Sanchez, has no talent apparently. Am I missing something?

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh g'dammit this sh*t again...I agree with both side...The guy sucks balls, always has in the pros...OTOH I'm forced to have "hope" because Manning probably isn't happening and it's ridiculously unlikely we find a worthwhile candidate outside of that. I'm resigned to one more year, I have my bouts of optimism with it, and uh...Tyler Bray 2014 or sumthin.

You also liked Pennington.

Yes and if he weren't made of eggshells he would be a 10+ year starter in the NFL... Think back to blowing out the colts in the playoffs... Sanchez is better and more durable than Chad... QBs like that are hard to come by...

If you think Sanchez sucks you seriously need to re-evaluate your self worth in terms of football scouting.

Why bother?

Sanchez apologists ignore the fact that the offense has never been good under him (they blame schotty often exclusively) and that the defense carried us to those playoff wins as evidenced by the fact that we held teams under their average scoring while still scoring under the averages the opposing defenses let up and still won.

They ignore that Sanchez has always been at the bottom of the league in not only the advanced metrics, but also in QB rating, yards per attempt, and completion percentage.

Further, Sanchez apologists ignore that even his completed passes are off target, that he holds the ball too long, that he often locks on to his WRs, that he has horrific field vision as evidenced by his terrible decision making and INTs. Instead, blaming the offensive line, a myth that Pro Football Focus pretty much blew up. They blame WRs not getting open, which is something that without game film cannot be determined and contradicts many who have gone to games and reported that Sanchez is simply not seeing open guys.

In sum, there's nothing positive to say about him as a player except his record, which in any objective analysis, really has more to do with the defense than him. So, in reality, before this post I said just as much as you in my "trolling", as you provided absolutely nothing of substance... Nothing personal of course, because there's nothing of substance that defends Sanchez.

Well said,cannot agree with you more.

I will give you the same exercise that I gave Sperm-Critique Sanchez' performance in the red zone this year.

Objectively, of course.

I know our RZ percentage was pretty strong. I actually watched a great NFL Playbook video on how Plax (SAY IT AINT SO) created a ton of match-up nightmares down there and how Schotty (SAY IT AINT SO) also designed things well using Plax to spring other guys.

But yeah, the red zone stood out as a stronger part of our offense, and yes, the QB is of course a factor.

As opposed to anything you have ever come up with that isn't founded upon speculation, impatience and lack of facts.

Impatience is the only one you could make a case for. Considering my entire argument is based on the actual facts and yours is based on, he's won games and might get better.

So you are saying you've been of the opinion Sanchez was no good since the day we drafted him or are you just the first to jump ship?

I watch very little college football. I was optimistic about Sanchez because I hoped he would be good and honestly, I didn't know much about him besides he was the 2nd highest QB prospect in that draft. I was optimistic about Gholston too. I was optimistic about Kyle Wilson and Vlad Ducasse. I was optimistic about Revis and Mangold and D'Brick when they came out. I thought Mike Nugent would be a great kicker for us. When they drafted Schlegal, I thought, "They must know something." I really didn't see any of them play, because I really only watch bowl games and I take the obviously foolish stance that our FO knows something about scouting and will find us good players. That's where my faith and optimism as a Jets fan comes in.

I do watch a lot of pro football though. And, my initial optimism really doesn't play a role in my judgments of players who I see perform on the field. When I look at Sanchez, I see a bottom of the league QB who doesn't do much well. The statistics back this up and the eye test backs this up. The worst QB in the NFL makes good throws too. So, showing me a highlight reel isn't exactly going to do much to convince me when you consider his overall performance.

Agree he was bad (in fact horrible) but lots of QB's have taken more than three seasons to click. Fouts, Eli and many others.

I think most considered him a top 15 QB after last post season, None would admit that now though. We'll see what next year brings.

He was horrific in the Colts game last year. Does no one remember that?

Some people are just happier when they're miserable. Some of the people complaining the loudest now weren't too vocal when the Jets' were winning. That should tell you something.

And some of us pointed out that there were significant problems even when we were winning.

This "happier when miserable" argument holds 0 water as there's really not been much to be happy about if you're a Jets fan. I'm supposed to be happy about back to back AFC Championship losses when our biggest rival, the Pats, played in 5 Super Bowls, winning 3 since 2000 and our cross-town shared stadium rivals have played in 3 Super Bowls, winning 2 in that time. And, that's not even about jealousy, once the Jets lose, it really doesn't matter. But, that is to point out what fans should be happy about. That's success. Not back to back playoff losses short of the Super Bowl.

I guess not all of us have the same measure of success.

Yes and if he weren't made of eggshells he would be a 10+ year starter in the NFL... Think back to blowing out the colts in the playoffs... Sanchez is better and more durable than Chad... QBs like that are hard to come by...

If you think Sanchez sucks you seriously need to re-evaluate your self worth in terms of football scouting.

Remind me again what happened the week after that Colts game? And then, for the rest of Chad's career.

Remind me again what you've been right about? Ever? Last time we spoke, you told me about how good the Jets defense was this year and how our 3 game losing streak was just a slump. How'd that work out for you?

I know our RZ percentage was pretty strong. I actually watched a great NFL Playbook video on how Plax (SAY IT AINT SO) created a ton of match-up nightmares down there and how Schotty (SAY IT AINT SO) also designed things well using Plax to spring other guys.

But yeah, the red zone stood out as a stronger part of our offense, and yes, the QB is of course a factor.

I'm pretty sure they were 1st in the league actually.

This is probably one of the better posts you have made here lately, in my opinion. The thing that seems quite striking to me is that if you displayed consistency in this mode of thought, then you would also have to hold accountable the rest of the offense, and Schotty for all of Sanchez's performance thus far. I apologize if I missed it, but it appears to me that you are quick to point out the effect others have had on Sanchez succeeding in areas while minimizing their negative effects when the offense fails.

Also, as I have stated 1 million times, and I know this to fall on deaf ears, let's see what the kid can do with some time in another system without the boy wonder Schotty.

If you want to jump ship on him, that's your prerogative. I, personally would rather being labeled a dumb homer or whatever other juvenile name that is to be bestowed upon me by you folks, that are obviously much more astute than I, and root for the Jets QB to succeed. I don't just hope that Sanchez succeeds, I expect him to. Then again, I find it ironic that anyone can claim to be factual, intelligent, and the like, and also claim to be a Jets' fan at all. I know I'm dumb. I also know that I'm a Jets fan. Don't the two kind of go hand in hand?

Just sayin'

Mark Sanchez will be a top 5 QB in this league in a few years and he'll have at minimum a couple rings to go with it when he finanly hangs it up.

(Date that this was said: Feb. 10th 2012)

I'm not willing to go there but I do like your optimism!

I will say, Mark Sanchez will be a top 10 QB in this league and will win at least 1 Superbowl.

(Date this was said: Feb. 11, 2012).

I think he can develop. I know others disagree, but my personal opinion is that he did not regress this season. I think he made some progress. Further, he did so despite 1) being undermined by his WR's, 2) More O-line injuries than he's ever had to deal with, and 3) his own injury later in the season. So I'm with you on this, for the most part.

Since we are into "maybes"---Maybe Sanchez was just there when they won---the same way Dilfer was there when the Ravens won? Hey, Rex Grossman got to a Super Bowl. Stan Humprhries got to a Super Bowl. I never wanted either of those guys to QB any team of mine.

Archived