Trade for Desean Jackson

Sweet!!!

Now we can have 2 undersized wr's that cant/won't block for sh*t to go with our new ground n pound.

blocking is overrated, don't you know we have Shonn 'broken ribs" Greene on our roster?

Anyway, I'm sure a fiesty Desean blocks better than a lazy Plaxico

Edited by Greenseed4

blocking is overrated, don't you know we have Shonn 'broken ribs" Greene on our roster?

I could only go by what I've seen on TV, but I know for a fact I saw Plaxico blocking his a$$ off at times (tv cameras permitted)....but if someone who goes to games and has more knowledge of him being lazy and maybe taking off plays...i'd like to hear it. Otherwise, I think its something that unobjective people say because they don't care for him, and then a bunch of people that don't know better just repeat it.

So no, I don't think Jackson/Holmes would be the same or better as Plax/Holmes...and no I don't think blocking is overrated.

I could only go by what I've seen on TV, but I know for a fact I saw Plaxico blocking his a$$ off at times (tv cameras permitted)....but if someone who goes to games and has more knowledge of him being lazy and maybe taking off plays...i'd like to hear it. Otherwise, I think its something that unobjective people say because they don't care for him, and then a bunch of people that don't know better just repeat it.

So no, I don't think Jackson/Holmes would be the same or better as Plax/Holmes...and no I don't think blocking is overrated.

Look, I don't know if DeSean can block, or whether his blocking is better than Plaxico's; but It's a moot point. The question you're asking is, would having two smallish recievers on the same (run-oriented) team be successful. I say yes. Having that kind of speed on the outside would open up the run-game by keeping the safeties honest...It would keep less men in the box for a bruising back like Greene.

Blocking on the outside is to help spring runs so that they go the distance...that's going to be a rarity with Shonn Greene and his running style. I think DeSean is more of a playmaker (with the ball in his hands)...Than is Shonn Greene with improved blocking at one WR position.

-----------------------------------

However, I think the thread title is misleading...especially if you didn't read the initial post. The purpose in going for DeSean was based on the proposition that we could unload Bart Scott to a LB-needy team (in this case, the Eagles) and in turn, we fill a position of need by taking a bloated contract off their hands (in this case, DeSean Jackson).

We can trade Bart Scott for this guy, maybe throw in one of those escalator picks.

The Eagles need LBs like there's no tommorrow, and would actually save money by taking on Scott's contract as opposed to paying the franchise tag of $9.4M for their disgruntled reciever.

We would have to overpay for another diva. But this guy would push Holmes, scare the **** outta deep safeties and open up our entire running game. Who in their right mind would drop a safety in the box when we have Jackson and Holmes? That means we could play Ground & Pound defense against 7-man fronts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NiIvNkieLs

just tagged.

Look, I don't know if DeSean can block, or whether his blocking is better than Plaxico's; but It's a moot point. The question you're asking is, would having two smallish recievers on the same (run-oriented) team be successful. I say yes. Having that kind of speed on the outside would open up the run-game by keeping the safeties honest...It would keep less men in the box for a bruising back like Greene.

Blocking on the outside is to help spring runs so that they go the distance...that's going to be a rarity with Shonn Greene and his running style. I think DeSean is more of a playmaker (with the ball in his hands)...Than is Shonn Greene with improved blocking at one WR position.

-----------------------------------

However, I think the thread title is misleading...especially if you didn't read the initial post. The purpose in going for DeSean was based on the proposition that we could unload Bart Scott to a LB-needy team (in this case, the Eagles) and in turn, we fill a position of need by taking a bloated contract off their hands (in this case, DeSean Jackson).

The answer is NO, Desean cannot block and NO, he cannot block better then Plax who cannot block better then Braylon. I also remember Greene busting a couple of late long runs to seal the deal, in particular against NE when he "put them to bed"

Look, I will not disagree that Desean IS a playmaker, but he is not right for this team...and he damn sure is worth FAR MORE then Bart Scott.

6 man line? WTF?

http://www.footballo...alysis-6ol-sets

I looked into it. Turns out every team does this, and not only in "power formations" (at the 15-yard line, in).

We actually ranked #5 out of teams in terms of plays ran with 6-OL last year, behind OAK, NYG, NO, ATL, CIN... and gained 5.2 yds/play (which was second best).

I'm assuming that last year, it was Ducasse who came off the bench to "chip in". Does anyone know different? Perhaps this year, that will be Hunter's role--his "starters role". He seems to have a build more suitable to hitting the second level than Ducasse, and if Hunter replaces Mulligan, technically he'll be a starter in some games; something Tanny alluded to in his interview the other day.

Since Mulligan played in 40% of the snaps last year, and only caught 5 rec, for 58 yards, it's safe to say he wasn't a huge presence in the passing game.

Assuming Hunter is a better blocker than Mulligan...is it really that far-fetched to have him play the "blocking-TE" role, thus creating a 6OL?

on edit: I deleted my saying "G&P baby!" because it looked gay

Edited by Greenseed4

That is brilliant. LOL

I feel the exact same way. :biggrin:

Pardon me gentlemen, I would like to direction your attention to the post above ^

and thank you for not face-palming my brilliance creativity. It is obviously minds like ours that power this site.

LOL now I like you. Touché.

You liked me before, you just don't remember. I was Greenseed3 for about three years until I took a little "vacation" and forgot my password, hence Greenseed4 and the low post count.

Lotsa newbies hanging around these days. But I love the new format.

thread of the year

I'd be cised for DJax. sick weapon, he just needs to be more humble and stay healthy

but seriously the six man line should be explored

please read post #50 in this thread; I thought I was being all-genius and sh*t. Turns out other guys have thought of this. In fact ALL teams have thought of this.

Usually the 6OL is employed in just goalline-type formations; but Atlanta used it almost exclusively (okay, not exclusively, but a lot) in Matty's first year...in order to give him time to settle down and see the game. I know this will be year #4 for Mark, but Woody's absence and the movement toward a more complicated passing attack really rattled Sanchez. Perhaps he needs to be coddled with a 6 man line for a couple games.

You liked me before, you just don't remember. I was Greenseed3 for about three years until I took a little "vacation" and forgot my password, hence Greenseed4 and the low post count.

Lotsa newbies hanging around these days. But I love the new format.

Oooh I remember now lol the 4 threw me off.

http://www.footballo...alysis-6ol-sets

I looked into it. Turns out every team does this, and not only in "power formations" (at the 15-yard line, in).

We actually ranked #5 out of teams in terms of plays ran with 6-OL last year, behind OAK, NYG, NO, ATL, CIN... and gained 5.2 yds/play (which was second best).

I'm assuming that last year, it was Ducasse who came off the bench to "chip in". Does anyone know different? Perhaps this year, that will be Hunter's role--his "starters role". He seems to have a build more suitable to hitting the second level than Ducasse, and if Hunter replaces Mulligan, technically he'll be a starter in some games; something Tanny alluded to in his interview the other day.

Since Mulligan played in 40% of the snaps last year, and only caught 5 rec, for 58 yards, it's safe to say he wasn't a huge presence in the passing game.

Assuming Hunter is a better blocker than Mulligan...is it really that far-fetched to have him play the "blocking-TE" role, thus creating a 6OL?

on edit: I deleted my saying "G&P baby!" because it looked gay

On your last sentence, maybe> In principle...I don't know if we gain anything....