Is this rock bottom as a franchise?

Matt39

Wow, you've officially gone off the deep end. You clearly have a MAJOR inferiority complex when it comes to your Jets fandom, and I'm sorry to hear that, but that's your problem, not a team problem. The fact that in your mind you warped the Giants' NFC Championship game into "one of the more classic battles in NFL history" is pretty much evidence enough to prove you have lost all grasp on reality. The truth is, if not for a last second inactive that caused the 49ers to use a backup punt returner who handed the Giants the ball twice in scoring range, accounting for half of the Giants' points, that "classic battle" would have been an a$$-kicking far worse than the one the Jets suffered at the hands of the Steelers. Yeah, the Giants won so they've got nothing to apologize for, and good for them, but the rest of this is just pure gibberish.

Did you watch the game? That was one of the better football games I've seen in a while especially with the new rules regarding passing. It was a classic defensive battle that we hardly ever see anymore. The best game of the playoffs imo.

it has nothing to do with inferiority...but yes I wish the Jets front office were able to do what the Giants manage to do when evaluating talent.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isnt rock bottom for the Jets at all. Divisions and conferences matter. Giants dont have to worry about playing the Pats twice a year minus the playoffs. They dont have to worry about the Steelers defense, The Colts (with Manning) Offense, the Ravens defense, on top of the fact that these are all playoff/elite caliber teams, meaning that if you make the playoffs YOU WILL face these teams. Outside of the Saints and the Packers (in which Rogers just became a sensation a year ago) who the hell is in the NFC that we can consider to be a dominate team? The Falcons? The 9ers? C'mon. The 49er's, though I respect and really liked what Alex Smith and that "D" did this year, won 13 games in a division that they share with the Cards, Seahawks and Rams. Imagine the Jets in that division. Though the Giants won the superbowl lucked up and only won 1 more game than we did on the season. They're fortunate to be in the NFC I'll tell you that. What would be considered mediocre AFC teams would be awesome in the NFC such as the Chargers, Texans, Jets, Bengals etc.

The Giants are a very good team in a fairly weak division in comparison to the AFC East and in a obviously weak conference in comparison to the AFC. You couldnt win 9 games and win the AFC East let alone make the playoffs from our division. A couple years ago the Pats won 11 games and missed the playoffs. Thats virtually unheard of in the NFC and that level of competition is what the Jets have been dealing with for the past 10 years. Im not complaining, its how the cookie crumbles. But for Jet fans to feel like this is rock bottom, Id give that to the Vikings first in respects to talent/team record.

This is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever read anywhere.

Are you actually and seriously trying to make the argument that the Jets had a tougher schedule this year?

Not sure about you, but I'd really rather play the Dolphins and Bills twice a year instead of the NFC east who's worst team is consistently hovering around .500

But yeah, playing the Packers, Saints, niners, Cowboys, Cowboys, Eagles, Eagles every year is cake.

So true.

I dont let things like that bother me. When the Jags blew out the Jets - 41-0, my office was covered with articles, pictures, J-e-t-s sucks sucks sucks. You name it. It was funny. I laughed. And moved on. Who cares? Its a game, that I watch for entertainment. I was born a Jets fan. I didnt pick this sh*tty team and by no means am I ever embarrassed about something that have absolutely no control over.

it's more frustrating than embarrassing. But its just football I guess.

I could just see that now. Smash yelling about the o-line, WR's, and Schott, with adrenaline tears flowing and punches fueled by retard strength and shame wailing down on the perpetrator.

LMFAO - and then after he explains how Sanchez is not at fault at all - I imagine a Mike Gundy like rant.

Did you watch the game? That was one of the better football games I've seen in a while especially with the new rules regarding passing. It was a classic defensive battle that we hardly ever see anymore. The best game of the playoffs imo.

it has nothing to do with inferiority...but yes I wish the Jets front office were able to do what the Giants manage to do when evaluating talent.

The point more than anything is this is clearly all in your head. And of course it has to do with inferiority, your entire point with this thread is that this is the worst time in franchise history because, despite having a significantly more talented team than a great number of times in the past, another team that the Jets play once every 4 years won a Super Bowl, and it hurts your feelings that their fans are all around you. Regardless of if it was a good game, it's ridiculous that you're trying to use a game that had nothing to do with the Jets, which the Giants' lose without twice getting handed the ball, as some sort of statement about the Jets. Not to mention this all-time fantastic team was lucky that 9 wins was enough to not just make the playoffs, but win their division and get a home game, while also having the 49ers save them from having to travel to NO.

The point more than anything is this is clearly all in your head. And of course it has to do with inferiority, your entire point with this thread is that this is the worst time in franchise history because, despite having a significantly more talented team than a great number of times in the past, another team that the Jets play once every 4 years won a Super Bowl, and it hurts your feelings that their fans are all around you. Regardless of if it was a good game, it's ridiculous that you're trying to use a game that had nothing to do with the Jets, which the Giants' lose without twice getting handed the ball, as some sort of statement about the Jets. Not to mention this all-time fantastic team was lucky that 9 wins was enough to not just make the playoffs, but win their division and get a home game, while also having the 49ers save them from having to travel to NO.

It's clearly in our franchises head if anything. We popped off and now were running around apoligizing for it putting full paged ad's in newspapers congratulating a team that has zero respect for the Jets organization.

it annoys me. If it doesnt to you, that's cool. Its just my opinion.

The Jets were lucky as hell to make it in the playoffs in 2009. The main difference is once they each got there the Giants won it all, and the Jets didn't. In the end, who really gives a crap, it doesn't make a difference, but you can't say the Giants weren't lucky to even be in it to begin with, because if playing in any other division in the league they're very likely sitting at home when the playoffs start. Bottom line though, every team that wins the Super Bowl needs a little bit of luck along the way, there's nothing wrong with that.

Any other division except the entire AFC right?

Or more specifically the mighty AFC east that the Giants went 4-0 against this year?

Somehow the Giants sweep your division and win the Super Bowl while still having to play the Packers, Saints, Niners, Cowboys and Eagles twice and it's clearly only because they had an easy schedule yet the divisions difficulty is somehow magically intensified when you substitute in the word "Jets".

I dunno about you, but I'd trade divisions with you in a heart beat. If my worst fear is playing Tom Brady twice, I think we'd be able to deal with it at this point.

On second thought though by your brilliant logic IF every Giants opponent returned every kickoff for a touchdown, completed every pass, and never fumbled the Giants WOULD HAVE!!11111 went 0-16...So clearly they should have gone 0-16 because all of that COULD HAVE HAPPENED! The fact that they even won a game is purely luck based.

Or more specifically the mighty AFC east that the Giants went 4-0 against this year?

Somehow the Giants sweep your division and win the Super Bowl while still having to play the Packers, Saints, Niners, Cowboys and Eagles twice and it's clearly only because they had an easy schedule yet the divisions difficulty is somehow magically intensified when you substitute in the word "Jets".

I dunno about you, but I'd trade divisions with you in a heart beat. If my worst fear is playing Tom Brady twice, I think we'd be able to deal with it at this point.

He's an angry elf.

Tenants in a stadium, a coach who cant shutup and a team that showed little interest in having his back, the other team in this town basically openly taking a piss on the organization who celebrated being the AFC runners up like they won something....like I said there were no expecations back then, it doesnt get much worse than it does right now.

And oh yeah, we dont have a qb.

:hand:

On second thought though by your brilliant logic IF every Giants opponent returned every kickoff for a touchdown, completed every pass, and never fumbled the Giants WOULD HAVE!!11111 went 0-16...So clearly they should have gone 0-16 because all of that COULD HAVE HAPPENED! The fact that they even won a game is purely luck based.

LOL... are you ******* serious with this? How could I be so silly as to not fall down to my knees in front of the almighty Giants and dare question their utter regular season dominance of an unmatchable 9 wins?! I don't know how I could have been so blind, the Giants had absolutely no luck whatsoever all season long. It was their pure dominance that made the rest of their division too scared to dare to win their other games, and them having the worst record of all division winners in the NFL was all part of their devious master plan.

If you came here with the thought you could pound your chest and have the lowly Jets fans praise you and your entire team as the unbelievably flawless model of football perfection, you can feel free to go **** yourself and be sure not to let the door hit your a$$ on the way off this site.

Are you actually and seriously trying to make the argument that the Jets had a tougher schedule this year?

Not sure about you, but I'd really rather play the Dolphins and Bills twice a year instead of the NFC east who's worst team is consistently hovering around .500

But yeah, playing the Packers, Saints, niners, Cowboys, Cowboys, Eagles, Eagles every year is cake.

Except they don't play the Packers, Saints and Niners every year. Not to mention that until this year playing the Niners recently was like getting and extra bye week and a free win for most teams.

That's not how logic works. :face:

LOL... are you ******* serious with this? How could I be so silly as to not fall down to my knees in front of the almighty Giants and dare question their utter regular season dominance of an unmatchable 9 wins?! I don't know how I could have been so blind, the Giants had absolutely no luck whatsoever all season long. It was their pure dominance that made the rest of their division too scared to dare to win their other games, and them having the worst record of all division winners in the NFL was all part of their devious master plan.

If you came here with the thought you could pound your chest and have the lowly Jets fans praise you and your entire team as the unbelievably flawless model of football perfection, you can feel free to go **** yourself and be sure not to let the door hit your a$$ on the way off this site.

No. I like this forum, and I like Jets fans, and I always hope that the Jets have success every year. Because if nothing else they are a local team and the team that more than half of my family supports. So you can cut the "jet hater" argument off right now. Because I am the complete opposite.

All I'm trying to point out is that your arguments are just ridiculous. You're trying to claim that everything the Giants did that was good was luck based and due to an easy schedule. I point out that the Giants had the #1 ranked schedule in difficulty this year and on top of that go 4-0 against the mighty AFC east and somehow all of this is irrelevant to you.

Every argument you have is basically "If Ted Ginn played I KNOW FOR A FACT THE NINERS WOULD HAVE WON!" or "IF WES WELKER CATCHY A sh*t PASS FROM BRADY I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEY WOULD HAVE WON AND ELI WOULD NOT HAVE SCORED!" or "IF GRONKOWSKI WAS HEALTHY BLACKBURN WOULD NOT HAVE INTERCEPTED THAT PASS!"

It's really just a joke. You only apply the what if's when it supports your argument, and disregard every single other variable in the world.

But seriously: Go Jets. Nothing would make me happier than having both NY teams meet in the SB every year.

Except they don't play the Packers, Saints and Niners every year. Not to mention that until this year playing the Niners recently was like getting and extra bye week and a free win for most teams.

...But they did this year, and the niners were relevant and the Giants won the super bowl, correct?

And do the Jets play the Steelers and Ravens every year?

So whats your point?

...But they did this year, and the niners were relevant and won the super bowl, correct?

And do the Jets play the Steelers and Ravens every year?

So whats your point?

The Niners didn't win the SB, the Giants did, I thought you were a big fan?

All kidding aside, I thinks BG's point is that there is an element of luck involved in winning and that's ok. You won. Be happy about that.

But to say that the Giants are some kind of dominant team is just ridiculous. If they were, they would have won more than nine regular season games.

The Giants had a tougher schedule than the Jets, but not by much. Giants SOS was .520 to the Jets .500. The Giants also had a better SOV at .465 to .398. The Giants only beat 1 team with a winning record (Pats) and the Jets didn't beat any, but neither did the Pats.

This was a weak year in AFC with better teams in the NFC. It just so happened Giants played all of them.

Finally, the Giants had 4 godawful losses this year which accounts for their 9-7 record--losing twice to Skins, the Young led Eagles, and the Seahawks.

No. I like this forum, and I like Jets fans, and I always hope that the Jets have success every year. Because if nothing else they are a local team and the team that more than half of my family supports. So you can cut the "jet hater" argument off right now. Because I am the complete opposite.

All I'm trying to point out is that your arguments are just ridiculous. You're trying to claim that everything the Giants did that was good was luck based and due to an easy schedule. I point out that the Giants had the #1 ranked schedule in difficulty this year and on top of that go 4-0 against the mighty AFC east and somehow all of this is irrelevant to you.

Every argument you have is basically "If Ted Ginn played I KNOW FOR A FACT THE NINERS WOULD HAVE WON!" or "IF WES WELKER CATCHY A sh*t PASS FROM BRADY I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEY WOULD HAVE WON AND ELI WOULD NOT HAVE SCORED!" or "IF GRONKOWSKI WAS HEALTHY BLACKBURN WOULD NOT HAVE INTERCEPTED THAT PASS!"

It's really just a joke. You only apply the what if's when it supports your argument, and disregard every single other variable in the world.

But seriously: Go Jets. Nothing would make me happier than having both NY teams meet in the SB every year.

I actually never said anything about their schedule, so I have no idea where you're coming up with that from. The bottom line is regardless of who the Giants played, they were lucky to make the playoffs with 9 wins, just like EVERY team who makes the playoffs with 9 or less wins (including the 2009 Jets) are lucky to make it. The truth is, they had the worst record of any division-winner in the entire NFL, and the same exact record as the Tennessee Titans, who sat at home watching the playoffs. So yeah, like it or not, there's a good chance that if they had 9 wins in any division but the NFC East, they're sitting at home, and certainly don't get a home playoff game.

If you actually take the time to read everything I've said about the Giants, I have repeatedly said the only thing that matters is in the end they won it all, and every team who's going to win a Super Bowl needs a little luck along the way. The point is, there's a difference in a team getting their win, and that team being held up on a pedestal of unfathomable greatness that can never be matched because of that win, especially in the case of that NFC Championship, when it's a close victory that was greatly helped by two muffed punts. If I was a Giants fan, I would give less of a **** how they win, and neither should you, because in the end it doesn't matter. But as a Jets fan, I'm not going to sit here and pretend like that should mean a damn thing about what the Jets team currently is, or what it will be in the future, which while that may not be your point, it was the point of this nonsensical thread and the point that my comments were directed at.

The Niners didn't win the SB, the Giants did, I thought you were a big fan?

All kidding aside, I thinks BG's point is that there is an element of luck involved in winning and that's ok. You won. Be happy about that.

But to say that the Giants are some kind of dominant team is just ridiculous. If they were, they would have won more than nine regular season games.

Theres an element of luck involved in every single teams season that has ever won the super bowl. My entire point is that it's completely ludicrous to makes these bizarre statements essentially proclaiming 100% "What should have! And could have happened!! Therefore every accomplishment despite that is completely tainted!

I didn't say that the Giants were a dominant team all I did was simply state facts to support my argument which are apparently unpopular here. The Giants DID sweep the AFC east, The Giants DID have the toughest schedule in the entire NFL, The Giants DID beat both 1 seeds and a 2 seed in the playoffs.

Yet all of this is discredited because Ted Ginn would not have fumbled, Gronkowski would have outjumped Chase, Brady would have definitely scored IF Welker caught a pass, luck luck luck luck luck.

Yet we only selectively mention the what-if's that would have went AGAINST the Giants to make our luck argument.

I actually never said anything about their schedule, so I have no idea where you're coming up with that from. The bottom line is regardless of who the Giants played, they were lucky to make the playoffs with 9 wins, just like EVERY team who makes the playoffs with 9 or less wins (including the 2009 Jets) are lucky to make it. The truth is, they had the worst record of any division-winner in the entire NFL, and the same exact record as the Tennessee Titans, who sat at home watching the playoffs. So yeah, like it or not, there's a good chance that if they had 9 wins in any division but the NFC East, they're sitting at home, and certainly don't get a home playoff game.

If you actually take the time to read everything I've said about the Giants, I have repeatedly said the only thing that matters is in the end they won it all, and every team who's going to win a Super Bowl needs a little luck along the way. The point is, there's a difference in a team getting their win, and that team being held up on a pedestal of unfathomable greatness that can never be matched because of that win, especially in the case of that NFC Championship, when it's a close victory that was greatly helped by two muffed punts. If I was a Giants fan, I would give less of a **** how they win, and neither should you, because in the end it doesn't matter. But as a Jets fan, I'm not going to sit here and pretend like that should mean a damn thing about what the Jets team currently is, or what it will be in the future, which while that may not be your point, it was the point of this nonsensical thread and the point that my comments were directed at.

Fair enough. Apologies.

Theres an element of luck involved in every single teams season that has ever won the super bowl. My entire point is that it's completely ludicrous to makes these bizarre statements essentially proclaiming 100% "What should have! And could have happened!! Therefore every accomplishment despite that is completely tainted!

I didn't say that the Giants were a dominant team all I did was simply state facts to support my argument which are apparently unpopular here. The Giants DID sweep the AFC east, The Giants DID have the toughest schedule in the entire NFL, The Giants DID beat both 1 seeds and a 2 seed in the playoffs.

Yet all of this is discredited because Ted Ginn would not have fumbled, Gronkowski would have outjumped Chase, Brady would have definitely scored IF Welker caught a pass, luck luck luck luck luck.

Yet we only selectively mention the what-if's that would have went AGAINST the Giants to make our luck argument.

The Giants also got swept by the Redskins. Just sayin'.

The Giants DID have the toughest schedule in the entire NFL

Actually, no, the Giants didn't.

Believe it or not, the Rams had the toughest schedule in the NFL, with a .590 SOS

They played the Packers (15-1), Niners twice (13-3), Saints (13-3), Ravens (12-4), Steelers (12-4), Giants (9-7), and Bengals (9-7)

Giants had the 6th toughest schedule in NFC, 8th toughest overall.

No, it's only being mentioned about the Giants, because the Giants are the only team that our buddy Matt here apparently has a massive inferiority complex about. I think you're just a tad hyper-sensitive, because I haven't even seen half of the points you made mentioned in this thread, and certainly not by me. Again, you have to understand this entire thread is conversation revolving around a person (I know that person isn't you) who seems to think the Jets franchise is at an all-time low because of the Giants' Super Bowl victory, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

When I'm told why I should be utterly ashamed of this team on the basis that the Giants' had the greatest NFC Championship victory of all time when they pulled off a very close victory, while the Jets were an embarrassment to all of the NFL the prior year because of a close loss caused by a bad half of football, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to buy into that crap. The truth is that both games came down to a small handful of plays and a few bounces of the ball. Don't get me wrong, the Giants deserved their championship game win waaaaaaay more than the Pats did, but that doesn't mean they weren't greatly helped by a few lucky bounces. Good for the Giants that they got their Super Bowl win, and they have nothing to apologize for, but that doesn't change when took place over the course of the prior 20 weeks.

Dearest Mike

your midgets won the stupid superbowl last Sunday --- please pickup new bandwagon Giant fan SMC and go find a Midget message board to infect with your virus...

Thank you

Jet fans

Do you have any suggestions on good Giants message boards? I haven't found any yet. Thanks!

I'll promise to give you a worthy rebutt when you get over 200 posts. Something tells me you're just a temp here.

Archived