I don't know a single Jets fan who could give a flying **** what the Giants are doing when the Jets are having success, yet the vast majority of Giants fans seem to think that their teams success means more if the Jets are failing at the same time. Frankly, if the positions were switched I would be more than thrilled to see the Jets having that kind of success and would care less about the Giants either way. It's almost some sort of strange, twisted inferiority complex, because despite them being the more successful team, the Jets dared to actually receive any positive press and have some (albeit limited) success.

He's a moron and we wish he would just shut his mouth.

Brandon Jacobs on the other hand is a moron who we wish would keep his mouth open. At least Jacobs is entertaining. I for one don't think I will ever get sick of hearing him scream at reporters about how he wants to "decapitate people", or call coaches "bastards".

Hanlon is just someone with diarrhea of the mouth. Nothing more

I find it hilarious (and kind of sad) how unbelievably obsessed the Giants and their fans have become with the Jets over the past three years. If it was meaningless as they all try to sell it as, they wouldn't feel the need to endlessly ramble on about it, even when the team hasn't played in over a month. The truth is, despite the fact that the Giants are still (clearly) the more successful team, the idea that the Jets are anything more than yearly doormats and at times, were even seen as being the better team, is not something they can handle. I don't know a single Jets fan who could give a flying **** what the Giants are doing when the Jets are having success, yet the vast majority of Giants fans seem to think that their teams success means more if the Jets are failing at the same time. Frankly, if the positions were switched I would be more than thrilled to see the Jets having that kind of success and would care less about the Giants either way. It's almost some sort of strange, twisted inferiority complex, because despite them being the more successful team, the Jets dared to actually receive any positive press and have some (albeit limited) success.

it's no different then the "Abort Mission: The Best of Patriot Reign 37". When you shoot your mouth off, and play the fool people are going to remember when they kick your a$$.

Rex deserves this. Sadly, the fans are going to have to suffer for his big mouth

Find it hilarous Jints fans and the media try to make it sound like the Giants fans somehow have class or some nonsense. May be Giants fans are a little older, but otherwise it's 2 very similar fans bases in the same area mostly indistinguishable spare the green and blue they wear-2 collections of beer-swilling loudmouths in the same geogrpahic area.

I agree, they were the center of attention for 2.5 weeks and the Jets still managed to grab headlines becuase the giants players, coaches, and even front office kept bringing them up

it's no different then the "Abort Mission: The Best of Patriot Reign 37". When you shoot your mouth off, and play the fool people are going to remember when they kick your a$$.

Rex deserves this. Sadly, the fans are going to have to suffer for his big mouth

I get what you're saying to an extent. I guess the point more than anything is that outside of Rex, you never hear a single word out of the Jets players about the Giants, and I don't really know any Jets fans who are ever particularly worried about how the teams measure up against each other (outside of recent weeks, because of the circumstances). And that held true for the prior two seasons when the Jets were the significantly more successful team. Meanwhile, the Giants players and fans can not stop constantly comparing themselves to the Jets at every turn. It's just strange. The point is that despite the fact that guys like Jacobs and Tuck cannot stop themselves from constantly talking about the Jets, if the Jets were to go off and win a Super Bowl, I could give less of a damn about that or anything else about the Giants.

Maybe it drives the Giants players to talk about the Jets, who knows?

They actually looked like they wanted the season to continue, unlike us last year when there were clearly guys checked out by the time we got to Pittsburgh. They told me this would only go 16 weeks!

I get what you're saying to an extent. I guess the point more than anything is that outside of Rex, you never hear a single word out of the Jets players about the Giants, and I don't really know any Jets fans who are ever particularly worried about how the teams measure up against each other (outside of recent weeks, because of the circumstances). And that held true for the prior two seasons when the Jets were the significantly more successful team. Meanwhile, the Giants players and fans can not stop constantly comparing themselves to the Jets at every turn. It's just strange. The point is that despite the fact that guys like Jacobs and Tuck cannot stop themselves from constantly talking about the Jets, if the Jets were to go off and win a Super Bowl, I could give less of a damn about that or anything else about the Giants.

The Jets- Giants rivalry isn’t what it was in the AFL/NFL days. We play one another once every 4 years or so. For the most part the fans ignore one another, except in certain situations, like this.

For some reason Rex decided to re-fire up the intense hatred. He came out firing blanks. The Giants players took it personal. Most Jets fans, or players, don’t really care.

Most of the rhetoric by the Giants players, and coaches, are directed at Rex, as it should. Unfortunately Giants fans are going to taunt Jets fans 10X more then they did 4 years ago.

He's a moron and we wish he would just shut his mouth.

Brandon Jacobs on the other hand is a moron who we wish would keep his mouth open. At least Jacobs is entertaining. I for one don't think I will ever get sick of hearing him scream at reporters about how he wants to "decapitate people", or call coaches "bastards".

Hanlon is just someone with diarrhea of the mouth. Nothing more

Yeah, Pat Hanlon is a maniac.

Before the season started he was getting into twitter fights with Giant fans over the lack of moves the team had made and the players they lost. It was quite hilarious.

I've been saying it for a couple years now.

Giants fans think they're Yankees fans, and act like Mets fans.

Find it hilarous Jints fans and the media try to make it sound like the Giants fans somehow have class or some nonsense. May be Giants fans are a little older, but otherwise it's 2 very similar fans bases in the same area mostly indistinguishable spare the green and blue they wear-2 collections of beer-swilling loudmouths in the same geogrpahic area.

Ironically, the Giants appear classier because Hanlon controls the flow of information that comes out of that locker room. Justin Tuck has inferred on several occasions that there was a lot of infighting going on with the Giants this year, but only once (Rolle) did it make it to the papers. That's Hanlon. If Hanlon worked for the Jets, all these "anonymous" sources we're seeing never appear in print.

I think you're exaggerating a bit, and being kind of biased. If we had a loudmouth coach that bashed your team non stop for 3 years, proclaiming ourselves the real "kings of New York" without proving anything, and then YOU won the Super Bowl (after an essential playoff game with the other team), you don't think your players or fans would be doing that same thing?

To say that Giants players are "constantly" comparing themselves to the Jets at every turn is simply not true. A few SELECT people made a few comments in response to questions they were asked by the media, is more like what really happened.

I personally think it's stupid, but Rex alone has said more himself in the past 3 years than the entire Giants organization has combined.

As pointed out before, Rex re-ignited the entire feud, which up until 3 years ago was pretty much a pre-season bragging rights feud.

(either way I always pray for a Jets/Giants super bowl every year)

I think you're exaggerating a bit, and being kind of biased. If we had a loudmouth coach that bashed your team non stop for 3 years, proclaiming ourselves the real "kings of New York" without proving anything, and then YOU won the Super Bowl (after an essential playoff game with the other team), you don't think your players or fans would be doing that same thing?

To say that Giants players are "constantly" comparing themselves to the Jets at every turn is simply not true. A few SELECT people made a few comments in response to questions they were asked by the media, is more like what really happened.

I personally think it's stupid, but Rex alone has said more himself in the past 3 years than the entire Giants organization has combined.

As pointed out before, Rex re-ignited the entire feud, which up until 3 years ago was pretty much a pre-season bragging rights feud.

I understand the mindset. But who the F is Pat Hanlon. I'll take it from any player or coach on the Giants. But it seems obnoxious coming from a PR guy. Ironic too, when you take into account the 'class' thing the Giants play up.

Fair post

Wouldn't it be cool if the 2014 Super Bowl were Jets Giants. One can only dream

You are right they have all the right in the world to fire back, but don't stand up and applaud yourself for letting your play doing the talking and staying out of the war of words then turn around and talk smack once it favors you to do so....

its almost the question of what is worse a guy like Rex who is always confident and always has that bravado no matter what or the team that waits for their team to win or be successful before they start talking smack....

I understand the mindset. But who the F is Pat Hanlon. I'll take it from any player or coach on the Giants. But it seems obnoxious coming from a PR guy. Ironic too, when you take into account the 'class' thing the Giants play up.

Yeah sorry for not clarifying better.

Hanlon is a complete buffoon. He is literally a monosyllabic moron who is a living, breathing, gag reel.

You're right though, if there is ONE person who has no room to talk..it's him.

As someone else mentioned, he was actually cursing out Giants fans in the pre-season on twitter and message boards....lol

Archived