Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, 20 and 8 isnt bad though his shooting % was way down. To his credit though he's been playing on beast mode for like a week playing major minutes. Dude looked pretty worn out and probably emotionally given that this past week has been an absolute rollercoaster for him. These next 2 days will do some major justice. He'll be able to finally gameplan for a team while being able to rest and let that stamina return.

As for those Knick tickets, looks like the wife and I will be at the garden friday to watch LINsane in the membrane pounce ont he Hornets. I think Stoudamire will be back by that time.

Agree his legs were gone in the 2nd half. He looked very sharp in the 1st half but after that he just did not have any hops left to finish off lay-ups. I think his turn overs will go down with more PT and the return of Amare and Carmello. Hopefully he improves a little at the free throw line as well but this is just nit picking considering all that he has done.

Interesting little tidbit from Stephen A. yesterday...

For all of Anthony's size, skills and shooting abilities, the fact that he's perceived as someone needing to hog the ball to be effective is precisely the reason folks are raising eyebrows at the thought of his return to the lineup, pondering if he'll be able to mesh with Lin. They'll be quick to lean on the reasons behind D'Antoni's desire to keep Raymond Felton and Danilo Gallinari as opposed to recognizing that Anthony, according to teammates, was the one imploring D'Antoni to put Lin in the lineup in the first place -- knowing the team needed a legitimate point guard and not Anthony playing point himself in order for the team to have a chance at success this season.

Agree his legs were gone in the 2nd half. He looked very sharp in the 1st half but after that he just did not have any hops left to finish off lay-ups. I think his turn overs will go down with more PT and the return of Amare and Carmello. Hopefully he improves a little at the free throw line as well but this is just nit picking considering all that he has done.

I havent checked his free throw % but the first time I seen him miss a free throw was last night. Then again, I just started watching basketball again this past week lol.

You can see his shot get flat when he tires. It happens at the lone too. Schumpert had a great night and benefitted from not having to play point. He sure gets the crowd into it, even on the road. I wanted them to use him before they sent him to the d league. He looked fast and like he could distribute, but I never expected this

You can see his shot get flat when he tires. It happens at the lone too. Schumpert had a great night and benefitted from not having to play point. He sure gets the crowd into it, even on the road. I wanted them to use him before they sent him to the d league. He looked fast and like he could distribute, but I never expected this

Yep. He was clearly tired and it showed.

What will be interesting will be how he adjusts to defenses. I read that the TWolves watched film and saw that the Knicks were something like 5-21 as a team whenever Lin goes left so they were trying to force him left.

Lastly, I'm sick of the media spin on Melo. Melo is a great scorer and no, he's not an outright ball hog. He's also never had a losing season in his life, but the media tries to paint him as a failure. The reason why the Knicks were struggling ofensively was not because Melo was bringing them down. It was because they had no PG, Melo was getting the crap beaten out of him, and STAT was having a hard time adjusting to truncated season.

Good thing Stephen A pointed out that it was Melo who wanted to get Lin in the lineup.

Yep. He was clearly tired and it showed.

What will be interesting will be how he adjusts to defenses. I read that the TWolves watched film and saw that the Knicks were something like 5-21 as a team whenever Lin goes left so they were trying to force him left.

Lastly, I'm sick of the media spin on Melo. Melo is a great scorer and no, he's not an outright ball hog. He's also never had a losing season in his life, but the media tries to paint him as a failure. The reason why the Knicks were struggling ofensively was not because Melo was bringing them down. It was because they had no PG, Melo was getting the crap beaten out of him, and STAT was having a hard time adjusting to truncated season.

Good thing Stephen A pointed out that it was Melo who wanted to get Lin in the lineup.

People are nuts. It's going to be the same offense except we're replacing ******* Bill Walker with Carmelo Anthony.

Carmelo will most likely ruin everything when he returns by hogging the ball and shooting

Doubtful. Between the reports from Stephen A. Smith on Melo suggesting using Lin to D'Antoni, the knowledge that the fanbase would turn on him if he froze Lin out, and the fact that he looked as giddy as a fat kid on Halloween watching Lin dominate the Lakers, I think things will work out just fine.

Doubtful. Between the reports from Stephen A. Smith on Melo suggesting using Lin to D'Antoni, the knowledge that the fanbase would turn on him if he froze Lin out, and the fact that he looked as giddy as a fat kid on Halloween watching Lin dominate the Lakers, I think things will work out just fine.

Exactly.

The prevailing echo chamber narrative on Melo is just wrong. How is he going to "ruin" it? Hogging the ball? Melo for the season actually averaged less attempts per game than Lin has since he's become the starter. The Knicks haven't had a D'Antoni-esque PG since Felton was traded. Billups couldn't penetrate anymore and so a major component of D'Antoni's system was lost.

Yes, I'm overcome by Linsanity, but I also like these kinda stories in order to investigate the ignored prognosticators who got it right. Whenever there's a story about "something overlooked" be it in sports or tragically in real life (Madoff, 9/11 etc.) there are always people out there who are spot on but ignored.

In this instance, there is both a person and event, the 2010 summer league video being the event. The person is an internet draft writer for Hoops Analyst named Ed Weiland. He's like an FO guy, but for the NBA.

In May 2010 he wrote that Lin was the 2nd best PG prospect in the NBA draft after Wall and could become a star. He did an analysis. Pretty interesting stuff.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=487

That Smith report is interesting. Before Carmelo got hurt there were several times where Carmelo took the ball up court. He didn't last the quarter and I couldn't tell if it was to take some pressure off the kid or to hog the ball. This story and the fact that Lin played around 43 minutes that game make me think it was probably the former. In any event, I doubt Carmelo will be bringing it up very often when he gets back.

That Smith report is interesting. Before Carmelo got hurt there were several times where Carmelo took the ball up court. He didn't last the quarter and I couldn't tell if it was to take some pressure off the kid or to hog the ball. This story and the fact that Lin played around 43 minutes that game make me think it was probably the former. In any event, I doubt Carmelo will be bringing it up very often when he gets back.

Melo was assigned to be the point forward by D'Antoni because all other PG options had failed, thats why he was bringing up the ball. D'Antoni wasnt comfortable leaving the ball in Lin's hand the whole time until he had to when Melo went down to injury.

Archived