Is this rock bottom as a franchise?

Matt39

The home game has become overrated though. Teams are winning Super Bowls on the road now.

With the awful way the season ended last year, to letting solid locker room guys walk, to the dysfunction that occured this year, losing to the Giants and then having the Giants win the entire thing. The Jets have never looked worse and that's including Kotite.

Wow that is a bit of an overstatement. Back off the ledge slowly......slowly.

After the second trip to the conference championship, I think Tannenbaum and Rex were not looking at things objectively. This team wasn not nearly as good as they thought it was. Having no depth on the O-Line hurt the Jets big time. Thinking that the Jets D was good enough to over come a serious deficit at safety and again, having a year without a pass rusher. Did they mess up the offseason before last season Yup.... Looking worse thatn Kotite, NO a thousand time NO.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If 8-8 is a lowpoint than I will sign up for that everytime.

So we all got caught up in the hype and got kicked in the nuts for it again. Am I surprised ?

No...

Lowpoints are watching half your team walk away like they did in 94 and then have to watch your team go 3-13 in 95 and 1-15 in 96.

Lowpoints are watching the stadium chant Let's go Raiders like they did in 95.

Lowpoints are watching your team miss the playoffs for 11 straight years 1970-1980.

This is nothing.

Wait so mid-year when EY was whining about how we had beaten "no one", but combined, both Superbowl teams had the same amount of regular season wins against plus .500 teams? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! No offense EY but in your face dudeeeeeeeee

Your math is wrong and you look stupid.

Where did I do that? Personnel wise, its similar. Good enough to not totally suck, crappy enough to not be serious.

"Herm part deux" - I took that as calling Rex, part deux of Herman Edwards.

Still think you're wrong. This team is very good. As long as Sanchez doesnt throw the season away like he did when they were 8-5...the Jets will be in the playoffs, for the 3rd time in 4 years which only good talented Football teams do.

"Herm part deux" - I took that as calling Rex, part deux of Herman Edwards.

Still think you're wrong. This team is very good. As long as Sanchez doesnt throw the season away like he did when they were 8-5...the Jets will be in the playoffs, for the 3 time in 4 years which only good talented Football teams do.

Should have said the Herm years. Herm made the playoffs three times too.

No it wasn't.

Yep. That SB was the best I ever felt watching a pro football game in my life. I never hated the Giants so it was an easy transition rooting for them, but I absolutely loathe Brady, Belichick, Patriots and all things Boston. It was the perfect storm of emotion.

When Brady was sacked on the final drive I was screaming out my mind, "**** you, Brady! **** you, Brady! **** you!!!"

It felt amazing.

Yep. That SB was the best I ever felt watching a pro football game in my life. I never hated the Giants so it was an easy transition rooting for them, but I absolutely loathe Brady, Belichick, Patriots and all things Boston. It was the perfect storm of emotion.

When Brady was sacked on the final drive I was screaming out my mind, "**** you, Brady! **** you, Brady! **** you!!!"

It felt amazing.

U and Me both, i screamed so loud my dog got scared

thinkin of making move to packers, both wear green and #Arod is the man, best i have ever seen

It felt amazing.

Well, I have hated the Giants in the past (the douchebag Parcells/Beliprick years were brutal) but I don't hate Eli (in fact I like him and wish Sanchez sucked like he does) and I found myself laughing maniacally when Welker dropped that pass.

If you had LET us guess...ya jackanape....the OBVIOUS answer would have been bad offensive systems.

Ah yes, the old system. Totally the reason a squirtgun armed Qb couldnt produce vs. good D's. That and Curtis Martin. I've come to find out reading this board that he sucked really bad and held this team back from greatness.

Ah yes, the old system. Totally the reason a squirtgun armed Qb couldnt produce vs. good D's. That and Curtis Martin. I've come to find out reading this board that he sucked really bad and held this team back from greatness.

The thing is that neither the System or Martin knew how to play in big games.

You read incorrectly. Curtis was a very good RB for a long time who didn't produce on the biggest stages. Simple as that.

The thing is that neither the System or Martin knew how to play in big games.

You read incorrectly. Curtis was a very good RB for a long time who didn't produce on the biggest stages. Simple as that.

Yep, just like 90% of RB's in the NFL. You typically face tough D's in the postseason which are good at shutting down rushing attacks.

Quick question: who has more playoff TD's....Curtis Martin or Walter Payton?

Yep, just like 90% of RB's in the NFL. You typically face tough D's in the postseason which are good at shutting down rushing attacks.

Quick question: who has more playoff TD's....Curtis Martin or Walter Payton?

Does it matter? Martin was supposed to prop up the offense so that Franchise Pennington could operate freely. He did not let that happen, and his QB was hung out to dry. Just imagine what Pennington would have done with both a RB that knew how to win and a system that allowed the QBs to operate to the elite potential all Jets QBs have had.

Does it matter? Martin was supposed to prop up the offense so that Franchise Pennington could operate freely. He did not let that happen, and his QB was hung out to dry. Just imagine what Pennington would have done with both a RB that knew how to win and a system that allowed the QBs to operate to the elite potential all Jets QBs have had.

Yes it does...because the argument is poop. Plenty of all time great RB's get shut down in the playoffs. Thats why its the playoffs.

Martin has 1 bad postseason game, yes it was a HUGE game, but Vinny also forgot how to play Football that game too. Its amazing how he is the scapegoat for that game when the entire team sh*t the bed.

Oakland, San Diego, Pitt - all great D's that Chadwick couldnt do sh*t vs. but Martin still found ways to produce. Often being the best passing threat and the ony running threat facing 9 in the box.. Shocks me how this all forgoten.

You're actually defending Pennington, saying the reason he sucked was Curtis Martin? :face:

You are no longer allowed to ever share an opinion on a quarterback.

Yes it does...because the argument is poop. Plenty of all time great RB's get shut down in the playoffs. Thats why its the playoffs.

Martin has 1 bad postseason game, yes it was a HUGE game, but Vinny also forgot how to play Football that game too. Its amazing how he is the scapegoat for that game when the entire team sh*t the bed.

Oakland, San Diego, Pitt - all great D's that Chadwick couldnt do sh*t vs. but Martin still found ways to produce. Often being the best passing threat and the ony running threat facing 9 in the box.. Shocks me how this all forgoten.

I realize this is very Lou of me, but you're totally getting Dorn'd here.

For the love of God, your butt-buddy got fired, just deal with it and cut the sh*t already.

Archived