Jason Varitek to Retire

CrazyCarl40

Tough ? Meh..they barely played the last few seasons. Its not like both of them were All Stars last season.

P.S: I shouldn't offend you. You give a negative rep if it offensive to your beloved club even if its true!

Wakefield started 23 games last season, but Tek was a part time player the last few years, that is true. But that's not why it is tough and I think you misunderstand. Varitek was a Red Sox player for 15 season, Wakefield for 17. It is tough because these are the guys I grew up watching. It'll be the same thing for Yankees fans when Mo and Jeter retire. It's hard to watch your favorite players grow old and get out of the game. That's what I was saying.

I don't even know what you mean by the last comment.

Wakefield started 23 games last season, but Tek was a part time player the last few years, that is true. But that's not why it is tough and I think you misunderstand. Varitek was a Red Sox player for 15 season, Wakefield for 17. It is tough because these are the guys I grew up watching. It'll be the same thing for Yankees fans when Mo and Jeter retire. It's hard to watch your favorite players grow old and get out of the game. That's what I was saying.

I don't even know what you mean by the last comment.

Its a factual statement. Not surprised Red Sox fans cannot understand it. :)

Its a factual statement. Not surprised Red Sox fans cannot understand it. :)

I mean I don't know what you're referring to. I understand factual statements just fine. Although, you saying I give negative rep for offensive statements about my team is not true. If I did, the Jets board would be littered with negative signs.

I mean I don't know what you're referring to. I understand factual statements just fine. Although, you saying I give negative rep for offensive statements about my team is not true. If I did, the Jets board would be littered with negative signs.

I always remember the last negative rep i got.

And i see now i will have to remember another Pats troll douche! PR37!

Tough ? Meh..they barely played the last few seasons. Its not like both of them were All Stars last season.

P.S: I shouldn't offend you. You give a negative rep if it offensive to your beloved club even if its true!

I got you to even.

I am glad Wake is gone. He has not been good the past few seasons and his whining at the end of last season was pitiful.

I would not have minded to see Tek back as a back-up, but he has not hit in years. Salty might not be as good as Tek was in his prime, but he is hitting better now then Tek.

LOL

Disagree. They wanted him to help groom Salty for a year and was a stable, reliable back-up.

Now there's room for Lavarney. I saw the kid here in Buffalo after he came up to the Pawsox. Kid looks like the real deal with that swing.

Archived