Rex learns a lesson, SB guarantee a mistake

JetNation

Post image for Rex learns a lesson, SB guarantee a mistake

Rex Ryan after going through the train-wreck end of the 2011 season, has realized that maybe, just maybe that guaranteeing a Super Bowl every year probably isn’t the best of ideas.

“I know what everybody is thinking, all right,” the bombastic coach said in his opening comments at the podium. “The return to the infamous Super Bowl guarantee was here. … Looking back, obviously it was a huge mistake to make that guarantee.

“At the time we were coming off two [AFC] championship games, I really thought it would be a thing that would actually motivate our team, you know, to really talk about the Super Bowl, to focus on the Super Bowl. But in hindsight, I think it put undue pressure on our team and we kind of lost focus and really we lost focus on what we do best.”

That and the offensive line was a mess since day 1 along with the lack of a pass rush but moving on to another quote:

“Obviously, we had a terrible season,” Ryan said. “I’ll take full responsibility for it. I think part of that guarantee really contributed to that.

“There were some lessons well-learned. I can promise you. But I know, looking individually at myself, there are several things I can improve in and get better. I’m looking forward to this season. I know I’ll be better and I know each one of our guys will be better. I believe that.”

I sure hope so Rex, I sure hope so.

di
di

dPOz-hPUT1c

View the full article

So good to see Rex finally admit how foolish he was, even if it is two years after many of us were saying the same thing.

Better late than never, I guess.

What a buffoon.

The guy has given us more to cheer for than any other Jets coach since 69. An 8-8 season, the guy shows some humilty and he's a buffoon. Good stuff/

So good to see Rex finally admit how foolish he was, even if it is two years after many of us were saying the same thing.

Better late than never, I guess.

What a buffoon.

only my opinion, of course

and submitted respectfully with a :winking0001:

but I think that your post may show who is really the buffoon

Rex is a good coach who willingly and joyfully presented himself as a good ol' boy buffoon. That's why everybody talks about his mouth instead of his talent. Now, hopefully, he's going to let his team's performance do his talking for him.

this

Yeah Rex the guarantees were pretty stupid huh?Ya think?How about this year doing something you never did before. Coach&prepare the team every week while keeping your fat mouth shut! No more wigs&foot videos PLEASE! Act like a professional Head Coach.Thank You.JetNation.

You know what will be gone next year? The last of your retirement funds. You've outlived your means, time to pass on.

well at least i got to see the jets win a SB live and not on tape. Sadly you wont ever get the thrill. Lowell beckons? Have you tweeted Knicks season is over LOL

Yeah Rex the guarantees were pretty stupid huh?Ya think?How about this year doing something you never did before. Coach&prepare the team every week while keeping your fat mouth shut! No more wigs&foot videos PLEASE! Act like a professional Head Coach.Thank You.JetNation.

The foot stuff was not a proud moment as a fan, I admit, but I actually liked the wig thing. Of course if we lost I wouldn't have found it so funny.

Archived