If you could go back in time and change one thing about Jets History

SouthernJet

what would you change??

I would change when Weeb retired and was allowed by Jets ownership to name his damn son-in-law Charlie Winner as new Jets Head Coach. At the time, Buddy Ryan was the Jets Def Coord. and next in line to be Jets HC. At the time local papers were even shocked. Who knows what would have been altered.

(2nd choice would be to have Parcells KEEP his freaking word to Belichick and totally leave Jets organization and hand 100% control over to Belichick when Tuna retired. We never would have seen a Patriots Belichick)

I didnt imply you could bring someone to the future, lol

I meant you could change a decision team made at the time

Yes so I'd take Marino over O'Brien, the Brady comment is just my opinion on Marino's ability. Although drafting Brady over Chad would not have been a bad thing either.

Yes so I'd take Marino over O'Brien, the Brady comment is just my opinion on Marino's ability. Although drafting Brady over Chad would not have been a bad thing either.

This, or Parcells realizing how good Peyton Manning was and guaranteeing him what ever he wanted to leave Tennessee a year early. Instead he took Keyshawn.

This, or Parcells realizing how good Peyton Manning was and guaranteeing him what ever he wanted to leave Tennessee a year early. Instead he took Keyshawn.

I can't believe he took a f'n WR #1 to top it off...Yuch.

Of course Parcells has no real love for the just out of college first round pick QB so...Yeah, might have to go with finding a way to keep Belichick.

This game isn't fun.

what would you change??

I would change when Weeb retired and was allowed by Jets ownership to name his damn son-in-law Charlie Winner as new Jets Head Coach. At the time, Buddy Ryan was the Jets Def Coord. and next in line to be Jets HC. At the time local papers were even shocked. Who knows what would have been altered.

(2nd choice would be to have Parcells KEEP his freaking word to Belichick and totally leave Jets organization and hand 100% control over to Belichick when Tuna retired. We never would have seen a Patriots Belichick)

Interesting point.

Belichick was also hesitant of ownership change. IF Par$ells walked away totally, he might have stayed, but Johnson would have had to do some major reassuring.

Marino, Imagine Dan with today's pass happy rules. He'd make Brady look like a Jag.

Marino would get 6000 yards today.

Definitely O'Brien instead of Marino.

Funny thing is, O'Brien wasn't a bad player. He just had one fault-he held the ball too long. When he first started we figured he had talent in other areas, he would learn to get rid of the ball over time. He never did, he was just as bad at it in his last year as he was in his first.

He had great people around him-Freeman McNeil, Johnny Hector, Wesley Walker, Bruce Harper, Mickey Shuler, James Hasty and others on defense, but they never got to the Super Bowl, mostly because at critical moments in the season O'Brien got sacked holding the ball trying to make a play.

When O'Brien came to the Jets they were a team that hadn't won in a while, but were still remembered from their early years. By the time he left they were a team that hadn't won since forever.

I can't believe he took a f'n WR #1 to top it off...Yuch.

Of course Parcells has no real love for the just out of college first round pick QB so...Yeah, might have to go with finding a way to keep Belichick.

This game isn't fun.

1. Parcells didn't draft Keyshawn.

2. Parcells drafted Bledsoe first round first pick QB right out of college.

Parcells didnt draft keyshawn. Kotite was the coach then, and parcells traded away the first pick in 1997, manning wasnt drafted until 1998.

agree with sperm edwards

I was at that draft in the balcony of that hotel

and if Pete Rozelle had said the following:

With the 23rd pick in the 1983 Draftm the New York Jets select Quarterback,,, (pause... the same pause he actually did when he made the actual announcement)

Dan Marino, Pittsburgh

the next 20 years would have been vastly different than the mediocre run of Ken O'Brien and what followed

or you could say Farrior has more Superbowl rings than Marino, Manning and O'Brien combined

however, still doesn't take away from the worst moment in Jet history when they passed over a Hall of Famer and , arguably, the greatest passer ever for a Hall of Fame never ever

Archived