Manish Mehta: Jets Give Bart Scott Permission to Seek trade

flgreen

A lot of people as well as posters on this board me, Jetsbabe, JiF and others wanted nothing to do with VG and thought he was way overrated.

Congratulations, you all win a cookie. Problem is that Max ate the whole box so you'll have to work out your prize with him.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone will take Scott but it's going to be for a sh*t pick.

Not with $4.5 million guaranteed. Tanny screwed the pooch on this one.

WTF? We don't have enough holes already we want to go and create a new one?

Exactly. Why would anyone want him? Especially for what the Jets are paying him?

Nobody has considered a player-for-player trade.

If we took on another team's $4.2M problem and they took on ours, we could upgrade both of our rosters while not "losing" any cap.

Bart Scott would be an upgrade at any of the Eagles' LB positions, though he's probably best suited to SAM.

They have fielded Jeremiah Trotter and Dhani Jones...so it's not like they're object to veteran linebackers.

Tagging DeSean Jackson would cost them $9M; trading for Scott actually saves them $5M and upgrades their roster. We would be gaining another expensive, whiny-quitter... but one with talent, at a position we need to fill anyway.

If not DeSean Jackson, lets say we pay $3M/per for a FA WR, plus the $4.2M for a LB who doesn't play. That's $7.2M for two roster spots but only one REAL player. Might as well just pay one super talented guy the $7.2M Isn't that about what Jackson wants anyway?

Jackson wants money, Scott wants playing time on a contender. I see it as a win-win

Has Rex commented on this at all? Bart's supposedly his boy and now the front office is trying to strong-arm him. I wonder how that's going over with the ol' HC.

Rex pulled Scott out and gave him less playing time.`I think Rex is in on the deal behind the scenes, but he wants it to appear that his hands are clean.

Tanny bad guy - Rex good guy.

Nobody has considered a player-for-player trade.

If we took on another team's $4.2M problem and they took on ours, we could upgrade both of our rosters while not "losing" any cap.

Bart Scott would be an upgrade at any of the Eagles' LB positions, though he's probably best suited to SAM.

They have fielded Jeremiah Trotter and Dhani Jones...so it's not like they're object to veteran linebackers.

Tagging DeSean Jackson would cost them $9M; trading for Scott actually saves them $5M and upgrades their roster. We would be gaining another expensive, whiny-quitter... but one with talent, at a position we need to fill anyway.

If not DeSean Jackson, lets say we pay $3M/per for a FA WR, plus the $4.2M for a LB who doesn't play. That's $7.2M for two roster spots but only one REAL player. Might as well just pay one super talented guy the $7.2M Isn't that about what Jackson wants anyway?

Jackson wants money, Scott wants playing time on a contender. I see it as a win-win

What else exactly are we throwing in for DeSean Jackson?

Archived