no thread on Timmy Wakefield retiring?

Blackout

The past 10 years are more relevant. 20 years ago the Yankees were 76-86. What does that have to do with anything?

The only team that the 'last 10 years' things applies to is the Patriots. The Sox, Celtics and Bruins have long rich histories.

The Sox have 5 starters from their last title team from 5 years ago.

How many Yankees are still on the 76-86 1992 team?

Over the past 15 years, they have fiished second 10 times. Usually to the only team that can and willspend more then them.

Lets not pretend the Yankees success is based on superb GM acumen. The Yanklees win because they throw more money around then everyone one else.

The Sox have averaged 90+ wins the past three seasons not because they were a well built team. They won because they spent around 500 million on salary. They built flawed teams that still won a lot of games.

This post is a laugh a second.

Most of your timeline rant is nothing but nonsensical garbage that doesn't mean anything.

And it's always good for a chuckle when Sox fans talk about payroll.

Hold onto your past 10 years, i will hold onto the fact that history states that the Yankees have 27 titles to Bostons 7. The Yankees have lost more World Series (13), than Boston has ever been in (11). Please dont bring payroll into this, Boston spends their fair share, if you got it, spend it.

Hold onto your past 10 years, i will hold onto the fact that history states that the Yankees have 27 titles to Bostons 7. The Yankees have lost more World Series (13), than Boston has ever been in (11). Please dont bring payroll into this, Boston spends their fair share, if you got it, spend it.

I am honest about it unlike Yankee Nation who wonders why the Pirates or Royals do not take the pittance they get from MLB and compete with the Yankees for free agents. The Pirates could not give away their money and had to take a Yankee mistake to bolster their rotation.

This post is a laugh a second.

Most of your timeline rant is nothing but nonsensical garbage that doesn't mean anything.

And it's always good for a chuckle when Sox fans talk about payroll.

And that is all your point's have been.

Yes, they have missed the past two post seasons. So? That is after making the playoffs during 6 of the previous 7. Which means what for 2012? Nothing.

The Sox team that takes the field in game 1 is nothing like the team that bombed in Game 162 of 2011.

I hate it when the Sux fans are actually morte rational than the Yankees fans. it doesn't happen often, but Blackout is just being a troll and there's no explanation for this potato fool.

There's nothing irrational about the facts that I've presented here.

1) The Red Sox have finished third and out of the playoffs in the most recent consecutive seasons.

2) You can't contend for a title if you don't make the playoffs. IOW, third place teams are not contenders.

I challenge you to dispute either of those statements.

There's nothing irrational about the facts that I've presented here.

1) The Red Sox have finished third and out of the playoffs in the most recent consecutive seasons.

2) You can't contend for a title if you don't make the playoffs. IOW, third place teams are not contenders.

I challenge you to dispute either of those statements.

The Red Sox missed the playoffs last year by one game. They contended until the very end of the season.

I hate it when the Sux fans are actually morte rational than the Yankees fans. it doesn't happen often, but Blackout is just being a troll and there's no explanation for this potato fool.

I think Bob would rather pass a stone than compliment RSN.

I hope Bob and PFSIKH and the rest of the chowderheads enjoy their spring training days at JETblue park and their surfing the web to their great new website -- jetbluepark.com

poor boston LOOSARS

Bob is a Yankee fan. But, continue as you were ranting and insulting and giving other solid Yankees fans a bad name.

I hope Bob and PFSIKH and the rest of the chowderheads enjoy their spring training days at JETblue park and their surfing the web to their great new website -- jetbluepark.com

poor boston LOOSARS

Every time I think the stupidity bar has been set at an unreachable level, somebody clears it with room to spare.

Every time I think the stupidity bar has been set at an unreachable level, somebody clears it with room to spare.

It was because of this type of constant hate posting style that caused his banishment from JI. I give him another 2 weeks here before the Mods here get tired of his never ending angry schtick.

It was because of this type of constant hate posting style that caused his banishment from JI. I give him another 2 weeks here before the Mods here get tired of his never ending angry schtick.

We also don't appreciate people who sign up just to antagonize a poster.

Damn! Another two weeks? It's been seven years already!

;)

Bob's a staple at Jetnation. One of the good staples. Like Bread or Water....not like canned beans....although........ :-k

Damn! Another two weeks? It's been seven years already!

;)

Bob's a staple at Jetnation. One of the good staples. Like Bread or Water....not like canned beans....although........ :-k

Thanks, 'banza, but I don't think he was talking about me. As far as I know, I'm still not banned at JI. Can't say I know for sure, though.

HHHHmmmmmmm.........MadMike?

it's funny how Roy Oswalt won't sign with Boston

Why is that funny? Wouldn't it be funnier that no one really wants him at his price? Oswalt was a solid pitcher in a weaker league and I'm not sure he'd make it in the AL East. Why wouldn't he sign with a contender in the AL? He knows his stuff might not jive either. I am comfortable giving the young guys a chance.

• 1 month later...

I doubt you honestly think the Red Sox are non-contenders. They will be in contention again.

LOL.

Yup. I still believe it. The only thing I'll take back is the assertion that the Sox should primarily be concerned with Toronto in the battle for third place. It appears that they may need to worry more about the Orioles in the battle for last.

• 4 months later...

You're right. I should have projected mass injuries and managerial incompetence.

Injuries? Really? The Yankees have had as much, if not more significant injuries.

And managerial incompetence was a no-brainer.

Bottom line is this was and is a bad team. Nothing has changed but your bias has been slapped down.

Archived