Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

I havent watched too much b-ball since the great one, Reggie Miller retired. But I got to see alittle bit of Jeremy Lin, and this guy kinda puts a smile on my face.

I always liked the ball player who obviously didnt have all the talent, but their hard work made them overachievers. I may start following the knicks believe it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGL-6kMNNoI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvlnYlxkbIQ

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Lin looks like he knows how to play the point guard position. Actually enjoyed watching a Knick game for the first time in years.

Growing up as a Pacer fan in the 90's Im used to the Knicks being an elite, competitive team. I really felt bad for them this past decade. Lin is really making me want to start watching basketball again.

25.3 - 3.6 - 8.3 in the last three games against Dwill, harris and john wall. He's not gonna blow you away with any freakish athleticism ala rose, westbrook or wall (although that dunk surprised the hell out of me!), but he clearly has a very solid understanding for the game, works the pick n roll well, always has his head up and never gives up his dribble. In a D'Antoni system, those are the only attributes you need to run it beautifully and the kid has all of them. He's a decent shooter and if anyone has followed Mike long enough you know that he makes poor shooters into respectable ones and good shooters into great ones. I'm definitely excited as this is the biggest piece we were missing.

Also, I miss teh Falcon.

Really? Are the knicks so bad you guys think he is that good?

I just watched my first basketball game in years and Lin just owned Kobe. He dropped 37 of the Knicks 92 points while shooting over 50%. The kid is pretty good. Just led them to a win. Whats great about him is not just offense, when the knicks needed defensive turnovers in the 4th to hold the lead you saw Lin taking the charge.

Something told me that I would eventually go from a Pacer fan to a Knick fan after Reggie retired only because of the respect that I had for the knicks throughout the 90's. They made for some great memories. After that Era I always rooted for the Knicks to get better. Lin is making me think that its about that time. Basketball is looking pretty good again to me.

Archived