Sanchez, has no talent apparently. Am I missing something?

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Notice he didn't post any of the countless highlights that directly lead to a Jets loss. They don't count. Can we get some highlights of some of those pick 6s or those fumble recoveries returned for TDs, or maybe throw in a dozen sacks of 9+ yards.

Here ya go

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8243c117/Jets-vs-Broncos-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8229340c/GameDay-Jets-vs-Raiders-highlights

So what you are saying here is that QB is "just another position"

Why worry about it so much then?

Elite QB's are proven to win championships. Individual games are less relevant. Our QB has proven to be one of the leagues worst by all measures that the elite ones are winning demonstrate.

Proof is in the pudding dude

Jets have made 2 AFC Championships with the guy leading the way.

He alone almost brought us back in the Pittsburgh game last year.

Bad year, yes...bail on hte guy no

Now you, well you're a big talker that has an opinion...nothing more

Every statistical measure says that we had one of the leagues worst QB's and one of the leagues best defenses when those things happened.

And yet, only losers celebrate back to back AFC championship game losses from years ago.

Elite QB's are proven to win championships. Individual games are less relevant. Our QB has proven to be one of the leagues worst by all measures that the elite ones are winning demonstrate.

I still don't know how that relates to you equating the QB position to a Safety but.........

Super Bowls have ben won by non-elite qb's, also. More difficult, I understand, but that has ben more or less the design of Rex and Tanny.

If you want to change that design, QB is not your only problem, the entire system and staff are.

not to mention we had a pretty strong running game in 09 and 10. which helped take some of the focus off Sanchez. That, IMO, is the best way to help him become a reliable QB. Just have a fantastic run game, year in and year out and he will be decent.

I still don't know how that relates to you equating the QB position to a Safety but.........

Super Bowls have ben won by non-elite qb's, also. More difficult, I understand, but that has ben more or less the design of Rex and Tanny.

If you want to change that design, QB is not your only problem, the entire system and staff are.

I'm comparing them in jest, mostly to mock the idea that Sanchez was responsible for our success during that time, which is pretty evident when you look at the defensive numbers and comparisons in game vs. offensive numbers in game.

Super Bowls have been won by non-elite QBs, but it's rare. Very rare. I'd rather keep trying to find one than try to be the statistical anomaly. And, as of right now, Sanchez has been nothing but a bottom feeder QB. He'd have to improve significantly to be one of those "non-elite" winners.

Rex and Tanny want a ground and pound offense with a strong defense, but they did not trade up to 5 hoping to get a barely capable game manager. Even Tanny has said Sanchez is not where they'd hoped he'd be. A point almost universally ignored in the "anonymous sources" article.

I'm comparing them in jest, mostly to mock the idea that Sanchez was responsible for our success during that time, which is pretty evident when you look at the defensive numbers and comparisons in game vs. offensive numbers in game.

Super Bowls have been won by non-elite QBs, but it's rare. Very rare. I'd rather keep trying to find one than try to be the statistical anomaly. And, as of right now, Sanchez has been nothing but a bottom feeder QB. He'd have to improve significantly to be one of those "non-elite" winners.

Rex and Tanny want a ground and pound offense with a strong defense, but they did not trade up to 5 hoping to get a barely capable game manager. Even Tanny has said Sanchez is not where they'd hoped he'd be. A point almost universally ignored in the "anonymous sources" article.

I will give you the same exercise that I gave Sperm-Critique Sanchez' performance in the red zone this year.

Objectively, of course.

Proof is in the pudding dude

Jets have made 2 AFC Championships with the guy leading the way.

I may not see another Super Bowl win in my lifetime, but one thing is certain -- I will never hear the end of two AFC Championship game losses being touted as the pinnacle of success with Sanchez leading the way. Sweet jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick!

I may not see another Super Bowl win in my lifetime, but one thing is certain -- I will never hear the end of two AFC Championship game losses being touted as the pinnacle of success with Sanchez leading the way. Sweet jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick!

Understand JonE is to Homer as Sanchez is to Sukage

As opposed to anything you have ever come up with that isn't founded upon speculation, impatience and lack of facts.

EY has given nothing but stats to back up his claims but they've been ignored time and time again so he's given up citing them. Sanchez was near the bottom of the league in nearly every statistical category this past season, just as he was his first 2 years, yet it is YOUR camp that wants to excuse Sanchez with speculation, impatience and lack of facts (I.E. "Its all Schotty's fault!"). The Anti-Sanchez camp says the stats speak for themselves while the pro-Sanchez camp either explains them away with excuses or ignores them entirely.

I felt EY's stat that Sanchez has lost 9 games in his career when the D allows 20 points or less was particularly telling, especially when 6 of those 9 losses occurred when the Jets D allowed 10 points or less. Care to explain that one away?

So you are saying you've been of the opinion Sanchez was no good since the day we drafted him or are you just the first to jump ship?

Who cares when people jump ship as long as they do so at this point. Continuing to believe that with time and patience Sanchez will suddenly become great at ANY aspect of the QB position will only lead to heartache. Most of us hoped, and believed, that Sanchez would take a big step in his development this past season. He didn't, in fact quite the opposite, so here we are.

Who cares when people jump ship as long as they do so at this point. Continuing to believe that with time and patience Sanchez will suddenly become great at ANY aspect of the QB position will only lead to heartache. Most of us hoped, and believed, that Sanchez would take a big step in his development this past season. He didn't, in fact quite the opposite, so here we are.

Agree he was bad (in fact horrible) but lots of QB's have taken more than three seasons to click. Fouts, Eli and many others.

I think most considered him a top 15 QB after last post season, None would admit that now though. We'll see what next year brings.

I don't understand how you guys willingly have the same "debate" about the same 1-2 topics all day, every day.

Hahaha... you people must be the life of the party.

If we had to deal with something like 3-4 topics per day we would be in real trouble. We are well aware of our limitations. And, yes, we are the life of the party.

Agree he was bad (in fact horrible) but lots of QB's have taken more than three seasons to click. Fouts, Eli and many others.

I think most considered him a top 15 QB after last post season, None would admit that now though. We'll see what next year brings.

For the few examples of QB's who took over 3 seasons for everything to "click" there are hundreds that never "click". And I don't know that any rational fan ever considered Sanchez as a top-15 QB, postseason success nothwithstanding.

I don't understand how you guys willingly have the same "debate" about the same 1-2 topics all day, every day.

Hahaha... you people must be the life of the party.

Especially over an issue that not a single person here has any control over whatsoever. I am all for a lively debate but rehashing the same drivel over and over again is an exercise in insanity.

EY has given nothing but stats to back up his claims but they've been ignored time and time again so he's given up citing them. Sanchez was near the bottom of the league in nearly every statistical category this past season, just as he was his first 2 years, yet it is YOUR camp that wants to excuse Sanchez with speculation, impatience and lack of facts (I.E. "Its all Schotty's fault!"). The Anti-Sanchez camp says the stats speak for themselves while the pro-Sanchez camp either explains them away with excuses or ignores them entirely.

I felt EY's stat that Sanchez has lost 9 games in his career when the D allows 20 points or less was particularly telling, especially when 6 of those 9 losses occurred when the Jets D allowed 10 points or less. Care to explain that one away?

Oh Rly?! So it wasn't me who said he contnues to miss reads, and throws the ball inaccurately. It wasn't me who has said that when he makes mistakes he goes into a shell and lets the mistakes affect his game.

I have no camp, the only thing I defend is the Jets because I am a fan of the team. Yet so many people around here are so damn impatient with every player the second they put on a uniform. If they don't perform every down, every game, every year, they are a bum and must be run out of town.

I'm defending Sanchez at this moment because it seems like everyone in the damn sports world is piling on the guy, including the fans of the team. Would I argue against Peyton Manning on the team in place of Sanchez, nope. But I also don't think the team is in a bad a shape as everyone is making out to be of Mark is the quarterback next season.

BTW I'm done arguing this, if you guys want to be miserable about the team and it's quarterback so be it.

Oh Rly?! So it wasn't me who said he contnues to miss reads, and throws the ball inaccurately. It wasn't me who has said that when he makes mistakes he goes into a shell and lets the mistakes affect his game.

I have no camp, the only thing I defend is the Jets because I am a fan of the team. Yet so many people around here are so damn impatient with every player the second they put on a uniform. If they don't perform every down, every game, every year, they are a bum and must be run out of town.

I'm defending Sanchez at this moment because it seems like everyone in the damn sports world is piling on the guy, including the fans of the team. Would I argue against Peyton Manning on the team in place of Sanchez, nope. But I also don't think the team is in a bad a shape as everyone is making out to be of Mark is the quarterback next season.

BTW I'm done arguing this, if you guys want to be miserable about the team and it's quarterback so be it.

Why shouldn't we want to run the guy out of town? Where in what you said above is Sanchez worth keeping around, especially since "he contnues to miss reads, and throws the ball inaccurately"? He's going into his 4th season and all his numbers say he's a bum. Why shouldn't we be hard on the guy, who was a top-5 pick, sleeps with various celebrities every night, steals millions upon millions of dollars from fans, and is still terrible?

No one wants to be miserable about the team or the QB. The fact that we still haven't been to a Super Bowl in 43 years AND we still have a sh*tty QB does that job for us.

Some people are just happier when they're miserable. Some of the people complaining the loudest now weren't too vocal when the Jets' were winning. That should tell you something.

Archived